Please don't overlook Dorka! | The Boneyard

Please don't overlook Dorka!

Reaction Score
Yes, AE was doing a number on the small Vermont center/forward and Caroline was hot. Nika had her assists and defense. Everyone was concerned about Azzi as she play good team ball, but her shot was off. However, Dorka was kind of overlooked. Dorka had a top notch line of stats. Dorka had: the most rebounds, the only double-double, the most blocks, & NO turnovers, Dorka was 2nd to Nika in assists and 2nd to Nika in minutes played. Six keys areas where she was the top BIG. Dorka was also 2nd in steals and 2nd in scoring.
Lots of discussion on this thread and Dorka was an after thought on too many posts-- IMHO.

As a throw in---I think Vermont played an honorable game. They hustled, were aggressive, played smart, moved without the ball, had some nice plays that surprised UConn, and shot the three ball well. I also thought they were a well coached team. I like coaches who have played the game. Vermont was a winning basketball team in their league because they were the best in fundamentals, IQ, defense and shooting. They lost because UCONN has the same fundamentals, IQ, etc. but are 6 inches taller and 25 pounds stronger than Vermont (and most teams.) I believe that coaching has improved immensely in the women's game and players at all levels are working very hard. As some smart coach stated years ago-- a good big player will usually win against a good small player. Lots of good skills BUT SIZE MATTERS! Finally, UConn, South Carolina, and maybe Stanford are the only teams who have 7 or 8 players with STARTER TALENT. Vermont and the other 300 teams out there usually only have one --maybe two very good players. That's at least 3 weak links to attack.

Reaction Score
Yes, AE was doing a number on the small Vermont center/forward and Caroline was hot. Nika had her assists and defense. Everyone was concerned about Azzi as she play good team ball, but her shot was off. However, Dorka was kind of overlooked. Dorka had a top notch line of stats. Dorka had: the most rebounds, the only double-double, the most blocks, & NO turnovers, Dorka was 2nd to Nika in assists and 2nd to Nika in minutes played. Six keys areas where she was the top BIG. Dorka was also 2nd in steals and 2nd in scoring.
Lots of discussion on this thread and Dorka was an after thought on too many posts-- IMHO.

As a throw in---I think Vermont played an honorable game. They hustled, were aggressive, played smart, moved without the ball, had some nice plays that surprised UConn, and shot the three ball well. I also thought they were a well coached team. I like coaches who have played the game. Vermont was a winning basketball team in their league because they were the best in fundamentals, IQ, defense and shooting. They lost because UCONN has the same fundamentals, IQ, etc. but are 6 inches taller and 25 pounds stronger than Vermont (and most teams.) I believe that coaching has improved immensely in the women's game and players at all levels are working very hard. As some smart coach stated years ago-- a good big player will usually win against a good small player. Lots of good skills BUT SIZE MATTERS! Finally, UConn, South Carolina, and maybe Stanford are the only teams who have 7 or 8 players with STARTER TALENT. Vermont and the other 300 teams out there usually only have one --maybe two very good players. That's at least 3 weak links to attack.
I would be stunned if any Husky fan was overlooking Dorka. I'd be stunned if any opposing coach in preparing to play the Huskies would be overlooking Dorka.

Reaction Score
I would be stunned if any Husky fan was overlooking Dorka. I'd be stunned if any opposing coach in preparing to play the Huskies would be overlooking Dorka.
If fans have time to think about it, perhaps, but I believe BYers tend to focus first on Nika, Aaliyah and Azzi, not necessarily in that order. We all like and appreciate everyone else, too, but Dorka should be front and center for all she gives to the team every game. (For the moment, I'm not including Paige in the conversation).

As for coaches, I have no doubt how to deal with Dorka is among their foremost concerns. If not, they're not long for their occupation.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Dorka is my second favorite player on this year's ACTIVE roster. She's a person that almost always has a smile and a HUG for her teammates. She is well spoken and a Husky through and through. I just hope that they win that 12th NC after all the heck that she has had to put up with since she broke her wrist last year, she still has that smile.:D

Reaction Score
Dorka is my second favorite player on this year's ACTIVE roster. She's a person that almost always has a smile and a HUG for her teammates. She is well spoken and a Husky through and through. I just hope that they win that 12th NC after all the heck that she has had to put up with since she broke her wrist last year, she still has that smile.:D
Ditto! Great teammate and player. I suspect you and I share the most favorite Husky.

JBK

Reaction Score
If fans have time to think about it, perhaps, but I believe BYers tend to focus first on Nika, Aaliyah and Azzi, not necessarily in that order. We all like and appreciate everyone else, too, but Dorka should be front and center for all she gives to the team every game. (For the moment, I'm not including Paige in the conversation).

As for coaches, I have no doubt how to deal with Dorka is among their foremost concerns. If not, they're not long for their occupation.
Your are right. If we get to the final foul it will be because Dorka was able to rebound and guard other teams big. Starting with Baylor tomorrow night - their big gets to a lot of loose balls and rebounds

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I think it’s pretty unanimous that we all love Dorka.

Does anyone know her plans after graduation? I haven’t heard any speculation as to if she’s likely to be drafted into the WNBA.

Reaction Score
I think it’s pretty unanimous that we all love Dorka.

Does anyone know her plans after graduation? I haven’t heard any speculation as to if she’s likely to be drafted into the WNBA.
She's projected to be drafted somewhere in the bottom half of the upcoming WNBA draft.

Reaction Score
I am still trying to find out if I have any relatives in common with Dorka since my mother and grandparents are from Pécs, Hungary. Juhsaz, Jurcso, and Toth are known Hungarian names.

Reaction Score
Dorka had a good game and a solid season for sure. Yesterday though AE was dominant and her play more than anyone else will dictate how far the Huskies go in the tournament. UCONN has a great option for every player except AE and when they play the likes of VaTech and SC that will be the difference between winning and losing.

So when you see certain players getting recognized it shouldn't be seen as slighting any other player. Dorka has a chance in the next game to dominate the person guarding her on offense and I fully expect her to do that. She will score her points, get her rebounds and most likely be on the podium after the game just like she was in game one.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
To me, it's the combination of Aaliyah & Dorka that causes so many problems, both in running a high-low offense and in pounding the glass. Neither would be as effective without the other. I also believe that if Dorka doesn't break her wrist last year, we would have been competitive in the final.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Your are right. If we get to the final foul it will be because Dorka was able to rebound and guard other teams big. Starting with Baylor tomorrow night - their big gets to a lot of loose balls and rebounds
What big, their tallest player is a 6'3" Freshman that played 5 minutes with a total of 1 rebound. Baylor is no bigger than Vermont. UConn had more defensive rebounds than Baylor had in total.

JBK

Reaction Score
She is 6'1" and will not challenge either AE or Dorka. If she is the one guarding AE she will have 3 fouls on her before the end of the first quarter.
Big is not always defined by height. She is very wide and plays tough. I do not think she will be an issue, but is the type of player we struggled with in the past.
Hope you are right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom