Players feed off of Rodney | The Boneyard

Players feed off of Rodney

Reaction Score

Quote is from Don Amore. Rodney is the leader of the team. I was at the game and one of the things that I enjoyed the most was seeing how much fun he was having on the court.

Not sure if it showed through the tv but Rodney was pumped with assists and other guys making 3s more so than his own shots. That positive mindset was contagious.

Guys look up to him. Hope he continues to lead this turn around.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Quote is from Don Amore. Rodney is the leader of the team. I was at the game and one of the things that I enjoyed the most was seeing how much fun he was having on the court.

Not sure if it showed through the tv but Rodney was pumped with assists and other guys making 3s more so than his own shots. That positive mindset was contagious.

Can't emphasize enough that the tragic sudden and unexpected death of his "adopted" brother has impacted Rodney's play. Anyone who's lost someone tragically and unexpectedly can understand this.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree, I think that the death of his "brother" has played heavy on RP
I am sure that RP will hit his full stride very soon and that bodes very well for UConn and this depleted team
The better he plays, it will lessen the burden on the kids like VJ and CV and allow them to gain confidence - I think we all saw that in VJ's game yesterday
RP is a VERY important part of this team - on and off court and while some may disagree, I think many look at him to be the leader with JA

Reaction Score

He learned from Shabazz, one of the best we've had in that department I think, perfect teammates

Reaction Score
I just finished reading "Gerald's Game" and now have a visual of players "feeding off of Rodney".:eek:

Reaction Score
It's love hate especially if he goes 3-18 with 3 turnovers but winning is not likely unless he makes shots for us. Reasons for his slump? He'd probably be honest about what it is or isn't. As he's ready to shoot a jumper or running full speed down the floor is he thinking and depressed at that moment about his adopted brother? unlikely.

Reaction Score
Can't emphasize enough that the tragic sudden and unexpected death of his "adopted" brother has impacted Rodney's play. Anyone who's lost someone tragically and unexpectedly can understand this.

Same thing with Facey last year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's love hate especially if he goes 3-18 with 3 turnovers but winning is not likely unless he makes shots for us. Reasons for his slump? He'd probably be honest about what it is or isn't. As he's ready to shoot a jumper or running full speed down the floor is he thinking and depressed at that moment about his adopted brother? unlikely.
Of course it's probably not at the front of his thought process. But any stress, of which a tragedy is one, impairs optimum functionality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom