Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
So that'll be uni number 4 for her? I mean at this point why doesn't she just go pro and go overseas? The notion that her degree will represent anything about her time spent off the court would be kind of a joke.

Outta think she must be planning on being a grad transfer as she won't want to sit out another year. Graduating with credits from three schools would be a challenge but she has had four years (plus summers I assume) with junior and senior years at OSU.

Reaction Score
Outta think she must be planning on being a grad transfer as she won't want to sit out another year. Graduating with credits from three schools would be a challenge but she has had four years (plus summers I assume) with junior and senior years at OSU.

Don't think she has to sit out. Pretty sure the new rules say they can play immediately

Reaction Score
I have a hard time keeping up with what they talk about and propose and what they end up with rules each season!

Me too. I just remember someone else asking the questions. Pretty sure that was the answer

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman -
Boston University’s Caitlin Weimar has entered the transfer portal, averaged 18.7 ppg, 10.6 rpg. Their leading scorer and rebounder.

Jim

Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman -
Boston University’s Caitlin Weimar has entered the transfer portal, averaged 18.7 ppg, 10.6 rpg. Their leading scorer and rebounder.
Wasn't she a Marisa Moseley recruit? If so, she might end up in Wisconsin.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I believe Weimar was a transfer in from Marist and her first season was the first season that Moseley at Wisconsin. So, unsure of the specific timelines on where they'd overlap but I guess I'd assume Moseley was already for Wisconsin when Weimar came calling.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Raoul - Caitlin Weimar (6-4 SR center, Cortlandt Manor, NY) has entered the portal, as a grad xfer out of Boston University WBB; 2023-24 stats: 18.7 PPG, 10.6 RPG, 88 blocks; Patriot League POY and Defensive POY; spent her freshman year at Marist

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I'd.be darned if I entered the portal to end up at Wisconsin. No offense to any Wisconsin fans on this board.

Reaction Score
Per Raoul - Caitlin Weimar (6-4 SR center, Cortlandt Manor, NY) has entered the portal, as a grad xfer out of Boston University WBB; 2023-24 stats: 18.7 PPG, 10.6 RPG, 88 blocks; Patriot League POY and Defensive POY; spent her freshman year at Marist
She's a pretty good player......very agile for her size........

Jim

Reaction Score
I'd.be darned if I entered the portal to end up at Wisconsin. No offense to any Wisconsin fans on this board.
With the extra Covid year there are more players wanting spots than scholarships available. Last year there were something like three hundred players which entered the portal but didn’t land with a paid scholarship. Better Wisconsin than no scholly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
With the extra Covid year there are more players wanting spots than scholarships available. Last year there were something like three hundred players which entered the portal but didn’t land with a paid scholarship. Better Wisconsin than no scholly.

I was thinking more like west Durham.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She's a pretty good player......very agile for her size........
Think Weimar and BU had an excellent quid pro quo relationship. Weimar came over from Marist and for the last two years has probably gotten some one-on-one coaching from her head coach, Melissa Graves. If you use her maiden name, D'Amico, you might remember her as a starting center for the ND Fighting Irish back in the 2000's.

BU got to the Patriot League finals and Weimar probably has her undergrad degree. Nothing wrong whatsoever in getting some P5 experience to see if she can make the next step in terms of competition. I've watched more than a number of games and, yes, she moves well both laterally and vertically.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am still stunned that they didn't wait until after the tournament to open up the Portal. This is absolutely ludicrous - and the WBI was apparently cancelled as teams couldn't field enough players due to the portal.

Micah Gray for instance, noped out of Seton Hall - and isn't listed on their roster anymore despite them continuing to have games this year.

Reaction Score
Think Weimar and BU had an excellent quid pro quo relationship. Weimar came over from Marist and for the last two years has probably gotten some one-on-one coaching from her head coach, Melissa Graves. If you use her maiden name, D'Amico, you might remember her as a starting center for the ND Fighting Irish back in the 2000's.

BU got to the Patriot League finals and Weimar probably has her undergrad degree. Nothing wrong whatsoever in getting some P5 experience to see if she can make the next step in terms of competition. I've watched more than a number of games and, yes, she moves well both laterally and vertically.

With Kylee Watson suffering an ACL, she'll be out for the year and Nat Marshall unannounced as to what she'll do next year, ND could be looking for another post in the front. All ND Post Coach Carol Owens has to do is give her former pupil Coach Graves a buzz to see what she thinks....;)

Unannounced?? She took back her announcement?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Unannounced?? She took back her announcement?
No, probably poor wording on my part. I meant she hasn't announced what she is going to do. Ditto for Maddy Westbeld. Those decisions will make a big difference on how ND will address the transfer portal. They'll need a forward already because Kylee Watson's ACL injury will probably keep her out of next season. And the Irish only have one "big" coming in next year.

Reaction Score
No, probably poor wording on my part. I meant she hasn't announced what she is going to do. Ditto for Maddy Westbeld. Those decisions will make a big difference on how ND will address the transfer portal. They'll need a forward already because Kylee Watson's ACL injury will probably keep her out of next season. And the Irish only have one "big" coming in next year.
yes but that's a big big.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom