Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
haven't seen enough of her to say for sure...............certainly as a capable backup, not sure as a starter......Dillon says he's seen her play a bunch so I wonder if he thinks she could get playing time at Notre Dame......
Weimar? I think she's developed well and has pretty quick reactions, both vertically and horizontally. At the very least, I think she could give good minutes for both UConn and ND. In addition to defense and rebounding, adept distributors like Paige and Olivia Miles would find and get the ball to her sweet spots. (As an ND fan, I'm hoping Post Coach Owens has already discussed this, with Kylee Watson out with an ACL.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Weimar? I think she's developed well and has pretty quick reactions, both vertically and horizontally. At the very least, I think she could give good minutes for both UConn and ND. In addition to defense and rebounding, adept distributors like Paige and Olivia Miles would find and get the ball to her sweet spots.
Very good numbers against very weak competition. But 6-4, a shot blocker, and from the northeast, has me thinking she might be in the pole position of interest for Uconn if they miss on Sarah, but of course someone better may still enter the portal, particularly from the teams that made the tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Weimar? I think she's developed well and has pretty quick reactions, both vertically and horizontally. At the very least, I think she could give good minutes for both UConn and ND. In addition to defense and rebounding, adept distributors like Paige and Olivia Miles would find and get the ball to her sweet spots.

Simmer down.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Very good numbers against very weak competition. But 6-4, a shot blocker, and from the northeast, has me thinking she might be in the pole position of interest for Uconn if they miss on Sarah, but of course someone better may still enter the portal, particularly from the teams that made the tournament.

Look into her. She's terrific and would be a better pickup than Dorka, imo.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
better defensively perhaps..........not offensively from three......she didn't even attempt one this season.......

Juhasz shot 30% from three at UConn which is good for a player her size but below average in general. Regardless, UConn doesn't need a front court player for 3-pt shooting. They need interior play on both ends. On paper, UConn's front court is in shambles going into next season. I don't think you could ask for a better pickup than Weimar.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Juhasz shot 30% from three at UConn which is good for a player her size but below average in general. Regardless, UConn doesn't need a front court player for 3-pt shooting. They need interior play on both ends. On paper, UConn's front court is in shambles going into next season. I don't think you could ask for a better pickup than Weimar.
Well, as of today, how does UConn find a 16th scholarship?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Back to transfers, per Talia Goodman, another leading scorer has entered the portal. UNC Asheville’s McKinley Brooks-Sumpter has gone portaling. She averaged 14.6 ppg, 6.9 rpg and 2.8 apg.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
:D -- Given that she plays in Boston, I'm sure Coach Lawson has been advised of her, too. ;)

20240227_214335.jpg

Reaction Score
I'd say she's certainly the best option right now but that may change as teams get knocked out of the tournament and more players head into the portal........having a healthy Jana, Ice and Ayanna is not quite "shambolic" but an experienced big would certainly be an important addition........would Weimar be the optimum choice if Strong goes elsewhere? Time will tell........

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Raoul:
  • Ashley Chevalier (5-7 SR point guard, Chatsworth, CA) has entered the portal, as a grad xfer out of Texas Tech WBB; started her college career at Texas
  • Ale’jah Douglas (5-6 JR point guard, Omaha, NE) has entered the portal, as a grad xfer out of Oklahoma State WBB; she had transferred in from Clemson after the 2022-23 season

Per Talia Goodman:
- Kentucky’s Eniya Russell has entered the transfer portal, averaged 10.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg.

Reaction Score
Anybody know the story with the 6'6 girl out of Bellarmine? Saw somebody talking about her on another board.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Per Raoul:
  • Ashley Chevalier (5-7 SR point guard, Chatsworth, CA) has entered the portal, as a grad xfer out of Texas Tech WBB; started her college career at Texas
  • Ale’jah Douglas (5-6 JR point guard, Omaha, NE) has entered the portal, as a grad xfer out of Oklahoma State WBB; she had transferred in from Clemson after the 2022-23 season

Per Talia Goodman:
- Kentucky’s Eniya Russell has entered the transfer portal, averaged 10.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg.
That's six (6) and counting for what's left of Kentucky's roster.
Guessing Kentucky AD is going after/waiting for someone currently involved in a post-season tourney. By the time a coach is hired, that locker room could be awfully full of echoes.

Reaction Score
Guessing Kentucky AD is going after/waiting for someone currently involved in a post-season tourney. By the time a coach is hired, that locker room could be awfully full of echoes.
Mulkey and the portal changed the dynamic. She showed that with the portal you could overhaul a roster in 1 year and win.
Not sure an all-time great is the best person to use as a measuring stick, but definitely a new world.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman:
- Pittsburgh’s leading scorer Liatu King has entered the transfer portal, averaged 18.7 ppg and 10.3 rpg. This is a big one.

Reaction Score
Rumor is Kentucky has their next coach and should be out there early next week. I guess that depends on if the coach they hire makes it to the second weekend or not. But yes, the new coach will have a major rebuild on their hand. Thankfully, there's the portal to help.

Reaction Score
true but they'll be hundreds of shiny new portal faces for her/him to recruit from within the next few weeks........;)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman:
- Pittsburgh’s leading scorer Liatu King has entered the transfer portal, averaged 18.7 ppg and 10.3 rpg. This is a big one.
I kind of feel for Tony Verdi, who took over a Pitt team that had massive transfers before he arrived. He coaxed King to step into center court and go and she certainly did. While Pitt had a terrible year in terms of W-L, they -- in the games against ND -- played hard. And he played a lot of them.

King is probably looking to play with a better assortment of players to take the next step. I get that. She'll have no shortage of suitors.

Still, Verdi's got to feel like he's in a cha-cha: one step forward, two steps back. Guess he, too, will need to sort the transfer portal until he can sell Pitt to high school recruits. Good luck to all concerned.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom