Picks of the week? (part deux) | The Boneyard

Picks of the week? (part deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay HDH and W11, what do ya got this week? I'm following up my 0-for 3 with 3 sure fire locks.
I like WF getting 28 at FSU (line fluctuating b/w 27.5-28 last I saw). The under 56 is appealing, but I'm staying away from it.

I'm thinking of jumping on tOSU laying 16.5-17 v. Cal. With the Noon Eastern start for a West coast team, Braxton Miller maturing under Spurrier's system, and Cal has SUCKED so far this year, all signs point to OSU by 21 or better. Curious what the 1st half line is.

I also like the over 50 for UCF v. FIU.

Reaction Score
UCLA -17...Little worried about a letdown after the huge win, but they rolled up over 650 yards on Nebraska's D. I can't imagine what they will do to a Houston defense that is just awful. Their new coach looks to be way over his head too. I was down on the Jim Mora Jr. hire, but so far he has that team playing with a ton of confidence. Of course it helps their freshman QB Hundley looks like a stud.

Utah +4....Utah actually moved the ball better last week when Hays came in after Wynn got hurt. Hays will start the rest of the season. Both defenses are pretty good, this should be a really close game. I'll take the home dog in a huge rivalry game.

Louisville -3....Was pretty surprised to see this line. L'ville not getting much respect, Bridgewater has looked excellent through 2 games. UNC is talented and I like their coach Fedora but they just lost on the road at Wake Forest. If L'ville is truly a top 25 team they should be able to win this game at home by at least a FG.

Those are games that jumped out to me at first glance, I'm sure I'll play others as the week progresses!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm away for work so haven't had a shot to spend much time but Louisville/UNC looks like Cinci/Pitt to me.

Reaction Score
Haven't had much time but right know I like mizzou -6 @ home vs the sun devils. Also leaning texans-8 in nfl (may tease them).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think I posted the line when it came out that USF was -9.5 for Rutgers with a ha. That was a joke. Emotional win on the other side of the country coming back and a short week against a team that has been ramping up with Howard? I wasn't around to play it but that was ridiculous.

That's a brutal game tonight. Washington State laying 8 on the road or UNLV? Thanks but no thanks.

Penn State -7. That just seems too easy?
The UMass line is one of the strangest you'll ever see. Michigan lays 45 but the O/U is 53?
I think Boston College is brutally bad, and will probably play Northwestern -3.5, although I never have any luck with the Wildcats.
Hopefully UConn will settle at 2.5, but I'll play them at 3. 3.5 would be tough.
Missouri looks attractive at 3.
3 is the magic number this week. Like Tennessee at 3 a lot.
Maybe it's some sort of strange trap but I love Louisville at 3.
I wish Boise had stayed under 21.
I'm a sucker for Arkansas State, thinking about them at 23.
Seems insane, but I sort of like Memphis +4
It's a big number but NCSU -30.5 is on my radar.
Another big number and a road favorite, but maybe Mississippi St -16 @ Troy.
Wake and North Texas are two big dogs I like at first blush

Reaction Score
I also feel BC stinks.I'm surprised when I saw Northwestern only -3 at home after beating a decent sec team (vandy) They will most likely be a play. I loved mizzou at -6.5 but know it looks like starting qb and rb are out. Whaler believed u said u liked ucla at -17 playing at home vs a bad Houston team. I bet against ucla last week and they looked pretty impressive for the first time in a long time. I think they should win by 20+. No play but I also think tcu is going to crush Kansas. I like Houston -7 @ Jags and redskins -3.5. Thoughts?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I also feel BC stinks.I'm surprised when I saw Northwestern only -3 at home after beating a decent sec team (vandy) They will most likely be a play. I loved mizzou at -6.5 but know it looks like starting qb and rb are out. Whaler believed u said u liked ucla at -17 playing at home vs a bad Houston team. I bet against ucla last week and they looked pretty impressive for the first time in a long time. I think they should win by 20+. No play but I also think tcu is going to crush Kansas. I like Houston -7 @ Jags and redskins -3.5. Thoughts?

John was the one who liked UCLA.

TCU is interesting, Charlie Weis is fun to bet against. I saw the Missouri injuries after I posted still think I will be in if it's 2.5.

I think I'm going to grab that Michigan over.

Haven't even thought about the NFL yet. I had one play last week and it was Minnesota - so I hate Jacksonville right now.

Reaction Score
Another game I like for tomorrow: FIU +16.5 at UCF....classic sandwich game for UCF. They played at Ohio St last week and HOST Missouri next Saturday. FIU hasn't started the year great but I trust their coaching staff and I think they can keep the score within 2 TDs.

As for the NFL, it looks too easy but I like Cincy -7. I’m gonna pick against Brandon Weeden as much as I can...he is just awful. Richardson didn't look all that explosive last week either coming back from the knee injury. Their offense is terrible. Pass D was good but Joe Haden will be suspended for the next 4 games, I don't see anyone who can cover AJ Green. Bengals running game looked really good the other night before the Ravens blew the game open too, I expect them to run all over the Browns D.

Good luck to you guys this week!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here is what I went with:
BYU under 46.5
UMass +45.5
UConn -3
Ohio State -16.5
Penn State -7
Tennessee -3
Louisville -3
Michigan State -5.5
NC State over 51
North Texas +28
North Texas under 55
ECU over 55
Arizona State +6
Boston College +3.5- yes a Maryland like change of heart
Minnesota -2.5
Alabama Under 53.5

Reaction Score
I with 4-2 yesterday wins were; minnesota,ucla,louisville,penn st. and lost alabama under by 1 pt! and ohio st. Although both losses were my two smallest bets. So yesterday was a good day. For the NFL I did a ravens/houston teaser (looking real good). For 4 o'clock I liked redskins -4 all week but for some reason I am know a little worried especially with garcon out. I just feel redskins are better defensively and Griffen is a play maker. I also like cowboys -4 and Jets +5 1/2. What ya guys think??

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Based on the run I'm on I'd say do opposite of what I think.

Reaction Score
I went 1-2, won the UCF-FIU pick, lost taking tOSU and WF. Thismakes me 1-5 for the year. What was I thinking w/ WF? FSU covered that spread by half time.

Reaction Score
Had a really good week which means it's all downhill from here on out! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member