Pitt interviewed Matta | The Boneyard

Pitt interviewed Matta

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So, he's still interested in jobs....

Thought he wouldn't bite on anything this year.

Reaction Score
If Pitt landed Matta and Hurley turns us down to stay at URI until a blue blood coaching offer comes who the hell will we turn to? I guess it'd have to be Calhoun.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If everyone on earth perishes except our basketball team, Thad Matta and one other random person, we should hire the random person before Matta.

The guy is physically a mess. College coaching will break him again.

For a guy that young to look that bad, there’s a lot of crap wrong in there.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Never thought Pitt was threat to losing Hurley, only we don't get Dan is he stays at URI. I'd be down with Oats or the Nevada coach, not sure if that's even a possibility.

I just don't see Calhoun coming back, but there has been whispers I guess.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Never thought Pitt was threat to losing Hurley, only we don't get Dan is he stays at URI. I'd be down with Oats or the Nevada coach, not sure if that's even a possibility.

I just don't see Calhoun coming back, but there has been whispers I guess.

I don't want JC to die.

Idk know if we could get Oats at this point. He's not even making Hurley money right now, he's just so new to his situation.

Reaction Score
It was rumored he wants the Pitt job that’s why he turned down UGA

I had heard the same thing. Matta wants to get back into coaching but I think he also realizes that he will have limitations. He has never coached in the South but can fall back on his Midwest Eastern recruiting connections at Pitt.

I am perfectly happy with him taking the Pittt job and leaving Danny Hurley for UConn.

Reaction Score
Oats definitely grabbed our attention but it's a bad day for storrs when we can't pull talent away from URI.

Reaction Score
If Pitt landed Matta and Hurley turns us down to stay at URI until a blue blood coaching offer comes who the hell will we turn to? I guess it'd have to be Calhoun.
We’ll never have to find out

Reaction Score
I pray that AD DB is far more sensible and level headed than some on here. Oats is such a reach for this program it's not even funny. There is no proof he can recruit at this level. He should follow Hurleys steps and be the next coach of URI.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What's interesting about Pitt and Matta is that Lyke already interviewed Chris Jent, who was Matta's #2 for a few years. Wonder if they're coming as a tandem with Jent doing most of the traveling to save Matta's back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom