Pic of Rent Scoreboard in Progress | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pic of Rent Scoreboard in Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh the humanity. Who cares? I just want to see football.

the last football game was played there in 2012. It's a huge deal that they couldn't get this in place in time.

Reaction Score
Should have been ready for the soccer game a few weeks ago to work the kinks out

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Oh the humanity. Who cares? I just want to see football.

While I agree with you premise (I think you're advocating for on field results > embellishments to our stadium), it does speak poorly upon the athletic department/stadium operator, state funding, university...whoever oversaw this operation. This is a year that UCONN needs to put its best foot forward, both on the field and off, and this kind of mismanagement shows disorganization. There is no excuse that the new scoreboard and ribbon boards are not in place right now or by the time Opening Night rolls in about 4 weeks from now.

Reaction Score
Beyond this F up, I am very interested to see if Warde will be changing the game day experience at all. He came on board too late in the game to make any real changes last year but we'll see. Would love an end to the incessant time out advertising, DJ Joey, in game reporter stuff. Let the award winning Pride of CT play their stuff

Reaction Score
Only a big committee could design the cluterf**ck that is the "management" system of the Rent. UConn has to pay $170,000 / game to play in a building that only exists because of its football team. Everyone is charge, no one is in charge. They have barely figured the parking out after 10 years, and it's a new drill every season. Sadly not surprised by this. Expect 'portable' board to be up for Michigan game.

Are you seriously telling me the company installing this thing can't work 24/7 & weekends to get this done?

Reaction Score
Beyond this F up, I am very interested to see if Warde will be changing the game day experience at all. He came on board too late in the game to make any real changes last year but we'll see. Would love an end to the incessant time out advertising, DJ Joey, in game reporter stuff. Let the award winning Pride of CT play their stuff

I agree about DJ Joey, but Emily Noonan has grown on me in a huge way, so I'd like to see her stay. More UCMB too, much more.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Completely unacceptable. But when you don't own your own stadium and have to deal with state bureacracy who is really surprised?

Combination of State Government financing the deal late + the transition from Bushnell to Spectrum Global + falling off behind schedule due to existing stadium bookings (i.e. USMNT) probably all had something to do with it.

Reaction Score
To each his own I guess, to me a huge issue would mean the game itself is threatened (like opening night two years ago). I'm old and old school, I'm not concerned about bells and whistles.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We paid for the scoreboard and expect it to be ready for opening game. They've had all summer since Malloy signed the bonding bill to get this done. This is a huge red 'X' against the new stadium management company.

As for other stadium gameday embellishments: Dairy Bar vendors. Get this done, Warde.

Reaction Score
not sure I'd blame Global Spectrum. Their heads are probably spinning from all the state bureaucracy they have to deal with.

Maybe they can borrow a few busway builders for a couple of days.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Here's a pic of the Towson scoreboard:
multisport1.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I believe we are winning 7-5 but its 4th and 13 somewhere in the 2nd quarter.

uploadfromtaptalk1375731543052.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Only a big committee could design the cluterf**ck that is the "management" system of the Rent. UConn has to pay $170,000 / game to play in a building that only exists because of its football team. Everyone is charge, no one is in charge. They have barely figured the parking out after 10 years, and it's a new drill every season. Sadly not surprised by this. Expect 'portable' board to be up for Michigan game.

Are you seriously telling me the company installing this thing can't work 24/7 & weekends to get this done?

Nope. Not if their working under a state contract, for a state agency, which means that all work not performed by actual state labor unions, be done in accordance with state labor union mandates. We've been through this discussion.

Ask questions of the people that you vote for, and vote based on their answers. Learn from things like this.

Reaction Score
This thing seriously won't be there for the opener? Like is this real life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom