Pitt fan here | The Boneyard

Pitt fan here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hate to see how the BE is being broken up (I know Pitt is part of the reason etc etc). As a fan it just stinks though. I really wish the BE would allow you all to play at the garden this year in the BET. I have always had a ton of respect for the Uconn program and can only hope that Pitt reaches that level of success one day. Would really like to see Pitt and Uconn play OOC if it is possible in the future.

One of the reasons I stopped by though was to ask how Omar Calhoun has looked? I really wanted Pitt to land him and for awhile I thought they would. Seemed like a great kid who had a lot of potential. Good luck this year and I can't wait until BE play gets started (Pitts OOC has been a joke)

Reaction Score
Hate to see how the BE is being broken up (I know Pitt is part of the reason etc etc). As a fan it just stinks though. I really wish the BE would allow you all to play at the garden this year in the BET. I have always had a ton of respect for the Uconn program and can only hope that Pitt reaches that level of success one day. Would really like to see Pitt and Uconn play OOC if it is possible in the future.

One of the reasons I stopped by though was to ask how Omar Calhoun has looked? I really wanted Pitt to land him and for awhile I thought they would. Seemed like a great kid who had a lot of potential. Good luck this year and I can't wait until BE play gets started (Pitts OOC has been a joke)

UConn would have lost to in state Quinnipiac without Omar's 17 pts. We need every W we can get this year to continue our growth for next year. I think UConn will continue to have a surprisingly good year especially since the media and many UConn fans buried them pre-season.

Calhoun is working on consistency. He was held scoreless against Harvard. Most Freshman experience a growth process. One day its going to be like BANG...his experience equates with his talent and he will put up very very big #'s at UConn.

Reaction Score

Until the authorities @ UConn can counter-influence by planning new strategic measures to protect UConn from the onslaught of conference realignment we won't see you in the ACC anytime soon. When UConn creates leverage it will enjoy the fruits of its labor. Its not that hard.

Most people run their lives on fear and censorship (those devoid of advocacy skills). They have no other way to empower themselves. Its comical to watch for those that possess certain skills.

I think UConn will eventually thrive in the right environment. There still is some hope believe it or not.

Good luck to Pitt and thanks for the well wishes to the University of Connecticut.

Reaction Score

I'd like to see UConn play Pitt as well. Pitt became Uconn;s biggest rival for a while there, now not so much. So I guess not a real rival. And yes, we'd like to see them play in the BET. If we adopted some ACC standards and just reported whatever numbers we made up to the NCAA, we'd be playing (just joking of course, about doing an ACC).

Omar has looked lost. He looks like he has a lot of talent, but he needs to go to his midrange game (which looks great the rare times we see it) but his outside shooting has been poor.

Reaction Score
Until the authorities @ UConn can counter-influence by planning new strategic measures to protect UConn from the onslaught of conference realignment we won't see you in the ACC anytime soon. When UConn creates leverage it will enjoy the fruits of its labor. Its not that hard.

Most people run their lives on fear and censorship (those devoid of advocacy skills). They have no other way to empower themselves. Its comical to watch for those that possess certain skills.

I think UConn will eventually thrive in the right environment. There still is some hope believe it or not.

Good luck to Pitt and thanks for the well wishes to the University of Connecticut.

We may never ever see Pitt again, ACC or no ACC. If and when the ACC breaks up, teams will be leaving for the Big12. The Big12 currently has 10 teams. In the event of a big breakup, look for Pitt to be paired with WV in the Big12.

Reaction Score
Pitt (not you - you are simply a fan and had nothing to do with the schools actions) can suck it. I spit on them- PE-TWOOEY! and the dishonesty they showed while being the "keeper" of the BE's best interests and at the same time working on a deal behind the other schools backs to leave.
The only thing that makes me remotely feel better about the scum in the administration at your school- is that you are going to fail in the ACC and IMHO are the next BC of the ACC. You are going to stink up that league- it is not suited toward your style of play and while I like JD as a person he has yet to show he can coach in any fashion other then the one that has got you close to a FF in the past. That is not going to work in the ACC in any way shape or form.
Have a good basketball life- not that most UCONN fan's could give a rat's if you do or not. Please do not feel free to come here anymore asking about some under acheiving freshmen - OC will be fine- we appreciate your interest in UCONN basketball.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Pitt (not you - you are simply a fan and had nothing to do with the schools actions) can suck it. I spit on them- PE-TWOOEY! and the dishonesty they showed while being the "keeper" of the BE's best interests and at the same time working on a deal behind the other schools backs to leave.
The only thing that makes me remotely feel better about the scum in the administration at your school- is that you are going to fail in the ACC and IMHO are the next BC of the ACC. You are going to stink up that league- it is not suited toward your style of play and while I like JD as a person he has yet to show he can coach in any fashion other then the one that has got you close to a FF in the past. That is not going to work in the ACC in any way shape or form.
Have a good basketball life- not that most UCONN fan's could give a rat's if you do or not. Please do not feel free to come here anymore asking about some under acheiving freshmen - OC will be fine- we appreciate your interest in UCONN basketball.

I think you meant PITT-TWOOEY!!!!

No offense to the OP, it was a class post, but the Pitt administration really appeared underhanded nixing the ESPN contract at or near the same time they were having discussions with the ACC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I appreciate your stopping by. Pitt was always a good game. I wouldn't be opposed to continuing it.

D

Deleted member 3149

That comment was appreciated. Finally, a true fan who actually realizes that their school is at fault for the breakup of the B.E. And, a true fan who actually values rivalries.

Reaction Score
Mixed bag of reactions which was somewhat expected. I honestly had no intent to flame or anything like that. Have nothing but respect for your program. All of the realignment just sucks for the fans. It's a big chess game and all we can do is sit back and watch.

As for Calhoun, I had no clue how he has done and a lot of Pitt fans were disappointed that he didn't end up at Pitt. Really liked his game coming out of HS. I think he is going to be a great one before his college career is over. Good luck this year

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Mixed bag of reactions which was somewhat expected. I honestly had no intent to flame or anything like that. Have nothing but respect for your program. All of the realignment just sucks for the fans. It's a big chess game and all we can do is sit back and watch.

As for Calhoun, I had no clue how he has done and a lot of Pitt fans were disappointed that he didn't end up at Pitt. Really liked his game coming out of HS. I think he is going to be a great one before his college career is over. Good luck this year
I never took you coming here and flaming. OC started off really well. But recently he hit a freshman slump. His decision making and shooting have been way off. He started off weakly on his man to man defensive coverage. It's improved, but he is still a freshman.

I'm with you. There is something about this kid that tells me he has the makings of being a great UConn player. There's something in his eyes that tells me he will get past his weaknesses and be consistent in the future.

Thanks for coming here and being civil and not taking some of our anger personally.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Wow, a former opponent who wants to play on the field! This is a rare site on the 'Yard these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom