Player comparison....Ashlynn Shade and ??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Player comparison....Ashlynn Shade and ???

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
LOL, who would have thought last August that the freshman we talk about the most is Ash. Jana and KK were the girls we talked the most about, and the ones that probably would have the most impact for us. Well, I've said it more than once this year that this girl is just SOLID. Solid in shooting, solid in rebounding, solid in defense, solid in hustle, and solid in understanding her role. To me, there is not any downside to this girl.
I find that I have complete confidence in this kid, and although KK is making great contributions to the team, Ash. seems more in control of her game. Oh yeah, attitude. I've never heard any player say how much she loves and feels so honored to be here, and that is so refreshing to me in this age of transfers and egos. Love her, will be my favorite player when Nika graduates. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
LOL, who would have thought last August that the freshman we talk about the most is Ash. Jana and KK were the girls we talked the most about, and the ones that probably would have the most impact for us. Well, I've said it more than once this year that this girl is just SOLID. Solid in shooting, solid in rebounding, solid in defense, solid in hustle, and solid in understanding her role. To me, there is not any downside to this girl.
I find that I have complete confidence in this kid, and although KK is making great contributions to the team, Ash. seems more in control of her game. Oh yeah, attitude. I've never heard any player say how much she loves and feels so honored to be here, and that is so refreshing to me in this age of transfers and egos. Love her, will be my favorite player when Nika graduates. Go Huskies.
This is so true, and if Jana hadn’t suffered an injury, and Azzi and Caroline, we wouldn't have heard much from Ash this year, and maybe not next year either. She is definitely the silver lining.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Ash is somethin special. You watch her during games. Her hustle is unmatched. She scores on a breakaway layup and runs back down court to stop a play before it develops. Shes all over the place on the court on both sides of the ball. Rewatch the Creighton game and you will see what I mean. How was she ranked so low on hoopgurlz.

Reaction Score
Ash is somethin special. You watch her during games. Her hustle is unmatched. She scores on a breakaway layup and runs back down court to stop a play before it develops. Shes all over the place on the court on both sides of the ball. Rewatch the Creighton game and you will see what I mean. How was she ranked so low on hoopgurlz.
She was rank so low on hoopgurlz because those rankings, including blueStar or any other ranking service are useless.

Reaction Score
She may not have the lightning quick first step and the killer crossover like KK, but she never stops running. This makes up for a lot. If you've already gotten to your spot, quickness doesn't matter quite so much.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
One of the reasons why she was low is because she left Noblesville High School her Senior year and went to a private school that none of the raters watched.

Reaction Score
There was a sequence on the defensive end when Bennett was working underneath against AE. Bennett had the ball and was trying to find space to shoot over or around AE. Then she decided to turn away from AS, and there was Ashlynn. Ashlynn had been moving closer to the action, keeping her hands up, and just trying to squeeze Bennett and make her movement more and more impossible. When Bennett brought the ball down, there was AS ready to tie her up. Possession arrow: UConn. Won't make the box score. But what a great piece of action!

Reaction Score
I love watching players who work hard, make an impact on the game in tangible and intangible ways, and obviously love every aspect of playing the game. The kid is always smiling, it's refreshing to see that whenever you come across a player like her.

Reaction Score
Ash reminds me of a smaller Shea Ralph or a slightly bigger Mel Thomas. Someone who will run through brick walls.
I was waiting for someone else to mention Shea. Wasn't sure if my memories from that far back were accurate. But yeah, Shea.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
It seems to me that when on defense Ash is focused intently on her opponent whenever they have the ball. Otherwise Ash is always looking around as she guards her person and quiet often shifts to trap or help a teammate or putting out her hand to deflect/interfere with the ball handler if they come close to her.

A couple times she has been the object of the film crew when she made a mistake. Her expression was #$* for just a second and then changes to Ahhh I get it.

I don't remember exactly what exactly happened during the Georgetown game but it's the first time I've seen what appeared to be an expression that said I'm extremely pissed.

I don't know if I've ever seen a player with the understanding of the game as a freshman. Oh wait. . . Paige was like that. Perhaps Maya. :)

Reaction Score
Maybe Azzi off the bench for her shooting skills while limiting her total playing time to "preserve her health"?

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm being lazy with the Indiana connection but the mid range game, creativity on offense, basketball IQ, and physicality from the guard position on both sides of the ball reminds me a bit of Grace Berger.

Grace was a better player as a 5th year Senior than Ash is now mainly because of increased physicality, rebounding etc. but Ash has upside to be better by her upper-class years because she's already probably a better 3-point shooter.

Reaction Score
The first person I thought of as a comparison was Kelly Farris… only with a great shot. They both have an intensity, drive and desire to win that is similar. They both play hard all the time.

Reaction Score
Something about Ash just screams out "old school". A little like the Bruno Sammartino of women's basketball. (That may be a little over the top, but I can't think of a better analogy.)

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Something about Ash just screams out "old school". A little like the Bruno Sammartino of women's basketball. (That may be a little over the top, but I can't think of a better analogy.)
I hope it's a LITTLE Bruno, we don't want her to foul out LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom