Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 47 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Bottom line, it tells me that D1 WBB players are, in general, more interested in where they play than where they get their education. Naive of me to have thought otherwise.
I’d say this is more the case the last 10-15 years. Most top players have been groomed since they were young to play at the highest level possible and have invested considerable time and money into it. If they feel they aren’t getting the experience they deserve, they bounce.

Portal plus NIL at the same time as massive conference shake up shifted the paradigm and it will never go back.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Here's the updated list with more marquee names, I'll keep posting this every few days if more come in. Am I missing anyone?

Biggest names in portal at the moment IMO:
Saylor Poffenbarger, Arkansas
Taliah Scott, Arkansas
Emma Ronsiek, Creighton
Jalynn Bristow, Iowa State
Ajae Petty, Kentucky
Kateri Poole, LSU
Faith Masonius, Maryland
Cameron Williams, Michigan
Rikki Harris, Ohio State
Grace Van Slooten, Oregon
Chance Gray, Oregon
Talia von Oelhoffen, Oregon State
Kaitlyn Chen, Princeton
Charlisse Leger-Walker, Washington State
Deja Kelly, North Carolina
Timea Gardiner, Oregon State
KK Bransford, Notre Dame
Lucy Olsen, Villanova
Hailey Van Lith, LSU
Laila Phelia, Michigan
Janiah Barker, Texas A&M
Leilani Kapinus, Penn State
Deyona Gaston, Texas
Raegan Beers, Oregon State
Donovan Hunter, Oregon State
Thanks for doing. For your consideration:
  • Maddie Scherr, Kentucky
  • Kailyn Gilbert, Arizona
  • Deedee Hageman, Michigan State
  • Alyssa Latham, Syracuse (very good frosh year)
  • Caitlyn Weimar, Boston University (grad. Big who was Patriot League Defensive Player of the year)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Sounds like Sam Purcell is going after Van Lith. Could also explain freshman guard Mjracle Shepard hitting the portal after having a good year for the Bulldogs.

He knows her from the days at the 'ville (and maybe even before if he was in on that recruiting.)

Reaction Score
Or they're running their own marketing campaign....:rolleyes:
Does the Do Not Contact tag apply to students at other schools? Or for that matter, does it apply to social media follows by the coaching staff? I would think it applies to direct calls and texts, but beyond that I'm not clear on the rules.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Does the Do Not Contact tag apply to students at other schools? Or for that matter, does it apply to social media follows by the coaching staff? I would think it applies to direct calls and texts, but beyond that I'm not clear on the rules.
The transfer portal database is supposed to be private and cannot be accessed by the public. (However, we've seen how well that works and/or if it keeps folks from commenting ;):rolleyes:)

So, if a player uses that "Do No Contact" designation on their transfer portal entry, schools are unable to communicate with that player unless the player initiates communication first. At least, that's my take on it from everything I've read.

There is a bit of misconception that if a player uses this she/he has already made up her/his mind on one school. That's not true (from a parent of an athlete I know who has used it). That athlete may have two or three schools in mind and wants to contact them first.

Reaction Score
Milkey not off to the best start, but perhaps it is just trying to hard until the account is better established.

Trilly is a very good, though, so I remain hopeful.
Aren't they the same person? Someone told me Trilly had been known for men's basketball and recently got involved in the women's side.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

So that's Hailey Van Lith/Kent/Velez. Plus Reese is gone. Mulkey's down to 8 scholarship players, a couple of whom are upperclassmen that rarely play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So that's Hailey Van Lith/Kent/Velez. Plus Reese is gone. Mulkey's down to 9 scholarship players, a couple of whom are upperclassmen that rarely play.
9?
Is Poa definitely back?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom