Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Not surprised. I expected more traction from her. Never seemed to have settled into a consistent role and she can allow her frustrations and personality to get the best of her. Who can manage this? I'm thinking....Mulkey.
Yup.

Reaction Score
There's rumblings that Kiki Iriafen may be grad transferring somewhere. If true, she's likely the biggest catch in the Portal market.
UCLA or USC bound would be good fits and an easy migration down the road.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It really gets down to legalizing boosters with no need to hide - do people really think this pool approach has anything to do with marketing or the bottom line for those contributing to the pool money.

Reaction Score
It really gets down to legalizing boosters with no need to hide - do people really think this pool approach has anything to do with marketing or the bottom line for those contributing to the pool money.
If the Calipari move to Arkansas is any indication, it's money.

Reaction Score
Someone please refresh my memory. When does the portal close? I have April 18th in mind, but think that's wrong.

Reaction Score

This is a problem!!

Curious about the report of $700,000 pay-to-play payments to WBB players. Was under the impression that the WBB amounts were much lower. Is there a validated or semi-validated example of a WBB player receiving $500k+ in NIL/pay-to-play?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Iriafen + Bransford would be good adittions to UCONN roster, hope at least the team made contact -
And they are healthy to my knowlege !!!

add that 3 KK on the same team would be funny, :)
Isn't Iriafen's availability just someone's "rumblings" here on the BY????
I have been away for an hour or so, maybe things have changed????

Reaction Score

My understanding is that the rumor started b/c someone at SF chronicle wrote a piece saying that if Iriafen transfers, it'd be bad for Stanford. No actual rumblings that she's leaving. Just mentioned the motivation a big sack of money could create.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Someone please refresh my memory. When does the portal close? I have April 18th in mind, but think that's wrong.
The portal closes May 1. You may be thinking of the beginning of NLI signing, which starts April 18
Yes. Portal closes May 1, however NLI signing period is April 17 to May 15, so there are 14 days of overlap.

Reaction Score

No. The rumbling is on Twitter

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
No. The rumbling is on Twitter
Umm, for those of us that don't have an X (or Twitter) account, we saw it posted here with no reference to X or anyplace else.

Reaction Score
I am confused by the sheer number of people in the portal, not that it is new this year. More than 95% (maybe even 99%) of these players have zero chance of a post-college basketball playing career. What is the reason for moving around to different schools unless you have a serious problem at your previous school, from the message they post to announce they are entering the portal, they seem pretty happy at their current school.

All of those "I love it here. Love ya, fans! Thanks, coach and staff. With that said I'm leaving!" announcements read like they were generated from an app. Select from following Y/N options (1) hint at reason for leaving (2) throw subtle shade at coach by not mentioning them in thanks (3) include religious reference .

Reaction Score
That's why they need her IMO. Indiana?
I get what you mean, but she doesn't fit Iowa State's style of play from what I've watched. Her outside shooting is decent, but she's more of a slasher.

The last two seasons she's been the primary ball handler. With who ISU has now and their incoming freshman class, it seems crammed.

Reaction Score
So w/ Hailey Van Lith and Velez leaving, we know (based on Mulkey's history) LSU is going to grab one of the blue-chip guards from the portal. Which one tho?

• Phelia
  • Gray
  • TVO
  • Deja Kelly
  • KK Bransford

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members