Pitchers´battle at Lvillle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pitchers´battle at Lvillle

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Yes, it was a good game to watch and (I'm sure) to play in. But I think UConn would be competitive with either team (and with South Carolina, which we will see about next week).

Everyone comments on Olivia's strength deficit compared to other centers, and that is a real concern. However, she should have an offsetting speed advantage, and quite possibly a fitness advantage as well. It doesn't seem as if Boston is motivated to run the floor, and I very much doubt that Cunane could keep up with Liv on a UConn fast break. If that happens often over the course of the game, I think both of them would be worn down faster than Liv would be (and Aaliyah Edwards can do the same thing if Liv needs to sit down). And with Paige and Evina unlikely to miss an opportunity to make a touchdown pass to Liv or AE on a runout, I think UConn should have an advantage in that area.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Next week's top five will be interesting. NC State will be #1 sure.

They play in Chapel Hill on Sunday...... it's a rivalry game and the Heels are gonna be pumped.

Reaction Score
Neither team could hit a open shot the first half .. not sure all this great defense talk just more like lots of bad offense .. either team will give UConn a game that’s for sure

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Big difference between jr. Cunane and our jr. center. Did UCONN try recruiting Cunane?
Both of Cunane's parents went to NC State...she grew up a fan of the Wolfpack Women her whole life. No way was she going anywhere else if offered an opportunity to wear the Red and White. Which, thankfully, she was.

Reaction Score
Lady Wolfpack(what a thought!) up 29-25 at the half.
Lots to like about the 'pack, a bunch of double digit scorers, spreading the wealth and a defense that didn't falter. And their happy warrior in the post. Cunane knew they had something going and couldn't suppress that grin.

Reaction Score
Lots to like about the 'pack, a bunch of double digit scorers, spreading the wealth and a defense that didn't falter. And their happy warrior in the post. Cunane knew they had something going and couldn't suppress that grin.

Would be a tough matchup for UConn. Would like to see that game.

Reaction Score
I just caught the second half. I was very impressed with NC States defense. Defense wins championships. Add that it was an away game made it more impressive. Tough athletic matchup for any team. The press affected them at the end but they toughed it out.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Oh ok. Another good center is Kitley of VPI. Not quite up to Cunane's level on the offensive side.... but probably a better rebounder and defender.
Kitley, Cunane, Ayoka Lee, Czinano (Iowa's center), Juhasz, Collier, and Boston all have more moves and more offense than Ono. I don't think all of them have more talent but their coaches use them in a way that is effective for their teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, it was a good game to watch and (I'm sure) to play in. But I think UConn would be competitive with either team (and with South Carolina, which we will see about next week).

Everyone comments on Olivia's strength deficit compared to other centers, and that is a real concern. However, she should have an offsetting speed advantage, and quite possibly a fitness advantage as well. It doesn't seem as if Boston is motivated to run the floor, and I very much doubt that Cunane could keep up with Liv on a UConn fast break. If that happens often over the course of the game, I think both of them would be worn down faster than Liv would be (and Aaliyah Edwards can do the same thing if Liv needs to sit down). And with Paige and Evina unlikely to miss an opportunity to make a touchdown pass to Liv or AE on a runout, I think UConn should have an advantage in that area.
I do like UConn, so please don’t interpret this as an attack on the team or player. That said...

For the last season and a half, every time ONO is mentioned in comparison to another center, her speed and fitness advantage is mentioned. I can’t recall a great game Liv has had against a talented center — I can find plenty of poor ones.

There’s a lot of things ONO does well, but this is the same discussion I see every couple months and it hasn’t manifested itself yet.

Reaction Score
Someone opined that ONO was the third best center after Boston and Collier. Cunane may be better than both of them with that vast array of shots, passing ability, etc.
I stand corrected not based just on this game. Cunane having consistent season.

Reaction Score
Someone opined that ONO was the third best center after Boston and Collier. Cunane may be better than both of them with that vast array of shots, passing ability, etc.
I think Cunane > Collier without question.

The Boston conversation is trickier. Boston is the better rebounder and defender. Cunane’s offensive game is probably slightly more diversified. I think you’re splitting hairs between them. To me, Boston has played more of a PF role this year, so hopefully Cunane can win the Leslie award.

Reaction Score
Is there much of a difference between these two players...asking for a friend.

1612277053272.png

Reaction Score
Is there much of a difference between these two players...asking for a friend.

View attachment 64170
Liv was a top 5 player in her class, Elissa was #55, yes they have similar numbers, but I’m not sure Elissa was expected to have the college career she has, and will likely be taken 2nd overall in the WNBA draft next year, personal I would take both at UConn.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Alot of top teams are loosing games all of a sudden. There are alot of variables that are coming into play. IMO one of the top variables are not having fans in the stands so you have to create your own team motivation. The virus and all it brings is big too There are alot of young teams out there too which is also a cause for the up and down season and also the reason why next season is going to be very special as will the following season .

With that said Ive seen NC State a couple of times and I really like Cunanes game. NC State plays as a team and has looked really consistent this season I hope Geno schedules them for next season.

Reaction Score
Louisville had 6 assts total......good formula for a loss
thought the same thing. That indicates either a lot of 1 on 1 basketball (Evans) or a lot of end to end fast breaks. Evans is good/great. Glad Geno doesn't endorse the fake eyelash thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom