Pick a second team to root for | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pick a second team to root for

Reaction Score
It used to be Villanova, because of what Harry did for Nykesha, but now with Shea at Vandy, that's my new second favorite team

Reaction Score
UNC and OU. Both teams have not been good recently. But I am excited about their future direction under 2nd year UNC HC Courtney Banghart and first year OU HC Jennie Baranczyk.

Reaction Score
Harvard on the Bayou! I just wish they would get rid of the whole, "colonel" thing and move into the 21st century. Sure, they ditched the cartoony confederate mascot but replaced him with something almost worse. Oh well. Baby steps, I suppose, even if they are little goosesteps..

Reaction Score
Mississippi State is 1st as an alum
UT next because of history, geography, respect for what Summitt did for the sport and players like Catchings
Duke next because I lived in Greensboro for many years and make the trek to the campus when Gail was coaching and saw a few games. Fantastic school and venue. I liked Lawson as a player (she did beat MSU 3 times at the ends of games though) and on ESPN, hope she is successful
Uconn, because of the awesome people on this board, respect for what Geno has accomplished, players like Bird and Moore, and how they raised the bar so high it took some time for others to catch up.

I wouldn't say I really "root" for other programs but always liked Tara and glad she won another one before she retires. I also wish Vic success at Texas. Back closer to my roots I am (sort of) glad Coach Yo has Ole Miss trending in a positive direction just because they've been on the bottom for so long and the sport has been forgotten about on campus. Also living outside Atlanta I pay attention to UGA and Tech, glad both seem to be headed in good directions right now.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great BBQ? - Just curious. As you may or may not know, Rutgers first NCAA tourney appearance of the CVS era was 1998 in Ames, where we defeated Iowa State. Vivian had only left Iowa a few years earlier, so I will agree that fans were generally nice, saying nice things about CVS in particular. They were very into it, and very disappointed with the outcome.

We happened to stay at the Holiday Inn which turned out to be where Rutgers was as well. Rode the "outside" elevator down with a Rutgers staffer on board and he pointed out the "Bull Semen Institute" located across the way. Different experience for us NJ folks (at the time).
My youngest daughter played in a Christmas tournament at Iowa State. The people could not have been more gracious. We were assigned a section complete with our own set of host (volunteer fans). After the game our players and coaches were getting ready to leave when the entire Iowa State team came and found us and took the entire team + parents ( about a dozen) to a banquet room for a fantastic full post game meal. It was one of the fans that recommend the restaurant where I had the best BBQ beef ribs I've ever had in my life.

Reaction Score
after uconn it's South carolina , this two team are the best

Reaction Score
I don't know there's another team that I watch consistently, but I'm a huge fan of CTT at AZ State. She's done a lot over the years with very few top tier players and they are almost always good for some sort of a good size upset too. Mad respect. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Mercury and the Storm. Try as I might I can't come up with another D I team. Think I'll give Quinippiac this fall.

Reaction Score
Grew up in NoVa (Northern Virginia) and am a little partial to Virginia schools and UMd, since it was the only major school around the area. I've been in Maine now for half my 70 years, so I like to see those schools do well, especially since they are usually an underdog (exceptions - UMaine hockey under Shawn Walsh and baseball under John Winkin and Southern Maine women's basketball back about 20 years ago.) As a Christian, I like Liberty to do well. Pretty remarkable how far they've come in football and basketball in a relatively short time. As far as D1 women's basketball programs, I'll echo what others have said - any school with a UConn grad at the helm.

Reaction Score
I would rather give up on WCBB than choose a second team.
I will rethink my position if Shea succeeds.

Reaction Score
UVA - ever since we moved to Charlottesville in 2012. Tough to be a fan, but I still have hope. Also root for Louisville (I met Jeff once and he was very nice) and DePaul (met Doug too, plus a friend of Geno is a friend of mine). Going forward I’ll sure be pulling for Shea and Vandy!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I can only pick one?

come on.gif

Reaction Score
Penn (played for them), Northwestern (son is an alumnus), Harvard (MBA). Penn is the only school I will root for against UConn, and only in men's basketball. After leaving Penn, and serving in the U.S. Army, I transferred (and graduated from) UConn. The Huskies will always my first love, unless they play Penn, whose uniform I wore.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My youngest daughter played in a Christmas tournament at Iowa State. The people could not have been more gracious. We were assigned a section complete with our own set of host (volunteer fans). After the game our players and coaches were getting ready to leave when the entire Iowa State team came and found us and took the entire team + parents ( about a dozen) to a banquet room for a fantastic full post game meal. It was one of the fans that recommend the restaurant where I had the best BBQ beef ribs I've ever had in my life.
While we have had great recommendations from fans in different towns, but I had no idea on BBQ in Ames. Back when we traveled around with Rutgers, my wife was responsible for finding a good restaurant, preferably BBQ, to have dinner with another couple that traveled similar to how we did. Don't think they were in Ames, but they were in Nashville for the next round (we lost). My wife found an old fashioned and famous breakfast place a bit out of town that was delish. Always counted on the locals for recommendations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom