"Point Guard U" | The Boneyard

"Point Guard U"

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn's been Point Guard U for awhile now. ESPN used to have an afternoon show called Scholastic Sports Academy, highlighting top HS players in every sport. I remember a segment on a top senior BB player who recently signed to attend "Point Guard U, UConn" Ricky Moore.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn's been Point Guard U for awhile now. ESPN used to have an afternoon show called Scholastic Sports Academy, highlighting top HS players in every sport. I remember a segment on a top senior BB player who recently signed to attend "Point Guard U, UConn" Ricky Moore.

Close. At least I think I know what you are referencing. Scholastic Sports America hosted by Chris Fowler was on for a while. He'd be visiting some god awful locations to work his hustle and get enough tape for episodes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nice to be visible in something like this. Not sure why Dyson is listed, he was no PG. Seems like they missed Earl Kelley, and gave too little notice to Williams, Smith and Price.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nice to be visible in something like this. Not sure why Dyson is listed, he was no PG. Seems like they missed Earl Kelley, and gave too little notice to Williams, Smith and Price.
The biggest miss was Tate George. First round draft pick.

Reaction Score
Close. At least I think I know what you are referencing. Scholastic Sports America hosted by Chris Fowler was on for a while. He'd be visiting some god awful locations to work his hustle and get enough tape for episodes.
Yup. i remember seeing an episode on Jason Kidd! Wow i feel old. I was Uconn/cbb/recruiting obsessed at the time and id watch ever episode hoping to see some recruiting story.

Reaction Score
Wes Bialasuknia was not a point guard. He was a shooting guard and a great one.
Point guard? Wes never saw a potential shot he thought he would miss or that he should not take. Played a charity exhibition game with him against the Harlem Wizards (poor man’s version of the Globetrotters) his instructions were clear and simple - get me the ball and get the heck out of the way which I did, had a great time, nice guy, very competitive.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
The Duke write-up was pretty weak - especially with it being juxtaposed with the UConn write-up (excellent) right there at #5

Reaction Score
Point guard? Wes never saw a potential shot he thought he would miss or that he should not take. Played a charity exhibition game with him against the Harlem Wizards (poor man’s version of the Globetrotters) his instructions were clear and simple - get me the ball and get the heck out of the way which I did, had a great time, nice guy, very competitive.
Imagine what his points per game average at UConn would have been with a 3 point line..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn is certainly PGU - I can't think of any program which has had so many outstanding PGs on a consistent basis in the past 35 years. Yeah the Dukes and UNCs have had good ones but UConn had one after another that were so steady and often brilliant. Maybe I'm too biased on this subject...............

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Jerome Dyson was an SG, Andre Dyson, however, was a pg.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
... or Arizona as #4
Worse, they have Zona listed at 3. I like how they noted Gilbert Arenas and Jason Gardner. Khalid El-Amin beat them both in the same game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom