Play call question- UMass game | The Boneyard

Play call question- UMass game

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
May be a stupid question but I'm 9 beers deep and it seems like a good one to me.

Watching the UMass game and wondering if the 4th Qtr touchdown by Scotty was an option or a scripted keeper? If it was an option play with Nick, I'm thinking he made a horrible read.

Yes, Scott got in the endzone so this is kind of petty. But, against better defenses, Scott may not have pushed that pile. Nick had 6 all day.

(Yes, I see how we sealed the right edge enough for both of them to hit that side untouched but Scotty didn't and took it more inside)

umess.JPG

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Watch out for the party police on here bro. Behaw!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
May be a stupid question but I'm 9 beers deep and it seems like a good one to me.

Watching the UMass game and wondering if the 4th Qtr touchdown by Scotty was an option or a scripted keeper? If it was an option play with Nick, I'm thinking he made a horrible read.

Yes, Scott got in the endzone so this is kind of petty. But, against better defenses, Scott may not have pushed that pile. Nick had 6 all day.

(Yes, I see how we sealed the right edge enough for both of them to hit that side untouched but Scotty didn't and took it more inside)

View attachment 1192

I'll start the voting.

A play and decision that ended up in six 6 is always better than a "could've been better might've been 6".

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'll start the voting.

A play and decision that ended up in six 6 is always better than a "could've been better might've been 6".

I didn't ask for a vote if it was the right call, I asked if it was an option play or not.

HFD, I've got the rest of my life to "behaw" :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I didn't ask for a vote if it was the right call, I asked if it was an option play or not.

Well, short of getting McCummings or DeLeone to answer it directly no one on thish board "knows". But you're gonna get a few that will act as if they know.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Well, short of getting McCummings or DeLeone to answer it directly no one on thish board "knows". But you're gonna get a few that will act as if they know.

I can see that, good point.

I think my post question comments will cloud my original curiosity so lets leave those out and just ask:

Do you think that was a designed sneak or an option? It helps if you care enough to watch the play again if you have access.

EDIT: I'm 10.5 beers deep now and I just realized I don't actually care. I've been hiding in the man cave for hours, breaking down UMass film! My mother in law was right, I'm pathetic.

BUT, that bitch just left, so I'm gonna go get drunk enough to make a few bad decisions with her daughter. Maybe play a little game called "Just the Tip".

Reaction Score
Not sure if we ever have "read' options out of the Wildcat.

They stopped handing off to Williams after the first quarter. Williams looked so good I would like to see him be the primary "option" with McCummings out of the Wildcat. Lets see what he can do. On his first carry he gained 7 additional yards after the initial hit by the linebacker. Nick just seems to be an unstoppable force out there. When he has the ball MAGIC HAPPENS.

From Chips Blog, Nick Williams:

“I kind of had a little bit of a chip on my shoulder because I wanted to be more than just a return guy and this season I would like to be more involved on offense,” Williams said. “In the pass game, run game, return game, blocking whatever it is I am all for it. I am excited and happy to be on the field.
“(The sweep) is the little addition we have to the wildcat. In the past Kashif (Moore) was running that now I am running it. The way they are so aggressive when Scotty goes into the game it is a nice complement.”

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is a quality showing by formerlurker.
I cant like this enough.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

For some drunk reason i was making a noise latenight at thebar that a politician used to say during his speeches. It sounds like beeyaw or something like that. Lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
BUT, that bitch just left, so I'm gonna go get drunk enough to make a few bad decisions with her daughter. Maybe play a little game called "Just the Tip".

Or as our friends across the pond might say, play a little bit of "Where's your father?".

And wouldn't it be some funny shiittt if your MIL is a currentlurker?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
For some drunk reason i was making a noise latenight at thebar that a politician used to say during his speeches. It sounds like beeyaw or something like that. Lol

Could this be what you're refering too my friend?

My philosophy is that you can do whatever you want in life as long as you don't hurt others and at least try and learn something from the things you do that might be non-conforming or illegal (as far as misdemeanors are concerned).

If I can help you learn something tonight, this is Howard Dean, watch it until the very end. Go have fun, kid.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Based on his avatar I believe what HFD is into is called 'yiffing'.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Ahh, the British. Gotta love em, but "Where's your father" would pretty much guarantee I'd be all tip.

Reaction Score
The photo doesn't show push. My guess is the line was plowing forward and he simply took the first option.

Nick would have scored as well. Assuming McCummings hands the ball off cleanly. Perhaps the botched exchange with McCombs influenced his thinking.

Reaction Score
Not sure if we ever have "read' options out of the Wildcat.

They stopped handing off to Williams after the first quarter. Williams looked so good I would like to see him be the primary "option" with McCummings out of the Wildcat. Lets see what he can do. On his first carry he gained 7 additional yards after the initial hit by the linebacker. Nick just seems to be an unstoppable force out there. When he has the ball MAGIC HAPPENS.

From Chips Blog, Nick Williams:

“I kind of had a little bit of a chip on my shoulder because I wanted to be more than just a return guy and this season I would like to be more involved on offense,” Williams said. “In the pass game, run game, return game, blocking whatever it is I am all for it. I am excited and happy to be on the field.
“(The sweep) is the little addition we have to the wildcat. In the past Kashif (Moore) was running that now I am running it. The way they are so aggressive when Scotty goes into the game it is a nice complement.”

Can you clarify? It was my assumption (and I qualify this as never having played the game) that based on the defensive set/formations/adjustments, McCummings has "read" options.

Reaction Score
Could this be what you're refering too my friend?

My philosophy is that you can do whatever you want in life as long as you don't hurt others and at least try and learn something from the things you do that might be non-conforming or illegal (as far as misdemeanors are concerned).

If I can help you learn something tonight, this is Howard Dean, watch it until the very end. Go have fun, kid.

And it pretty much ended his campaign for the white house.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Can you clarify? It was my assumption (and I qualify this as never having played the game) that based on the defensive set/formations/adjustments, McCummings has "read" options.

I always assumed the decision for McCummings to hold the ball and run or to handoff are made in the huddle. I could be completely wrong.

Reaction Score
I can see that, good point.

I think my post question comments will cloud my original curiosity so lets leave those out and just ask:

Do you think that was a designed sneak or an option? It helps if you care enough to watch the play again if you have access.

EDIT: I'm 10.5 beers deep now and I just realized I don't actually care. I've been hiding in the man cave for hours, breaking down UMass film! My mother in law was right, I'm pathetic.

Just for a second. Just to see how it feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom