"Play each play like it's the last play you'll ever play." | The Boneyard

"Play each play like it's the last play you'll ever play."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Right after Warde Manuel fires Pasqualoni and DeLeone, I want him to call a team meeting to name (whoever) as Interim in front of this quote at the Burton Family football complex. I want every friggin' player to read this quote and internalize its message. I want every friggin' player to reflect upon not only WHO said this, but WHEN he said this and what it means to be a Husky. I want them all to sit down in front of a TV and watch any game from the 2009 season after this horrific tragedy took place and watch the blood, sweat and tears that EVERY player on that roster played with to honor their fallen teammate. I want every fahqing player to watch that 2009 team as they left the field, win or lose, having given their all on every play not because of who they were playing AGAINST, but because of who they were playing FOR. I don't want them to watch ONE FAHQING SECOND of film from this Buffalo embarrassment...I want them to watch EVERY FAHQING SECOND the game against Notre Dame, when Greg Lloyd Jr leaped over a pile to crush Armando Allen, knocking his golden lid from his head, and Andre Dixon scampered into the corner of the end zone in front of the Irish student section to secure the team's first win to honor Jazz. I want every fahqing player from this team to watch what kind of passion, heart, intensity, mental and physical toughness, discipline, and intelligence that past Husky teams, under far more stressful and disheartened times, played with game in and game fahqing out. Then, and only then, do I want them to hit the film room and watch that piece of they left at UB Stadium today and compare what they see with what they saw from that 2009 team and ask themselves "did I play every play like it's the last play I'll every play?" To a man, not one...NOT FAHQING ONE! will be able to honestly answer this question with a yes.

After all of this, I want Monday's (yup, no off days during the bye week after today) full contact practice to be the most spirited play of the season, even if it means a few guys get nicked up a bit. I want these guys to get after it even it means that there are a few fights that interrupt practice for a few minutes. I want these guys to remember that they aren't just a representation of their head coach, but they are a representation of our great state and university, the name on the front and back of their own jerseys, and the names on jerseys past AND present. And, after all of this, if this 2013 team ever takes the field with the same lack of intensity that it showed this afternoon in Buffalo ever the fahq again, I want those players out of here with Pasqualoni and DeLeone. This is UCONN. You play each play hard, win or lose, or it will be the last play you'll ever play here.

Reaction Score
You seem very upset and fired up, and there's nothing wrong with that, and I like what you're saying. But I think this team just doesn't give a .

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
You seem very upset and fired up, and there's nothing wrong with that, and I like what you're saying. But I think this team just doesn't give a .

You're right. They don't. And that needs to change at the same time as the coaching change should. Right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom