Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman -

• South Carolina’s Sahnya Jah has entered the transfer portal, a source tells @TheNextHoops. She was suspended in February. Averaged 3.1 ppg.
  • Northwestern’s Alana Goodchild has entered the transfer portal
  • Arkansas’ Jersey Wolfenbarger has entered the transfer portal,
  • Oklahoma State’s Kennedy Fauntleroy has entered the transfer portal
  • UMass’s Kristin Williams has entered the transfer portal
  • Three Providence players have entered the transfer portal, Sabana Kanagasabay, Kammie Ludwig, Bella McLaughlin

Tracker here
Wolfenbarger isn't exactly new information as she has been off their roster for a while. More of the paperwork has been filed than anything else.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman -

• South Carolina’s Sahnya Jah has entered the transfer portal, a source tells @TheNextHoops. She was suspended in February. Averaged 3.1 ppg.
  • Northwestern’s Alana Goodchild has entered the transfer portal
  • Arkansas’ Jersey Wolfenbarger has entered the transfer portal,
  • Oklahoma State’s Kennedy Fauntleroy has entered the transfer portal
  • UMass’s Kristin Williams has entered the transfer portal
  • Three Providence players have entered the transfer portal, Sabana Kanagasabay, Kammie Ludwig, Bella McLaughlin

Tracker here
Whoa...that one-year sojurn to OKlahoma State didn't end so well for Ms. Fauntleroy, who left G-Town when her coach was let go. Wonder if there'd be any interest between her and the new G-Town staff? Or, alternatively, a landing spot in the East?

Reaction Score
Whoa...that one-year sojurn to OKlahoma State didn't end so well for Ms. Fauntleroy, who left G-Town when her coach was let go. Wonder if there'd be any interest between her and the new G-Town staff? Or, alternatively, a landing spot in the East?

Odd since Washington DC and Stillwater are so similar.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Will she need a waiver to get immediate eligibility at her new school?

Reaction Score
Goodman adds a few good mid-major transfers:
— Izzy Higginbottom, Arkansas State, 22.2 PPG
— Carter McCray, Northern Kentucky (Horizon League FOY), 15.7 PPG, 11.2 RPG

Reaction Score
Also, heard that Pitt’s Liatu King should be entering soon. She’ll be a very nice get for some school.

Reaction Score
I'm sad to see Jah go but she would have been a career backup. She was a tweener between the 3 and 4. She possessed the skills of a forward but was a bit undersized to be effective at that position. I kind of saw her as an energy player coming off the bench. She is very athletic and has the tools to become a lockdown defender for whatever team she joins.

Reaction Score
Will she need a waiver to get immediate eligibility at her new school?
Nope. Another rule recently struck down by the courts. Here's the pertinent part of the court-ordered edict:

"Due to the current court order, student-athletes transferring from a four-year school to a Division I school are not subject to the transfer year in residence requirement"

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm sad to see Jah go but she would have been a career backup. She was a tweener between the 3 and 4. She possessed the skills of a forward but was a bit undersized to be effective at that position. I kind of saw her as an energy player coming off the bench. She is very athletic and has the tools to become a lockdown defender for whatever team she joins.
Agreed. She’s a great athlete but was in a tough spot to see meaningfully minutes with how loaded SC is at PF, and with Edwards coming next year. She’ll be a great pickup for another program though in need of some athleticism.

Reaction Score
If she can learn how to finish at the rim at her size, she could be useful for someone. I can see her doing well at Maryland, for example.

Reaction Score
For some reason I thought this year wasn't going to be as exciting. But I feel like I'm already wrong. Taliah Scott was dynamite when she played. Maddie Scher makes sense, but kind of am unsure of her value.

Reaction Score
I've heard Louisville for Scherr, but I expect IU and ND in the mix too.

Talented player, but pretty inconsistent at Kentucky. Will probably help to go to a team with more talent around her.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman -
  • Miami (FL)‘s Ally Stedman has entered the transfer portal
  • Clemson’s Ruby Whitehorn has entered the transfer portal - #15 recruit in 2022, per ESPN -- highest rated recruit in program history. Whitehorn averaged 12.3 points and 5.6 rebounds per game this season.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Taliah Scott is a big name entering the portal. Her name tailed off over the season as other freshmen stepped up, but she averaged 22 ppg at Arkansas which is pretty darn good. Efficiency/shot selection will need to be improved but she's a big pick up for whoever lands her.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Raoul -
NyahLeveretter (6-2 GR forward, Blythewood, SC) is in the portal, as a grad xfer out of Kentucky WBB

Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman -
  • Miami (FL)‘s Ally Stedman has entered the transfer portal
  • Clemson’s Ruby Whitehorn has entered the transfer portal - #15 recruit in 2022, per ESPN -- highest rated recruit in program history. Whitehorn averaged 12.3 points and 5.6 rebounds per game this season.
Would be interesting to see where Whitehorn ends up. She's from the Detroit area like Gabby Elliott who also transferred out from Clemson. Believe they played together in high school, but could have that wrong.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Raoul -
Alana Goodchild (6-2 SO forward, Sydney, Australia) is in the portal, out of Northwestern WBB

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Would be interesting to see where Whitehorn ends up. She's from the Detroit area like Gabby Elliott who also transferred out from Clemson. Believe they played together in high school, but could have that wrong.
The AD at Clemson better get a move on or the new coach is going to have an empty locker room.

And to answer your question, yes, both Elliott and Whitehorn played at Detroit Edison. So could Michigan State be a potential destination?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman -
  • Rutgers Erica Lafayette has entered the transfer portal
  • Rutgers Kaylene Smikle has entered the transfer portal, Averaged 16.1 ppg and 5.1 rpg.
  • Mississippi State’s Nyayongah Gony has entered the transfer porta

Last edited:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Also from Talia Goodman:
Kaylene Smikle has entered the portal out of Rutgers too.

Reaction Score
The AD at Clemson better get a move on or the new coach is going to have an empty locker room.

And to answer your question, yes, both Elliott and Whitehorn played at Detroit Edison. So could Michigan State be a potential destination?

Kentucky's gonna have the same problem

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Also from Talia Goodman:
Kaylene Smikle has entered the portal out of Rutgers too.
Smikle was Rutgers' leading scorer in the first half of the season and then, if memory serves, was suspended for some kind of disciplinary issue and that was that. So this isn't unexpected. Still, Rutgers can hardly have an exodus of talent; really, any bodies at this point. Smikle is from Long Island.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Smikle was Rutgers' leading scorer in the first half of the season and then, if memory serves, was suspended for some kind of disciplinary issue and that was that. So this isn't unexpected. Still, Rutgers can hardly have an exodus of talent; really, any bodies at this point. Smikle is from Long Island.
I thought she was out because of a medical issue? I know we have a poster who is a Rutgers fan, but they may be avoiding this page...:oops:. I do regret to say I don't really keep up with Rutger's much, except in the Big Ten Tournament when Destiny Adams had a day.

Okay, I saw she won Pennsylvania's Gatorade player of the year, is listed as being from Farmington, NY on the Rutger's roster, but went to Westtown High School. So, I think I'm still confused haha

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom