Poll on the Syracuse Board | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll on the Syracuse Board

Reaction Score
Cuse fans should be more concerned about the fact that 20 wins in the mighty ACC doesn't get you to the Big Dance. ACC is beginning to smell a lot like AAC both in basketball and football
4 teams plus ND in the final Top 25?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's amazing how so many old-time Big East rivals have fallen on hard times.
That Sucks The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

Reaction Score
The jealousy and envy are palpable.

View attachment 97353
View attachment 97354
People who say they don’t want to be in a conference with SYRACUSE have no idea how much fun it is to live rent free in the head of someone who hates you that much and you just love to beat.
In the New Big East PC enjoys that kind of hate for us but except for the few who didn’t get the memo , we’re pretty ambivalent towards them which drives them crazy.
Syracuse , Georgetown, St John’s , Villanova , Pitt , and maybe even Cinncy were ahead of PC .
Creighton and their insane fanbase have great potential unless Villanova rights the ship , Pitino can bring back the Johnies ,
or a miracle happens on the Potomac.

Reaction Score
People who say they don’t want to be in a conference with SYRACUSE have no idea how much fun it is to live rent free in the head of someone who hates you that much and you just love to beat.
In the New Big East PC enjoys that kind of hate for us but except for the few who didn’t get the memo , we’re pretty ambivalent towards them which drives them crazy.
Syracuse , Georgetown, St John’s , Villanova , Pitt , and maybe even Cinncy were ahead of PC .
Creighton and their insane fanbase have great potential unless Villanova rights the ship , Pitino can bring back the Johnies ,
or a miracle happens on the Potomac.
as a mbb season ticket holder, Syracuse was the annual game circled on the calendar.

Reaction Score
If the BY put up a poll with the roles reversed, it might theoretically poll Syracuse losing to a 16 seed lol. At least they’re realistic to know that’s not happening with UConn. Their program HAS lost to a 15 seed before.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The jealousy and envy are palpable.

View attachment 97353
View attachment 97354
I like how those morons are letting us win our first round matchup vs the 16.
I'd rather win the NIT than have Cuse lose the 1 v 8/9.
I'd rather lose the NIT if they lost the 1 v 16 game. That would bring great endless joy! Shame! Shame! Shame!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Most shocking to me is Syracuse is 20-11 and 11-9 in the ACC and they are not considered an NCAA caliber team. How the ACC has fallen over the past few years.

Their NET is horrible.

Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
No one wants to play in the NIT because it means you didn't have a very good season. If you stuck in it, you might as well try to win it. But at the beginning of the year it is virtually no one's goal to make the NIT.
No I get that part. What I mean is once you are already there, where you can't make the dance, why not participate?

Reaction Score
Wow, they are really putting their thumb on the scale here -- not only do mediocre P6 teams get automatic bids, but they get top 4 seeds.

Speculation is that the NCAA is so worried about the big2 breaking away that they are trying to appease them with handouts.

Reaction Score
I forgot they played basketball.

(in a way that's actually sad since it was such a great rivalry)

Reaction Score
Who the hell cares about winning the NIT? I mean it's nice. If you're in the NIT, you'd like to win, but it's sort of a ho-hum thing. I get far more joy in seeing the teams I don't like choke.

I'm sure Cam agrees with me. :)
It’s like saying you’d rather win the New Big East Tournament than the NCAA Tournament. I suppose it’s nice but really, who cares.

Reaction Score
Wow, they are really putting their thumb on the scale here -- not only do mediocre P6 teams get automatic bids, but they get top 4 seeds.
Yeah. That plus FOX was threatening to create its own Loser bracket tournament for just FOX affiliated leagues. There are lots of benefits to being a mediocre Team in a good conference

Reaction Score
It's a weakass move worrying what any other team's fans think especially when the team you follow is the defending champ and a strong favorite to repeat.
Wow, impressive heel turn.
100% true, yet it is almost as true that a Retired Professor Jekyll Emery has taken over posting on your behalf.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Wow, impressive heel turn.
100% true, yet it is almost as true that a Retired Professor Jekyll Emery has taken over posting on your behalf.

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Actually, I don't get whatever it is you are trying to say. It's always been my position that dragging crap here from other boards is a waste of bandwidth.

No heal turn or Jekyll/hyde going on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a sad state of affairs over in the cuse camp
Not sad at all. In fact, it is quite a joyous state of affairs.

That said, I think their new coach has a shot a getting them back on course within 2 seasons

Reaction Score
Most shocking to me is Syracuse is 20-11 and 11-9 in the ACC and they are not considered an NCAA caliber team. How the ACC has fallen over the past few years.
That is the bigger story. I always thought the ACC was more hype than substance, but the current state of the conference is stunning.

I think winning the NIT would be a great start for a new coach who is trying to rebuild a program while following the program's icon.

Reaction Score
Sad to see a once proud Cuse program be happy to make the NIT, while there old rival is defending national champions and the current favorites to repeat.

Reaction Score
No I get that part. What I mean is once you are already there, where you can't make the dance, why not participate?
I agree with that. You have to play the hand you are dealt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom