Poll - How many times will Ayanna dunk this season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll - How many times will Ayanna dunk this season?

How many times will Ayanna complete a dunk this season?

• More than 20 times

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 15 to 20 times

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 10 to 15 times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 to 10 times

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Less than 5 times

Votes: 83 91.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
IMHO I hate dunking in the Women's game!
It's like they want to prove they're as good as the men!
They're brand of BB is now better than the men's game, why screw it up!
MBB is now a "watch me! " style of BB!
John Wooden always said "if he wants to watch BB he'll watch the ladies play because they still play BB, he doesn't know what the men are playing!"
The way the women play is a beautiful brand of BB!

sun

Reaction Score
If Ayanna doesn't do it then some other WBB players will.
It's only a matter of time.
Necessity is the mother of invention and some players may think that it can help them beat Scar or another team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Ayanna doesn't do it then some other WBB players will.
It's only a matter of time.
Necessity is the mother of invention and some players may think that it can help them beat Scar or another team.
A woman dunking a basketball is neither a necessity nor an invention. Championships have been and will be won without dunking. Players have already dunked for teams that did not win championships.

450 rebounds and 100 blocked shots per year from a big are much more important than 20 dunks per year. Ayanna’s potential to accomplish those stats are infinitely more important than her potential to dunk.

Is Fran Bellibi more important to her team than Aliyah Boston is to hers?

Reminder: Patterson has NEVER dunked in a game. We have a freshman who has dunked in a number of games and won the McDonalds AA dunk competition - where Patterson failed to make one. SO WHAT? that doesn’t make her a better prospect than Patterson - who has , overall, better offensive skills.

Reaction Score
In a perfect Hollywood ending, she dunks in the championship game off of a lob from Nika to seal the win. Oh BTW, coach PB called the lob from the bench, who had been secretly running the play after practice the whole year. Geno had called for Nika to pass to Azzi knowing that they had to foul and he wanted his best free throw shooter with the ball but Nika did not understand what he was saying so PB told her what to run.

Reaction Score
One reason why I think that Ayanna will resort to dunking is because she tended to missed easy bunnies in HS.
If given a choice between missing bunnies and dunking, I think that she'd rather make some dunks.
In the FIBA 3X3 Women's Championships Yanna would dunk in the warmups
and would rebound, rebound, rebound, ( some of her won missed / contested
"bunnies") and then put it in the hoop or pass out to a teammate. It was very
impressive to watch the opposition try to get a rebound when Yanna had
position..... It made for " powerful" viewing!! So... I think that Yanna will
have 3 times as many blocked shots to every ( possible) dunk. She was
exceptional in her blocks in the USA vs Germany 3X 3 game , if my
memory serves me correctly.... see it on FIBA U 18 Women's 3x3 Basketball
championships, 2021.

Reaction Score
Sun, Nike can't sign anyone to NIL deals while they play at the collegiate level as they have national contracts with the schools, sneakers, merchandise etc.

Reaction Score
A woman dunking a basketball is neither a necessity nor an invention. Championships have been and will be won without dunking. Players have already dunked for teams that did not win championships.

450 rebounds and 100 blocked shots per year from a big are much more important than 20 dunks per year. Ayanna’s potential to accomplish those stats are infinitely more important than her potential to dunk.

Is Fran Bellibi more important to her team than Aliyah Boston is to hers?

Reminder: Patterson has NEVER dunked in a game. We have a freshman who has dunked in a number of games and won the McDonalds AA dunk competition - where Patterson failed to make one. SO WHAT? that doesn’t make her a better prospect than Patterson - who has , overall, better offensive skills.
Also, our last big, Liv, was a dunker and we never won a chip with her so I totally agree I'd rather see her dominate on the boards and be a rebounding machine who also scores in the lane or off the dribble. Rebounding wins chips Dunks wins fan adoration and as a fan, I'll take a championship

Reaction Score
In the FIBA 3X3 Women's Championships Yanna would dunk in the warmups
and would rebound, rebound, rebound, ( some of her won missed / contested
"bunnies") and then put it in the hoop or pass out to a teammate. It was very
impressive to watch the opposition try to get a rebound when Yanna had
position..... It made for " powerful" viewing!! So... I think that Yanna will
have 3 times as many blocked shots to every ( possible) dunk.
She was
exceptional in her blocks in the USA vs Germany 3X 3 game , if my
memory serves me correctly.... see it on FIBA U 18 Women's 3x3 Basketball
championships, 2021.
I would guess that she will have about 100 blocked shots to every dunk.

sun

Reaction Score
Sun, Nike can't sign anyone to NIL deals while they play at the collegiate level as they have national contracts with the schools, sneakers, merchandise etc.
I completely disagree with your assertion.
According to an article from July 13, 2022, Nike has entered a partnership deal with Fanatics which is making NIL deals with NCAA athletes using their school logos and Nike's network of schools. These NIL opportunities are expanding more rapidly than you may be aware of. They're signing more athletes all of the time.
They're going to be selling fan merchandise with the names & images of sponsored athletes from Nike schools, and UConn is a Nike school.

"Sports commerce platform Fanatics is entering into a long-term partnership with Nike to manufacture college sports fan apparel.

The partnership will involve collaboration with the Fanatics College division, which already partners with most of the Nike-sponsored colleges and universities. Manufacturing is set to begin in summer 2024, according to sources familiar with the matter....

...Topps will launch a line of trading cards that features college athletes this upcoming fall season, in a deal that parent company Fanatics said will cut some players in on the profits and pair them up with school logos on cards for the first time. The program will include more than 150 schools featuring both current and former athletes. The company also has deals with more than 200 individual student-athletes at those schools to use their names and likenesses. And the plan is to keep adding schools and athletes, Fanatics said...."

Reaction Score
Nike is in the NIL game, although slowly. They signed a UCLA women's soccer player almost a year ago. They also signed two high school sisters this past summer

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if she dunks even twice. UCONN has had players who could dunk, Olivia being the most recent, and none of them have ever done it.

Now having said that, I have zero issue with her dunking, if she wants to and is able to do so. But as Geno probably says - "you better make damn well sure you score, because there will be hell to pay if you try to dunk and miss". That may be the thing that has discouraged players from dunking in the past.

1665174847051.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom