Phillip Nolan?? | The Boneyard

Phillip Nolan??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WTF?? Only 2 rebounds for the whole tourney, one Memphis, and one Cincy and none today.

If he was employed he'd be fired. Ollie needs to do something here to send him a wake up call, I'm not sure what to do but I'm not the coach.

As our starting Center that's unacceptable. Hell when Tyler gets healthy I'd roll with him and AB only. If I'm going to get no production then I'd give it to Tyler as a senior and a thank you for service.

Pick on Omar all you want but he's not alone in the lack of production department. As far as I'm concerned Nolan has worn out his free pass.

I know I'm frustrated and on a rant but the kid is on scholarship from a Div 1 elite basketball school and is our starting player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yea it's not very good when your center has 8 more fouls then rebounds in a 3 game span. The good news you can take out of these games is Amida is learning how to stay on the floor longer. The more he's in the game, the better off we are.

Reaction Score
Phil Nolan is useless. He seemed to be playing with some passion and aggression the last few games of the regular season but that is long gone.

The only thing he is even remotely decent at is drawing charges (a surprising development). Other than that he is awful. Never boxes out and protects the rim equally effectively when he's on the bench as when he's on the floor. It's a layup line when he's in.

Reaction Score
Nolan didn't play because our other big guys did a better job tonight. If you want to blame someone blame the guards

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Nolan needs to be in better position for rebounds. He got hammered in the last two games.

Reaction Score
He doesn't have the body to do what he's being asked to do at this level. He is trying, but we have few options here.

He's 6'10. And he's put on weight. He has a much better body for rebounding than shabazz. Or giffey. Yet they manage a few rebounds

Is he trying? Cuz that would mean attempting to box out. Something he rarely does. He may not be the biggest guy but it's inexcusable to be a 6'10 starting center for uconn and not manage more than two rebounds over a three
Game span in the conference tournament. He stinks

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Nolan isn't a starting center. His game isn't made to be banging with bigs. He should play a lot more 4 next year next to Brimah and will probably become a better rebounder when he can focus on just rebounding with Brimah protecting the rim instead of trying to do both when he is awful at shot blocking to protect the rim.

Reaction Score
It was interesting to see both Nolan and Brimah on the floor at the same time. Unfortunately, it was not effective.

Reaction Score
Effort is a big part of rebounding.

What I don't understand is why TO gets zero minutes when Nolan is playing this poorly.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
WTF?? Only 2 rebounds for the whole tourney, one Memphis, and one Cincy and none today.

If he was employed he'd be fired. Ollie needs to do something here to send him a wake up call, I'm not sure what to do but I'm not the coach.

As our starting Center that's unacceptable. Hell when Tyler gets healthy I'd roll with him and AB only. If I'm going to get no production then I'd give it to Tyler as a senior and a thank you for service.

Pick on Omar all you want but he's not alone in the lack of production department. As far as I'm concerned Nolan has worn out his free pass.

I know I'm frustrated and on a rant but the kid is on scholarship from a Div 1 elite basketball school and is our starting player.
So what you're saying is that he has as many rebounds as photo bombs!

I guess that wouldn't be bad if he was senhor testiculo!

Reaction Score
Funny stuff in this thread…..kid plays hard. He's a 6'8" forward asked to play center and play minutes vs people bigger and stronger. He doesn't rebound well and that is on him, he needs to do less jumping to the ball and more boxing out. look at the box out the other night vs Jackson on the block one on one - great job needs to do more. Some of that is being in position when the ball goes up, these guys don't read well and are caught behind the other teams smarter player. He's had some good games and some not so, but again he's doing the best he can despite being out of position.

If you said he's a waste of a scholly you wasted space in this thread that's for sure!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Funny stuff in this thread…..kid plays hard.

Yeah, but he has to direct his effort better. Like when he breaks off from setting a pick too early so he can roll to the hoop. He fancies himself a scorer. He has has to cut that crap out and just worry about getting a offensive rebound. Whenever he touches the ball on O, all I hope for is that we don't lose the ball on a TO or a horrible miss. His job for the next 6 games is get some rebounds and not up too bad while Brimah is sitting.

Reaction Score
He may play hard, but he's not good. Hard to say a waste of a scholly since who did we miss on by taking him. I bought the hype about him having a good summer, etc.

He and Leo will be backups next year, who really thought Leo would get minutes this year?

Funny stuff in this thread…..kid plays hard. He's a 6'8" forward asked to play center and play minutes vs people bigger and stronger. He doesn't rebound well and that is on him, he needs to do less jumping to the ball and more boxing out. look at the box out the other night vs Jackson on the block one on one - great job needs to do more. Some of that is being in position when the ball goes up, these guys don't read well and are caught behind the other teams smarter player. He's had some good games and some not so, but again he's doing the best he can despite being out of position.

If you said he's a waste of a scholly you wasted space in this thread that's for sure!

Reaction Score
He may play hard, but he's not good. Hard to say a waste of a scholly since who did we miss on by taking him. I bought the hype about him having a good summer, etc.

He and Leo will be backups next year, who really thought Leo would get minutes this year?

He's not bad either and his minutes will be the same unless you see someone coming in that's big and has the experience to play in the post at all??

Reaction Score
Nolan is who he is: a skinny guy with decent skills who doesn't have the toughness to play in the post against high-major physicality -- and he plays like he knows it.

He's exactly what we should have expected for a spring signing (who, by definition, wasn't highly coveted). The problem isn't Nolan, it's that we had a mass exodus of players at the exact time our recruiting fell off so badly that a guy of his pedigree is getting major, even starter's, minutes.

Reaction Score

Right here D Money. Shouldn't you be focusing more on gettin' that paper rather than complaining about Nolan?

But yeah, I actually agree with most of what is said here. I guess I apologize for wanting to support the only potential starting center other than Brimah on my favorite team. I made a huge mistake, and I am a huge a**hole for wanting to give him a chance early in the season. Especially considering the fact that he had some productive games....

Cmon' man!! We are playing elite teams at this point. I know Nolan isn't good enough to keep up with guys like Harrel and Jackson down low but I was hoping he would get better playing lesser teams and build enough to sustain his own a little bit. What else do you suppose we do when Brimah gets in foul trouble? Put Giffey, Kromah or Daniels at center? We can do that for a few minutes but eventually guys like Harrell will wear them down and get some of our more key players into foul trouble.

I really hope Nolan steps it up but he just doesn't have the toughness. He has some skill, nice footwork and he really can leap. But he just doesn't have that killer mentality. Something we wouldn't have known if we hadn't given him a chance like your brilliant suggestion 2 games into the season.

Next year our best bigs will probably be Brimah, Facey (with added weight) and Lubin. Nolan will probably still get some time and will probably be an okay contributor by his senior year, even against elite competition.

Anyway, I guess you want me to say that I was wrong and it sucks being a fallible human being like everyone else here.

But really D Money, do you really give a about my opinion or is it that you have underlying insecurities that are causing you to use the BY as an outlet to display your wanted image of being a tough guy pimp Uconn loving gangster that you never were? Or maybe I am just talking out of my a** for the hell of it?

It really doesn't matter because I enjoy the fact that by the time you get to this sentence your going to wish you never read this at all because I probably just wasted 3 minutes of our precious time here on earth that we will never get back.

So have a *y day and don't call my name again bc I don't really know you, and I really don't care about your existence except for the fact that you allowed me to type like a huge idiot a**hole and not really care about the consequences because we will never meet in our lifetime.

PS. F B*tches, get money, Cash Rules Everything Around Me, And Don't holla at me no mo D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom