Players talk about the fans at Maryland. | The Boneyard

Players talk about the fans at Maryland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was there too. Great to see all the support for the team! Kudos to all those who were able to travel far and wide to see a great game with a fantastic ending. I especially like the t-shirts with Edsall's name on them that said "It's called Karma."

Reaction Score
You could really hear them in the television broadcast. Sounded like an absolutely great turnout.

Reaction Score
Way to represent husky nation. I believe I saw Smallwood recognizing the crowd. Great to hear the cheers through the tv. Stomped on the Maryland fans. Way to go

Reaction Score
Good job representin' UConn faithful. The TV broadcast had plenty of crowd shots of you guys and the "Let's go Huskies" chant could be heard a bunch of times. Well done!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I was there too. Great to see all the support for the team! Kudos to all those who were able to travel far and wide to see a great game with a fantastic ending. I especially like the t-shirts with Edsall's name on them that said "It's called Karma."
Yes! I saw them in our section... loved it.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Sny messed up broadcast showed 4th qtr then back to 3rd good thing was crowd chant was very loud in 3rd from were they were filming, game nice job by the family.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Great job! Definitely heard on the broadcast loud and clear. According to my facebook news feed, I know a lot of UConn alum who aren't regular attendees at the Rent were there. Hope this inspired them to show up at home more often.

Reaction Score
The tailgate lots were packed with UCONN fans and the HUSKY crowd was exceptional. I almost felt bad for the MD players. I can only recall a few times in the 4th quarter where I actually noticed the MD fans. Would also like to say, the MD fans in general were very classy and welcoming. I was able to post tailgate and speak with many MD fans and had a really nice time. Their hospitality reminded me of Michigan a little bit.

Reaction Score
Can't remember the last time I saw a home team using a silent count in the shotgun ... the UCONN fans made an impact!

Reaction Score
Maryland fans were very accomodating. I sat on the 40 yard line behind our bench in a sea of red. Season ticket holder territory. When we asked why were we able to get such good seats they said that a ton of season tix holders got rid of their seats after last year.

They were so frustrated with the time management, the continual look overs to the bench and wait for it, wait for it, wait for it.....THE INSIDE HANDOFF. We were laughing our asses off.

Reaction Score
It was an amazing day! My voice is still recovering! Haven't watched the DVR yet but from what everyone is saying it sounded pretty damn good! I know the Maryland fans next to the Phalen Express group up in 305 felt compelled to try to compete but just couldn't hang!

Thanks go out to Mr. Bennett for talking after the game, good luck to Jimmy we're all glad to see him doing so well out there!

Reaction Score
I talked to one of the players after the game and he said coming out before the game in the tunnel they could hear the "Lets go Huskies!" chant and when the door opened they couldn't believe how loud it was. The looked at each other and said "Wow" It really was an amazing showing by the 12th man yesterday.

Reaction Score
And Ryan Phalen and crew deserve a lot of credit for that. Next step in our evolution is to travel well. IMO, we don't get half that number yesterday if Edsall were still here. Now we need to make it more about supporting the team and less about Edsall revenge.

That being said, despite offensive frustrations, that was a hell of a lot of fun yesterday. And very cool to wander the campus on game day. The Rent is all well and good, but being on campus was pretty cool. Did a lot of exploring with my daughter and she paid attention for almost three quarters of the game as a result :)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
When travel is cheap and convenient, and the story line compelling... folks will travel. This had all of the above! (Plus, perfect weather to boot).

Reaction Score
As of right now the only away games I can figure out for next year are Buffalo, temple and Cinci. Our group has been trying to go to at least 1 road game a year. It will be interesting to see what the other road games will be. Great showing at Maryland, hope we continue to travel that well.

Reaction Score
The Edsall factor undoubtedly helped, but scheduling is important as well. To be able to have one good nonconference game a year within a reasonable drive that everyone can say, "hey this is the game we need to represent at," should be something Warde takes into consideration.

Reaction Score
The Edsall factor undoubtedly helped, but scheduling is important as well. To be able to have one good nonconference game a year within a reasonable drive that everyone can say, "hey this is the game we need to represent at," should be something Warde takes into consideration.
Hey, I know of a place that's a reasonable drive that UConn fans would be psyched to go to. Tickets are even easier to get a hold of than MD!

Reaction Score
Hey, I know of a place that's a reasonable drive that UConn fans would be psyched to go to. Tickets are even easier to get a hold of than MD!
We would pack BC all the time.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
As of right now the only away games I can figure out for next year are Buffalo, temple and Cinci. Our group has been trying to go to at least 1 road game a year. It will be interesting to see what the other road games will be. Great showing at Maryland, hope we continue to travel that well.
Temple is a good road trip. I was down there last time around when we had hurricane leftovers drenching us - amazingly, after a sunny 1-2 hr tailgate. I don't know how they configure seating now, but when we were there Temple fans were on one side of the stadium, we were on the 50 yard line on the opposite site. NFL stadium, Cheese Steaks at Geno's/Pat's, Yuengling, Tastykakes, crabfries and dungeness crab legs at Chicky & Pete's........

Reaction Score
Seconding all the comments about Md. fans being very good hosts before during and after Only negative thing was the confusing 'Cash Ticket' parking plan. What made it worse was the people taking the money had no idea how you got the Cash ticket. Ended up giving the person an extra $5 to get into the 'Cash ticket' lot Only a college administrator could screw this up. Permit parking only or cash parking only. Pretty simple.

Reaction Score
As much fun as tailgating is at the Rent, there's something special about tailgating in enemy territory. Everyone that went did a great job, you could hear the Huskies chants over the TV and you could tell the players on the field heard them and responded to them. Hopefully everyone that went had a great time and makes sure to try to get to an away game next year.

Reaction Score
edsall.JPG
After trying to balance wants vs. needs on UConn merch, I decided to get this "need"...in fact, I got several and will use for gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom