Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
So what does Chicago do....? I thought it would be interesting to see how many votes go EDD's or Diggins's way. Certainly a lot for the Sky to chew on. (I'm assuming that Phoenix will take Griner, which I know is not a universally held opinion....:rolleyes: )

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Draft EDD and keep her. Obviously. :p

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I agree but I thought I would at least withhold my vote for awhile ;)...lol

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I can see Chicago possibly going with Diggins just for the "star" power she would generate in Chicago and being close to ND.

Just my thoughts...EDD would be a great get but I think they go with Diggins.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
EDD will be playing with a great center in Chicago or Tulsa, assuming that Cambage returns.

I like EDD a lot more than Diggins so I hope that EDD ends up in Chicago with Big Syl. What a lineup that would be. I think Sloot has a very bright future and is an adequate PG at this point. EDD would be a bigger upgrade at guard/forward than Diggins would be at PG.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'll throw out an outrageous trade. Chicago makes a trade with Phoenix for the #1 pick. Chicago trades Fowles and the #2 pick to Phoenix for the #1 pick and a player(s).

Phoenix gets who they want in EDD and also gets a starting center in Fowles. Chicago gets Griner as the new face for the team and the player(s) Phoenix includes in the trade.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'll throw out an outrageous trade. Chicago makes a trade with Phoenix for the #1 pick. Chicago trades Fowles and the #2 pick to Phoenix for the #1 pick and a player(s).

Phoenix gets who they want in EDD and also gets a starting center in Fowles. Chicago gets Griner as the new face for the team and the player(s) Phoenix includes in the trade.
That would be interesting, but basically trading Fowles AND EDD for Griner? Chicago would be nuts to go for that. now if it were the Liberty we were talking about, that would be a different story, but i can't imagine anyone in Chicago would be that dumb.

MAYBE if Phx threw in Dupree and Houston or something like that it might make sense, but then again who knows. Stranger things have happened. I suppose I could see a more realistic trade between Tulsa and Chicago - if the Sky wanted to take Diggins, but know EDD is more valuable, they could swap #2 for #3 and ask Tulsa for Cambage (maybe Chicago could send one of their players to Tulsa as well). That would be an interesting roll of the dice since there's no guarantee Cambage will ever come back to the WNBA, but she certainly is a talent...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Eric

I did say Phoenix had to include player(s) in the trade and if I'm Phoenix I make the trade if Chicago is willing to settle for Charde.

That would be interesting, but basically trading Fowles AND EDD for Griner? Chicago would be nuts to go for that. now if it were the Liberty we were talking about, that would be a different story, but i can't imagine anyone in Chicago would be that dumb.

MAYBE if Phx threw in Dupree and Houston or something like that it might make sense, but then again who knows. Stranger things have happened. I suppose I could see a more realistic trade between Tulsa and Chicago - if the Sky wanted to take Diggins, but know EDD is more valuable, they could swap #2 for #3 and ask Tulsa for Cambage (maybe Chicago could send one of their players to Tulsa as well). That would be an interesting roll of the dice since there's no guarantee Cambage will ever come back to the WNBA, but she certainly is a talent...

Reaction Score
How about Chicago trades Sloot to Seattle, sending her home, for Camille Little, and then drafts Diggins?

If we're gonna throw crazy trades out there...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Obviously, trades are possibilities, maybe even very soon. But Chicago should draft Elena and keep her. Sylvia, Piph, Sloot, Swin, and Elena make for a very talented unit.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Eric

I did say Phoenix had to include player(s) in the trade and if I'm Phoenix I make the trade if Chicago is willing to settle for Charde.
oh sorry about that. Dame bramage you know...!!!

Reaction Score
More analysis of both players is needed.
EDD has played against few good players, so harder to evaluate how she'd do in the W. Also will be interesting to see how Diggins will do with a weaker supporting cast.

Reaction Score

PHX would be idiots to trade Griner, unless they got a boatload in return.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
More analysis of both players is needed.
EDD has played against few good players, so harder to evaluate how she'd do in the W. Also will be interesting to see how Diggins will do with a weaker supporting cast.
HOWEVER (just to be contrary...) I recall when she played on one of the US national teams (U18 maybe? or U19?) coached by Bill Fennelly. Ogwumike was on the team as well as and Fennelly's comments were that EDD was the best player on the team. That raised some eyebrows, mine included.

My point is that I think she's had a decent opportunity to show what she can do against quality opposition...

Reaction Score
Not such outrageous trade suggestion - it would be like the Minnesota and the Sun exchanging Lindsey Whalen and the number 1 pick for Renee Montgomery and the number 2 pick. Minny got Monica Wright and the Sun got MVP (I hope) Tina Charles. Both teams got great/very good point guards and home town draws.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Not such outrageous trade suggestion - it would be like the Minnesota and the Sun exchanging Lindsey Whalen and the number 1 pick for Renee Montgomery and the number 2 pick. Minny got Monica Wright and the Sun got MVP (I hope) Tina Charles. Both teams got great/very good point guards and home town draws.

Tina just was named MVP. :)

Reaction Score
HOWEVER (just to be contrary...) I recall when she played on one of the US national teams (U18 maybe? or U19?) coached by Bill Fennelly. Ogwumike was on the team as well as and Fennelly's comments were that EDD was the best player on the team. That raised some eyebrows, mine included.

My point is that I think she's had a decent opportunity to show what she can do against quality opposition...

It was the World University Games team. EDD led the team in scoring and rebounding (Nneka wasn't even close). She finished 2nd in steals as well. All 3 of the ND players came back talking about EDD. She's a star and any residue from her unfortunate commit/de-commit from UConn should not be factored in to her value. She's left home more often and longer than Griner ever has.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Peck seems convinced that BG is not the player that Phoenix wants. She's singing that tune again.

Coler, keep your fingers crossed.

I can't imagine that Chicago would trade one of the best centers in the world for a rookie, while giving up EDD as well. As much as I love BG even I would have to take that trade. BG is good but not as good as EDD and Syl combined.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Peck seems convinced that BG is not the player that Phoenix wants. She's singing that tune again.

I can't imagine that Chicago would trade one of the best centers in the world for a rookie, while giving up EDD as well. As much as I love BG even I would have to take that trade. BG is good but not as good as EDD and Syl combined.
It's partly because Peck is one of the biggest dopes out there. You would think ESPN would get feedback from women's sports fans across the country voicing their dislike for Peck - it can't just be UCONN fans who think she's a dodo.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Well now that I have had time to really let the results sink in, as much as I'd love EDD here in Phoenix...which is alot.

I'd like her to end up in Chicago even more, her and Fowles would be so perfect together. And as Chicago is my partner's favorite team...I'd have a reason to root with him for once. :p

But honestly, I'd be happy with both results. But I don't think Phoenix will pass on Griner though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom