Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Song by a Group/Artist

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I hate her tats, but love her voice and picking one is impossible. Can believe this one is still on the table, but old reliable search engine says it is. BTW I write the artist and the song out, rather than just stick up the song, so I can search and be assured At least old forgetful didn't already post it.:

Christine Perry A Thousand Years

Reaction Score
I would probably have gone with "If You Could Read my Mind."

I thought about "Early Morning Rain" but that's just my Kingston Trio thing kicking in.

We're clear on Operator for Jim Croce though, right?

Ooooo good call for Jim Croce but "Photographs & Memories" and "Time In A Bottle" are tied for my favorite Croce songs.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So I'm really conflicted between Wide Open Spaces and Cowboy Take Me Away. What to do? Lemme go find my Lawn Jarts....Oh wait, they're illegal now. "Room to make a big mistake" takes on a whole new meaning when Jarts are around, so I'll go with the cowboy.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Starting to mix the guys in again and going across the spectrum: Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman (over acting; ignore and listen) Time To Say Goodbye

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Okay, I'll dive in to the Bruce .... Springsteen. My problem with him forever was I loved the band and the arrangements, the energy, more than anything he brought to it. And then came his album Wrecking Ball, which I consider the greatest contemporary comment on where we are. Everything in it is a triumph. So I'll just go with the ball sans Miley Cyrus's bare arse:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So I'm really conflicted between Wide Open Spaces and Cowboy Take Me Away. What to do? Lemme go find my Lawn Jarts....Oh wait, they're illegal now. "Room to make a big mistake" takes on a whole new meaning when Jarts are around, so I'll go with the cowboy.

@RockyMTblue2 I believe that they can't be sold over the counter anymore, but they have not been in on the MUST turn in list by the Government. If they have I won't tell anyone that I still have two complete sets and play it every once in a while.:D:D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Okay...I love these kids. So its 2 for me. VIOLATION. Others have done it. PS22 with a different guest artist.

1:14 in ... just look at those kids living it. Don't get misty now.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
@RockyMTblue2 I believe that they can't be sold over the counter anymore, but they have not been in on the MUST turn in list by the Government. If they have I won't tell anyone that I still have two complete sets and play it every once in a while.:D:D

Couldn't help yourself! Shame, shame. But funny. Yeah, they should have buttoned it. Or maybe I should just say: "From my cold dead hands!"

Reaction Score
Got to say I've been a fan of soft and spacey latin jazz for some time now.

Flora Purim is one of those artists, and her "You Love me Only" is right at the top of my most favorites:

Reaction Score
Jeff Beck does a great cover of this Stevie Wonder song. Fantastic bass solo by Tal Wilkenfeld...

Reaction Score
Leon Russell - a lot of good ones, but "Back to the Island" is special:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member