players/coaches dont know or follows... | The Boneyard

players/coaches dont know or follows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
stats or records that are broken or about to be broken, individual or team... I don't believe that!

ranking dont matter etc.

I dont think the look to break or set goals to do things but as the get closer Im sure its mentioned

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Depends on the coach and the player - Sherri got some flack during the Paris years as she left her in late in blow outs to make sure she got to double digits in rebounds and points. Geno did the famous one with Sales. And no one could miss the Uconn winning streaks when they got above 50. But generally I don't think coaches or players follow individual stats that closely during games, especially if they are just personal or team records. I think it was complete coincidence that Stewart had 29 points in two games this year tying her personal best and in both instances sat out the last 5+ minutes of the games for example.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Depends on the coach and the player - Sherri got some flack during the Paris years as she left her in late in blow outs to make sure she got to double digits in rebounds and points. Geno did the famous one with Sales. And no one could miss the Uconn winning streaks when they got above 50. But generally I don't think coaches or players follow individual stats that closely during games, especially if they are just personal or team records. I think it was complete coincidence that Stewart had 29 points in two games this year tying her personal best and in both instances sat out the last 5+ minutes of the games for example.
blowouts to get 30 isnt a great feat... if she was clicking in a big close game whatever number she got would have just came.

today Maryland's Thomas said after the game they told her she had a triple double. I got banged up earlier in the game, nice lead but was put back in the game... was it to get a triple double or just to keep a steady playing in the game.

(yeah I know "freeze" isnt liked around here soooo)

but when a player is closing in on 1000 pts (for their career), you dont think its mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom