Poll: Most Annoying Mispronunciation | The Boneyard

Poll: Most Annoying Mispronunciation

Which mispronunciation of our players' names is most annoying?

• Terrence Samuels

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Shabozz Napier

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Shabazz Nay-pee-air

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • DeANNdre Daniels

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Leon Torksdorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lasan KroMAH

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
With the season over, here's the first of what will be many OT threads/polls. My question is this? Which mispronunciation annoys you the most when it comes to the names of the players on our team (2013-14)?

Reaction Score
Clark Kellogg attempting to pronounce Brimah, called him Amada Bromah. Why they retain him every year is beyond me. You'd think he'd do his due diligence and know what he's talking about in that role. That entire staff was embarrassing the whole tournament. Special K my #$@.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I heard "Nap-eee-ay" once. I actually laughed.

Reaction Score
Just as an FYI, at the first UCONN-UofM game at Fedex this year I was behind some apparent boosters. One of whom kept yelling Bozz, not Bazz. Completely clueless. As much as I malign the national media for inaccuracies. That was just pathetic from our own fans.

Reaction Score
I heard "Nap-eee-ay" once. I actually laughed.

Heard that too.

Shabozz is really annoying.

But the worst one has to be calling DD DeANNdre. Like Deandre isnt even an uncommon name, how can you mess that up?

Reaction Score
Shabozz is egregious and I hate it. He's an all time great college basketball player. READ A PROGRAM

Reaction Score
How about even Jim Nantz confusing Lasan and Amida multiple times? And I could swear I heard the sideline reporter flub Ollie's first name by getting ahead of herself and mixing his first and last name and calling him Kelly Ollie.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Yeah Griffey should be up there. Stu Scott was also going with the Napeer, which I found interesting.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Clark Kellogg attempting to pronounce Brimah, called him Amada Bromah. Why they retain him every year is beyond me. You'd think he'd do his due diligence and know what he's talking about in that role. That entire staff was embarrassing the whole tournament. Special K my #$@.

I've heard play by play guys do this more than once.. or just switch the two...

Reaction Score

I think he was having indigestion and was thinking of Bromah seltzer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Kevin Oliver or...

Kevin Ali

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I was at the PEP RALLY yesterday & there was a college girl behind me saying "Shabozz", I wanted to turn around & smack her one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom