Poll: Does Missouri Stay in the B12 or head to the SEC? | The Boneyard

Poll: Does Missouri Stay in the B12 or head to the SEC?

Missouri will be in which conference: the SEC or the B12

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I say they head to the SEC.

There are three stable BCS Conferences: the SEC, the PAC and the B!G. Anyone getting a whiff from one of these three would be foolish not to head there. They may prefer the B!G but the SEC is better than a destabilized B12.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I thought they were going to be invited to the Big East?

Reaction Score
Ask waylon, he said Texas A&M wasn't going to the SEC

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Stay in Big 12. They always wanted Big Ten.

Reaction Score
Yeah, this. The academia at Mizzou have no interest in associating with Kentucky and Auburn.

But they do want the Big12? Pretty interesting theory. I'm sure they really care.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
They don't want the Big 12 either. They are holding out hope for a Big 10 offer and are not willing to jump to another conference for the sake of jumping.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The B!G doesn't look like it's getting involved in this round so I left them out. I'll create a new poll which includes that option.

Reaction Score
Come on people think! Why in the world would the SEC want Missouri before Texas, Okla. St , A&M, Clemson, Fla. St or Va. Tech? Or TCU for that matter. If the SEC claims to be the best football conference there are many schools in their area with much better football programs than Mizzou.

Reaction Score
Come on people think! Why in the world would the SEC want Missouri before Texas, Okla. St , A&M, Clemson, Fla. St or Va. Tech? Or TCU for that matter. If the SEC claims to be the best football conference there are many schools in their area with much better football programs than Mizzou.

TCU? You're serious? Missouri's market is pretty big. Clemson's not so big. A&M? Who are you referring to? TA&M? They are in the SEC. Oklahoma St. is tiny compared to Missouri. They may want VT, Texas, Clemson over Missouri, but those schools are apparently not coming.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Nate Silver ranked them and Missouri is in the Top 25 based on several ways of measuring marketsize and hardcode fanbase.

The Texas teams--Both Tech and Texas and the 2 Oklahoma teams are in the top 25.

There's a reason WVU and Missouri and BYU come up on top of the lists --the teams are the best available from the B12, BE, and the Indie's that don't have other entanglements (OU, OSU pairing, ND's thing. Texas and the LHN and Texas Tech and the Texas legislature).

Clemson and Virginia Tech top the list for the SEC if we are talking new territory (excluding Miami or FSU andGeorgia Tech), from the ACC.

I don't think the SEC is in a hurry to consider teams not already mentioned which leaves them stuck with Missouri or WVU but not both unless V Tech could be pried loose. They really don't have a 16 team option without some brave thinking--yes NYC (Rutgers and UConn) or the 2 Okies or accept dilution or both.

Reaction Score
I say they head to the SEC.

There are three stable BCS Conferences: the SEC, the PAC and the B!G. Anyone getting a whiff from one of these three would be foolish not to head there. They may prefer the B!G but the SEC is better than a destabilized B12.

I think the ACC is a 4th stable conference, without a doubt.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Too often we ignore geography. It think it is critical to stability, and I think the conference leaders recognize this. Look at a map. The Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, Pac 12 and ACC are all contiguous combinations of states (BC was an outlier, and now will not be). Every school in the conference is in a state that connects to a state with another conference school. Among BCS conferences, only the Big East breaks this rule consistently. Hence the massive instability. Conferences need to be made up of like institutions.

Look even at the recent additions. Colorado would have violated this rule alone, but with Utah, the Pac 12 has a contiguous grouping. Syracuse would have violated this rule alone, but with Pitt, it does not. We saw that the OK and TX schools to the Pac failed.

Extrapolating from that, Rutgers could fit in the ACC or B1G. Missouri can fit in the SEC, B1G or Big VII.
WVU in SEC, B1G or ACC. I think it becomes highly unlikely that ND goes anywhere but the B1G. UConn only touches ACC territory. Combined with RU are separated from B1G territory by Westchester county, so that may be close enough.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc