Poach | The Boneyard

Poach

Reaction Score
If you could take one player - 3rd year student athlete or younger - from another team for next year, who would you take.

Reaction Score
Since you guys are talking about it, I’ve watched JuJu a lot and I hardly watch the pac 12 no reason just the way it was. She honestly reminds me a lot of a young Taurasi more so than anyone I’ve seen. The way she moves and her confidence with the ball. She is still learning how to win and doing well now. She is a generational talent like Maya, D and Stewie. Once her game matures with more passing and if she gets a little help, look out. I predict a title before she leaves.

Reaction Score
If seniors were allowed brink would be an obvious choice. With that restriction I would say Betts, but an off the radar future star for next year is Watkins at South Carolina. Like Betts behind Brink, and Cardosa behind Boston last year, it is pretty obvious she will be great and get her day in the sun when Cardosa departs.

Reaction Score
If seniors were allowed brink would be an obvious choice. With that restriction I would say Betts, but an off the radar future star for next year is Watkins at South Carolina. Like Betts behind Brink, and Cardosa behind Boston last year, it is pretty obvious she will be great and get her day in the sun when Cardosa departs.
Assuming Kamilla does not come back, I would choose senior Brink or Ayoka Lee. If held to the underclassmen rule of this thread, I would choose Betts. I like having the aircraft carrier.

Does Watson suffice? yeah, but I love her and her athleticism as a 6-3 Power Forward is off the charts. But, she is thin (but muscular) and lacks the "ballast" I would prefer at the five. She can rebound and block shots all over the paint with her leaping ability but true posts (centers) can butt-block her out from the low post.

Is there another PoaPoa 50% shooter from 3 out there?

Reaction Score
None of them. Next year with the blessing of good health Geno will have a great 7 to play and they will have the ability to go with a couple options as a second post player. Most tall players aren't going to go to a team that focuses on how guards play basketball. They are taller, slower and usually a little less coordinated than their shorter teammates.

Reaction Score
Since you guys are talking about it, I’ve watched JuJu a lot and I hardly watch the pac 12 no reason just the way it was. She honestly reminds me a lot of a young Taurasi more so than anyone I’ve seen. The way she moves and her confidence with the ball. She is still learning how to win and doing well now. She is a generational talent like Maya, D and Stewie. Once her game matures with more passing and if she gets a little help, look out. I predict a title before she leaves.
Like you, I’ve been watching JuJu regularly as she reminds me of Taurasi. IMHO, I think JuJu is the BEST all around freshman player in the country.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
alive.jpeg

Reaction Score
If graduate students were to forego the WNBA draft for another year of NIL, who would you poach?

I would think Caitlyn Clark would have a big impact at UCONN: Azzi, Paige & Caitlyn would be pretty good from about 6 - 12 feet outside the 3 pt arc.... Strong, Jana, AP, & Ice would have plenty of room to work inside the arc, plus drives by KK & Shade... [while we have "dreaming time" before the Big East tourney starts for the Huskies on Saturday...]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom