Pics from UConn @Seton Hall | The Boneyard

Pics from UConn @Seton Hall

Reaction Score
Guess who gets the rebound? Paige, Ice, Nika, or one of the two SH players that seem have the best position?

Pics I shot from this year's game.

1709741260440.jpeg

1709741371290.jpeg

Reaction Score
Guess who gets the rebound? Paige, Ice, Nika, or one of the two SH players that seem have the best position?

Pics I shot from this year's game.

View attachment 97301

View attachment 97302

Good shots Max. Did you shoot these with a DSLR or a mirrorless? I tried getting my Sony Mirrorless with a 135MM f/1.8 lens into the Xavier-UCONN game in Cincinatti a few weeks ago and was barred at the door. Was not happy at that point!

adc

Reaction Score
But somehow she reaches up and grabs the rebound! (It's excruciatingly slow to post pics here.)

She's just amazing! Don't miss a minute of her playing at UConn, we may never see one like her again.

They made a "sandwich" out of Paige... She got long arms....!

Attachments

• paige.jpg
    paige.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 53
Reaction Score
Max, in a sequence of 6 high-speed photos, you have shown the world what an unusually gifted athlete Paige is.

Reaction Score
Good shots Max. Did you shoot these with a DSLR or a mirrorless? I tried getting my Sony Mirrorless with a 135MM f/1.8 lens into the Xavier-UCONN game in Cincinatti a few weeks ago and was barred at the door. Was not happy at that point!
I bring my Canon 5D Mark IV along with Canons 70-200 2.8 IS and 24-70 when we go to Walsh Gymnasium, the Seton Hall arena. It's a small building (seats ~1500), so no bad seats really. It's on campus and feels very intimate and friendly. The only times they sell out the building are when UConn women come to play. It has a distinct family atmosphere, lots of young girls with families, and they don't check anything at the entrance.

I use the telephoto lens for action shots and the 24-70 for pics of my daughter with players after the games. I take a few hundred photos of action (mostly in burst mode, like the pics I shared in this thread).

We also go to UConn men's games against Seton Hall at the Prudential Center. I don't bring my camera there, they have more serious security checks. And it's a pain to walk back to the parking to put away the camera.

Next time try detaching the lens from the body and carrying the two items separately, they are more likely to allow a smaller looking pieces. I do this when I go to the US Open tennis (I spend a whole day and take ~2500 photos).

Reaction Score
Some more pics from that game below.

Paige gets another rebound and Nika gets hit in the mouth from an inadvertent swipe from a SH player

The woman sitting on the Seton Hall bench near the extreme left has the same expression (covering mouth in amazement) in these and above photos :)

Attachments

• UConn2765B.jpg
    UConn2765B.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 50
  • UConn2766B.jpg
    UConn2766B.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 49
Reaction Score
Continuing...

Attachments

• UConn2763B.jpg
    UConn2763B.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 49
  • UConn2764B.jpg
    UConn2764B.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 48
Reaction Score
Continuing...

Attachments

• UConn2760B.jpg
    UConn2760B.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 46
  • UConn2762B.jpg
    UConn2762B.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 46
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers is a gifted, unique basketball player with many natural advantages:

She correctly judges time and distance. She doesn't do it consciously, however; it is automatic.

Her eyes see correctly and she has superior nervous, mental and muscular co-ordination. (She sees everything on the court and can anticipate opponents moves before they even do them.)

She can determine the movement required to gain an advantage without a seemingly conscious effort (The rebounding during the SH game while being sandwiched between two players is a perfect example.)

She knows the space required for a particular action and the infinitesimal time required for its completion. (Watch her driving to the basket for a layup between or around two or more defenders)

She is just built different. And she's a Husky through and through.

We love you Paige. Keep playing. Keep strong. Keep being an example for thousands of young girls who see in you what they one day strive to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom