Pitino: “That’s why next year, the only game we’re playing at Carnesecca is Connecticut. The rest, we’re gonna negotiate.” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pitino: “That’s why next year, the only game we’re playing at Carnesecca is Connecticut. The rest, we’re gonna negotiate.”

Reaction Score
Would the AD really bend over for Pitino and give up thousands in ticket sales? I can see maybe one season at Carnesecca, but after that, I don’t see the business of college athletics giving up a sold out MSG.

Reaction Score
Would the AD really bend over for Pitino and give up thousands in ticket sales? I can see maybe one season at Carnesecca, but after that, I don’t see the business of college athletics giving up a sold out MSG.
We bang out Hartford against a few teams but play them on campus and our sports finances suck. The difference is?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pitino knows it’s a bad look for their brand having a split crowd that is open raucous for UConn. That looks terrible for prospective recruits.
Just means they have to sweeten the pot a bit more.

Reaction Score
It’s a smart move by the wee little Rick. UConn will dominate any game at MSG and he he knows better. They‘re going to be tough to beat no matter where we play but I like our chances. Although PeeCee has just as good of a chance as anyone in that game.

Reaction Score
Shirt game? I remember a low scoring rock fight that was absolutely brutal to watch live. To your credit I remember plenty of PC fans, glad that game has been back in Gampel
I was at that game. Horrible rock right. I believe we played without Sanogo. Croswell and Watson killed us inside. Definitely a fair amount of PC fans in the XL Center. A good Saturday afternoon crowd.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That PC game at XL in 2022 was garbage.
The crowd was ready. Was a big-time atmosphere. Everyone got Covid again at that game and we almost made a huge comeback. All in all, it was a pretty fun day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, yes we are.

You're welcome.

Reaction Score
I would do the same thing. This is just the smart move.

However, I doubt the SJU financial folks will agree.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We sell out XL, and PC will not be a challenge in the fan arena

Reaction Score
my girlfriend and i sat in front of three drunk st john's undergrads at the xl center game last year.

if we can endure that, pitino should be able to tough out uconn.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
PC never once had 8,000 or more fans in our building

And there's a reason we get to play Indiana, Texas and North Carolina in MSG

The PC equivalency is silly

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I was at the nightmare loss at Alumni Hall (former name of Carnesecca Arena) during the 89-90 dream season (living in NYC at the time) on 1/2/90. Worst performance of the year, but came back strong 4 weeks later in the Gample opener.

I don't think UConn has ever won at Alumni Hall/Carnesecca dating back to the 1970's, or vs. SJU at the old MSG on 8th Avenue & 49th. My father went to NYU in the 50's and remembers college triple-headers at the Garden. UConn often played and was a formidable squad that won its share of games against some of the best metro-area ECAC squads of the era ($1 for the triple-header).

Reaction Score
The crowd was ready. Was a big-time atmosphere. Everyone got Covid again at that game and we almost made a huge comeback. All in all, it was a pretty fun day.
I remember the PC and Creighton games that year just completely stunk. Looked it up- we scored 53 and 55 in those losses. Makes 2023s offense even more impressive

Reaction Score
Maybe St Johns should build an on campus arena so they don’t have to play in such a rinky dink arena.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
You guys still walking around with that BE regular season trophy? Mid-major mentality.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

If Rick asks the AD for a meeting at a white tablecloth Italian restaurant after hours, the AD should politely decline the offer.

Rick's been known to bend over people.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom