photos for Kim | Page 3 | The Boneyard

photos for Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Geno should assign Ben Kantor (video coordinator and temporary assistant coach) the task of putting together a montage of all of Baylor's uncalled fouls and send it to the NCAA.
I don't disagree with the sentiment but Geno was quite clear on the number of shytes he gives on the matter.

Reaction Score
Carrington was the culprit in a lot of the bad actions in this game. She should go into acting. She is a very good flopper. She got all the calls all game long. She didn't get the big one. Karma or justice or it's our time. I don't care we are still playing and Kim and the foulers are home crying and whining.
She probably models her game after Lebron ..

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
It is what it is. And fair is fair. Tit for tat. LOL. UConn gets the Victory and the ticket to the final four. Eat fungus and die naysayers.
?, love it, it's the way we grew up. you could be my publicist, while I have no need for one, however I love your style.

Reaction Score
I think the problem comes down to Baylor thinking the game should be called differently (read tighter) in end of game situations versus the rest of the game. I personally don't think that's fair to expect players to suddenly change the way they play after 39 minutes, and not fair to expect the refs to change the way they call the game after 39 minutes. If Baylor is unhappy that the refs allowed a physical game, then that's a different argument, but I have not heard any one from that side say that. Teams that have the athletes to play physical usually do against UConn because they know if you can't slow UConn down you lose.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I think the problem comes down to Baylor thinking the game should be called differently (read tighter) in end of game situations versus the rest of the game. I personally don't think that's fair to expect players to suddenly change the way they play after 39 minutes, and not fair to expect the refs to change the way they call the game after 39 minutes. If Baylor is unhappy that the refs allowed a physical game, then that's a different argument, but I have not heard any one from that side say that. Teams that have the athletes to play physical usually do against UConn because they know if you can't slow UConn down you lose.
What they want is for the game to be called differently for them than for us. We're all a little myopic when it comes to our own faults, but they have been exposed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What they want us for the game to be called differently for them than for us. We're all a little myopic when it comes to our own faults, but they have been exposed.
Very true. There's a lot of that going around these days: I want what I want and I don't care how or if I have to bend myself into a hypocritical pretzel to get it. If Baylor fans or Coach Mulkey or Carrington had said it just like you just did, I'd respect that more. I wouldn't agree with it, but at least it would be upfront and honest.

Reaction Score
Awesome Job TB12. Caught in the act I'd say....You live by the sword, you die by the sword. No sympathy for Baylor here.....
Carrington was called for a charge at 9:04, and at 7:24 in the 19 point run, & should have been called for a charge on the final play of the game. As I said in another post, if you drive your car at full speed into a thicket of tall trees, & then complain that your windshield is broken, well........

Reaction Score
UConn was 15 points better than Baylor in a cleaner game.

Reaction Score
Geno should assign Ben Kantor (video coordinator and temporary assistant coach) the task of putting together a montage of all of Baylor's uncalled fouls and send it to the NCAA.
And Kim

Reaction Score
This was my favorite. Carrington had 5 or 6 fouls alone in a 5 minute span in the 3rd qtr alone. She should have been out of the game way before that last shot attempt
Geno said "I asked the ref why a Baylor player is lying on top of Paige on the floor, & he replied "I don't know" ".

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Didn't they call the foul on Richards? If true, the refs couldn't have called Carrington for a flagrant foul - even though it was!!!
Actually they can even if another person is called for a foul a flagrant act if noted in a review can be called. It happened a few years ago in the MW tournament.

Reaction Score
Peck was on Sports Center after the Arizona game and said the refs let a lot of stuff go and did not think it was a Controversial call
Carrington's last second 'Hail Mary' drive was a charge, pure & simple - as she had been charged at 9:04 & 7:24 of the 4th, in the 19 point run. Look, & you'll find more.

Reaction Score
Carrington's last second 'Hail Mary' drive was a charge, pure & simple - as she had been charged at 9:04 & 7:24 of the 4th, in the 19 point run. Look, & you'll find more.
Agree; our players were stationary, if the shooter goes through them, it's a charge; if she's trying to draw contact, she will encounter physical obstacles. If she pulls up for the shot she is clear.

Reaction Score
Also, I mentioned the foul called on Aubrey that shoot have been on Didi when she was standing in the circle and Aubrey was called for charging. Didi should have been called for blocking. You can't draw a charge if your in the circle.
if you're in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc