Poll: Hanna Hidalgo OR Juju Watkins | The Boneyard

Poll: Hanna Hidalgo OR Juju Watkins

Which Freshman Guard would you chose to be on your team?

• Hidalgo

• Watkins

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Yes, I realize the others are still in the race for FOTY, and you might actually choose a different player, but this poll will limit you to these two - about whom there is so much discussion

I’m a Hidalgo efficiency fan

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s a close call, but I’m voting for Hidalgo because what she does on defense is incredible. At 5’6” she’s currently leading the NCAA in defensive win shares because she gets SO many steals and pretty many defensive rebounds on top of that.

If Watkins’ offense was miles ahead of Hidalgo’s I would give it to Watkins, but it’s not. Hidalgo is prolific, efficient, and her assists per game are trending upwards.

Juju and her 51 point game are still amazing though. I really think they should share the award.

Reaction Score
What do you mean by "your team"? Are you asking which player I would want on the South Carolina squad as a South Carolina fan? No matter what, I would still choose Hidalgo at this point in their careers despite Juju's eyebrow raising performance the other night. Hidalgo and Fulwiley would make the best defensive guard duo in the nation over the next 3-4 years and she would be a better fit for Dawn's system.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Summon Game Show GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
I would keep voting open through the end of the regular season, or is there a reason to close on Feb. 24? JuJu has time to improve her efficiency numbers and make it real interesting. Hidalgo as of today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For Duke, I voted for Watkins. Our defense is already among the leaders in the country, but we need a consistent go to scorer.

For NC A&T, UNC-G, High Point, Western Carolina, and Presbyterian.. I would choose Hildago.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I like Watkins because of her size. She makes some nice passes too but her teammates miss. I also like that with Watkins she is low key. Doesn’t show a ton of emotion. Just quietly goes about her business.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was looking at Watkins stats. She averages 2.7 steals and 1.6 blocks a game, so she isn't a liability on defense

Reaction Score
I chose JuJu since she is on pace with Caitlin Clark inevitable scoring record.
;)
:cool:
:D
JuJu 27+ points per game. Caitlin 26+ points per game freshman season.

Reaction Score
Mikayla Willaims should also have a mention, she's not the way to go player as her team is full of "stars"

Reaction Score
First half of the season that has transpired, I would've chosen JuJu. First half combined with the second half (again of what has transpired so far), its easily Hidalgo for me. Thankfully the season isn't over yet so we can all continue to watch and and enjoy the play of these two future superstars. My mind will be made up once the season is over.

That being said, I'll just assume this poll is based on everything up to this current point in time so I'll go with Hidalgo.

Reaction Score
I'm very impressed by Hannah. But I think Juju is a better asset for most teams... by a small margin. Right now, stats aside, Hannah plays for a better team and this opens things up for her. USC looks better to the AP voters, but this is largely because Juju is carrying them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm very impressed by Hannah. But I think Juju is a better asset for most teams... by a small margin. Right now, stats aside, Hannah plays for a better team and this opens things up for her. USC looks better to the AP voters, but this is largely because Juju is carrying them.

Why do you say that ND is a better team than USC? Just because of Jan 27th? Southern Cal has a better resume at the moment.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
ND does have more balanced scoring than USC. Hidalgo accounts for 30% of their scoring; they have two others players in double figures.

Meanwhile, Watkins accounts for 37% of USC's scoring, and they only have one other player in double digits.

Reaction Score
Why do you say that ND is a better team than USC? Just because of Jan 27th? Southern Cal has a better resume at the moment.
Seriously, @triaddukefan? Is this a real question? It's not like I poked fun at Duke. See @bbsamjj's post directly above for the basic facts you should already have known.

Reaction Score
Mikayla Willaims should also have a mention, she's not the way to go player as her team is full of "stars"
She does get mentioned among elite freshman. She's not having the AA caliber season Hidalgo and Watkins are having however.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom