Photo: Caroline's homecoming at the dorm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Photo: Caroline's homecoming at the dorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
C'mon down to SC.... I'll show you boonies. We have places that don't have cable tv! Imagine.....

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Beat me to it. BTW, the Dairy Bar is the one eternal truth in Storrs. Was great in the 17th :rolleyes: century when I attended and remains so. I lived in the Towers for 4 years in the mid-60s, the Dairy Bar blessedly was a very short walk.
Worked there for 18 months or so...good memories!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
C'mon down to SC.... I'll show you boonies. We have places that don't have cable tv! Imagine.....

Heck.... SC has places that still have outhouses in the backyard.............:D

Come to think of it.. so does NC :oops:

T

TroyHouse66

<<Heck.... SC has places that still have outhouses in the backyard.............:D>>
<<<Come to think of it.. so does NC :oops:>>>

Let's not get personal about this.
In Silver City, Nevada... my outhouse is between the wood shed and the rabbit hutch.
Late in the afternoon, with the door open.. y'all can watch the sun set over the Sierra Nevada as you conduct business.
She's a beauty... a 1936 courtesy of President Roooos-e-velt and the WPA boys. I could never get my last wife to use her even when, many times, I explained the calm & peaceful comfort one gets withOUT all that noisy rushing-of-water agitation those wall-mounted water closets create.

[We really DON'T say "y'all" in Nevada... I just wanted to make all-y'all feel at home]
Silver City is 30 miles and a hundred years outside of Reno... on the Comstock Silver Lode south of Virginia City...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hold it - you mean you guys have more than a slit trench?! My dad was in WWII and he said it was good enough for then, its good enough for now! :confused:
And as for cable, it was only in the last year that I could pick up a single bar of cell phone reception at my house which is within 1 mile of the Uconn campus!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oh, I see you never been to Storrs. The streets are paved in hardwood and there are basketball hoops every 10 feet. Students are given laptops and basketballs as part of enrollment and bounce the balls while going to class. We also win a lot of basketball championships.

No, never been to Storrs.... only have passed through your state on the way to Boston..... via 84. Would love to visit a few cities one day... Danbury, Waterbury, Hartford, New Haven and Bridgeport top my list. No offense to the good members of the Boneyard... but I'd rather not ever step foot in Storrs. :oops: I have my reasons :(

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
<<Heck.... SC has places that still have outhouses in the backyard.............:D>>
<<<Come to think of it.. so does NC :oops:>>>

Let's not get personal about this.
In Silver City, Nevada... my outhouse is between the wood shed and the rabbit hutch.
Late in the afternoon, with the door open.. y'all can watch the sun set over the Sierra Nevada as you conduct business.
She's a beauty... a 1936 courtesy of President Roooos-e-velt and the WPA boys. I could never get my last wife to use her even when, many times, I explained the calm & peaceful comfort one gets withOUT all that noisy rushing-of-water agitation those wall-mounted water closets create.

[We really DON'T say "y'all" in Nevada... I just wanted to make all-y'all feel at home]
Silver City is 30 miles and a hundred years outside of Reno... on the Comstock Silver Lode south of Virginia City...

I've lived in Tahoe and Reno for the last 25 years and have never made it out to Silver City. I've obviously been to VIrginia City a bunch of times but never ventured further. I'll have to do that one of these days. Honestly didnt know people still lived there!

Reaction Score
I thought Caroline and Stefanie were room mates (I thought I heard Stef say that losing Caroline as a rommate was one of the reasons she was going to miss Caroline next year) and if that is so why would they not decorate the door for the both of them.

Reaction Score
I thought Caroline and Stefanie were room mates (I thought I heard Stef say that losing Caroline as a rommate was one of the reasons she was going to miss Caroline next year) and if that is so why would they not decorate the door for the both of them.

Maybe they did. Caroline tweeted a picture of her door.

Reaction Score

My guess is that is Caroline's room in the shared apartment.

I lived in the same complex my final year at UConn; each apartment has four bedrooms, so each girl has her own room, Caroline probably just took a picture of her door.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
No, never been to Storrs.... only have passed through your state on the way to Boston..... via 84. Would love to visit a few cities one day... Danbury, Waterbury, Hartford, New Haven and Bridgeport top my list. No offense to the good members of the Boneyard... but I'd rather not ever step foot in Storrs. :oops: I have my reasons :(

There is zero need to go to Waterbury and Bridgeport.. I'd highly recommend against visiting there. lol, you are honestly the only person I have ever heard say Waterbury and Bridgeport are at the top of your list for cities to visit.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
depends on what you're looking for... every town/city in America has something historic about them

T

TroyHouse66

<<...out to Silver City (?). I've obviously been to VIrginia City a bunch of times but never ventured further. I'll have to do that one of these days. Honestly didnt know people still lived there!>>

CA-
We prefer it that way & do quite well with that.
You'd have to come two blocks upslope from the Comstock highway to observe anything resembling post-1920 structures. (National Register... Comstock Historic District recognition/protections, you know)
The ratio of PhDs, professors, archaeologists, historians, geologists, librarians, teachers to the overall (circa 150) population is claimed to be the greatest in the Silver State.
If you can make it... July 27th, 2013 is planned to be the town's Silver City Ball... once every five years, or so. We (the Silver City Vol Fire Dept, Founded 1863) have been holding these, intermittently, since the '70s ... (1970s, not 1870s... it's sometimes hard to tell).
Pack your tie-dyes, headbands, and bell bottoms. Fire up your ride ("If this van is rockin', don't bother knock'n"). I'm not sure who is booked, but the officially voted, long-standing, Town Band is the Grateful Dead.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There is zero need to go to Waterbury and Bridgeport.. I'd highly recommend against visiting there. lol, you are honestly the only person I have ever heard say Waterbury and Bridgeport are at the top of your list for cities to visit.

Top of my list of cities to visit in Connecticut..... not in the US. ;) Not an extended visit.... just a drive through town.... explore the downtown area.... and then move on to the next city. I forgot to mention Stamford on my list.

depends on what you're looking for... every town/city in America has something historic about them

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog