Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 61 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Call me skeptical. Beers is one of the top 2 Bigs available in the portal. OK was 23-11, lost to IN in the 2nd round and doesn’t particularly look like a powerhouse team next season, with or without Beers.

A bunch of teams, including UConn, who have a legitimate opportunity to win a national championship, and would provide a much better springboard to the pros, would definitely be interested in Beers. I’m sure she had a nice visit to Norman. But I still see Beers at SC, UCLA, USC, ND or UConn.
South Carolina seems like a stretch considering the depth they have in place. UConn's roster also seems a tad crowded, but I get it if they're looking for a veteran presence to buffer that position.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
South Carolina seems like a stretch considering the depth they have in place. UConn's roster also seems a tad crowded, but I get it if they're looking for a veteran presence to buffer that position.
SC is loaded, to be sure. But they don’t really have a center, and in Dawn’s 3 championships, she’s had 3 outstanding centers: Wilson, Boston & Cardoso.

As for UConn, if you could guarantee that Jana will be healthy and ready to go on Day 1 next season, then I’m OK with standing pat. But Jana hasn’t played a minute of college basketball. So by my way of thinking, bringing in a veteran player at center provides some insurance while Jana learns the ropes. Now that could be Beers, Iriafen or Weimer. But I have to believe Geno is considering shoring up the center position with someone from the portal.

Reaction Score
Ok won the B12 regular season title with a young team. They return everyone. Beers could be the final piece.
Yes a bit of a stretch but WCBB is evolving to be more like the men’s in that offseason changes can have a big impact on performance.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
SC is loaded, to be sure. But they don’t really have a center, and in Dawn’s 3 championships, she’s had 3 outstanding centers: Wilson, Boston & Cardoso.

As for UConn, if you could guarantee that Jana will be healthy and ready to go on Day 1 next season, then I’m OK with standing pat. But Jana hasn’t played a minute of college basketball. So by my way of thinking, bringing in a veteran player at center provides some insurance while Jana learns the ropes. Now that could be Beers, Iriafen or Weimer. But I have to believe Geno is considering shoring up the center position with someone from the portal.

Overstuffed Chickens and Greedy Huskies, yeah thats what WCBB needs more of :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

It doesn't even have to be any of those players for me. They don't even have to be gigantic. They need to be a player who is actually a center, who played the position, licks their fingers after every meal and hurts you just by bumping into them. No more converted 4s.... please. Jana isn't a 5 based on anything I've seen. If all that's available is a rebounder and paint protector that works for me. Wished they had grabbed the player from Boston University. Forgot her name.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Outside of schools with coaching changes, I’m a little surprised we are still seeing so many transfers.

"Late" transfers as a result of incoming transfers most likely . . .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
tech.gif

Tech on Kaizen Might be upgraded to a Flagrant 2

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard/seen anything regarding schools of interest for Texas A&M's Janiah Barker or Miami's Kyla Oldacre? Two of the quieter ones it seems.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard/seen anything regarding schools of interest for Texas A&M's Janiah Barker or Miami's Kyla Oldacre? Two of the quieter ones it seems.
Before deciding on Miami, Oldacre had visits with FSU, NC State, and I'm thinking one more -maybe Tennessee or Ohio State. Haven't heard anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom