Pick Your Poison - Duke or 'Cuse Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Poison - Duke or 'Cuse Tonight

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can i opt for a root canal instead?
A root canal really isn't that bad. I'd easily take a root canal. I root for a tie going into the 5th overtime. then with both teams still on the sidelines (no need for anyone to get hurt...well too bad at least. A piece of plastic could graze Grayson Allen on the way down), the center scoreboard collapse to center court. They have to find an alternate venue to finish on Sunday before the Elite 8. Duke wins, but has to play without Allen and gets pummeled.

Plus UConn has a Hurley now. It's bad juju to root against his brother's alma mater at this point.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Married a Cuse grad 25 years ago. I always have to feign interest in their hoops team.
genericredcard-cropped_ts2x13f7du1l1lrr0hwif3yvk.jpg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That word doesn't mean what you think it means. Two of the five most painful losses in UConn history were delivered by Duke.

Exactly. There's a reason we hate Duke!!! I'm still not over Laettner's buzzer beater, even though we've taken 2 titles out of their pocket.

I suppose younger fans/alum only hate Duke because, well, Duke sucks. But those of us who were watching by 1990 have always detested them.

(I don't think I agree that the second NCAA loss, by itself, is in the top 5 losses.)

Reaction Score
Ughhh....do I have to?

Fine. Power goes out and game is cancelled. Or, this goes to tons of overtimes until everyone fouls out and the game is called.

Or if I must....sigh....Duke over Cuse. Next round: Clemson over Duke....or failing that Kansas over Duke in another matchup that is painfully unappealing. .

Reaction Score
I want whoever wins tonight to lose by 30 on Sunday. I hope Duke win by 30 tonight.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
A root canal really isn't that bad. I'd easily take a root canal. I root for a tie going into the 5th overtime. then with both teams still on the sidelines (no need for anyone to get hurt...well too bad at least. A piece of plastic could graze Grayson Allen on the way down), the center scoreboard collapse to center court. They have to find an alternate venue to finish on Sunday before the Elite 8. Duke wins, but has to play without Allen and gets pummeled.

Plus UConn has a Hurley now. It's bad juju to root against his brother's alma mater at this point.

It's never bad juju to root against Duke. Not debatable.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Might’ve been @August_West who said it but I will echo whoever’s sentiment it was:

I will root for North Korea before I root for Cuse.

Cuse can lick my taint

Exactly. There's a reason we hate Duke!!! I'm still not over Laettner's buzzer beater, even though we've taken 2 titles out of their pocket.

I suppose younger fans/alum only hate Duke because, well, Duke sucks. But those of us who were watching by 1990 have always detested them.

(I don't think I agree that the second NCAA loss, by itself, is in the top 5 losses.)

It's fine to detest Duke.

If you detest them more than Syracuse you may be sick in the head.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Cuse can lick my taint

It's fine to detest Duke.

If you detest them more than Syracuse you may be sick in the head.

I don't take rooting advice from fat guitar players

I am sick in the head but I don't know what that has anything to do with this

August_West

Reaction Score
Two of the five most painful losses in UConn history were delivered by Duke.

One. 1990.

Please dont try and say 1991 loss in the sweet 16 to a 2 seed (and eventual National champion) when we were an 11 was "painful". It shouldve happened.

All losses are painful. There is nothing painful about 91 besides the fact it was a loss.

We already had played 2 rounds above our heads.

August_West

Reaction Score
I don't take rooting advice from fat guitar players

I am sick in the head but I don't know what that has anything to do with this

Cherokee Parks?

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Duke.

It's really not that hard of a choice.

I totally agree. I'll root for anyone else against Duke, but never the Orange. I told my wife that I'd pull for that Taliban over Syracuse this morning, she thought that was a bit much.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What a name. 100% guaranteed you smoked opium on the '78 tour with his parents.
Auggie was 11 years old then.

He definitely did.

Reaction Score
As much as I hate Syracuse, I want them to win. Even if they do, they're not winning it all. My thing is, Duke has 5 titles, being only 1 behind them, I don't want them having a shot at 6. I'd like to think with Hurley in now, within a couple years, we'll be competing again and would love to be tied, with a chance to pass Duke for amount of titles. I hate both schools, but Cuse does us a favor by letting another Duke team, favored to win it all, lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom