Pheesa starting it all | The Boneyard

Pheesa starting it all

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
pheesa collage 1.jpg

Reaction Score
CTFJR - I used to miss that shot like a tiny tot misses his blankee. (Nice Pheessa photo)

Reaction Score
She's been one of my favorite players. She like a quiet assassin.
totally agree, I don't know how many times i thought "Pheesa was good but a little quiet today" and then looked at the box score to find she had scored 20+. although today i knew she torched the nets

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You heard it here first......................Pheesa will be playing professional basketball for the foreseeable future, beginning next year.
Regardless (in spite of) of all of the talent coming out of college next year, she will be a top 5 - 1st round draft pick.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why she played only 17 minutes last night? I'd have thought the players with nagging injuries would be those playing the shortest amount of time. Does Napheesa have a nagging injury?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why she played only 17 minutes last night? I'd have thought the players with nagging injuries would be those playing the shortest amount of time. Does Napheesa have a nagging injury?
after she scored her 25th point, I just figured she was done for the day, which she was. Geno tries to keep his players within certain statistical limits if he doesn't need them in the game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You heard it here first.......Pheesa will be playing professional basketball for the foreseeable future, beginning next year.
Regardless (in spite of) of all of the talent coming out of college next year, she will be a top 5 - 1st round draft pick.
3 Huskys in the top 5: Pheesa, Lou and Z.

Reaction Score
Scoop posted "coming out of college next year" in his post, so I assumed...
thanks. Now I see that. But Scoop also said "beginning next year". Scoop: do you mean summer of 2019?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Napheesa has an amazing ability to find the "blue sky" inside. Combination of athletic ability, flexibility, instinct, and countless hours of practice. As a slightly undersized four, it is her ticket to success. Her outside shot is also greatly improved and that will be very important for her at the next level.

We know what a great passer Lou has become, but how many know that Napheesa has 111 assists this year, versus 110 for Lou? A little friendly rivalry, perhaps? That assumes they are aware of it, which they probably are not. And speaking of going about her business quietly, who knew Napheesa had nine assists against Saint Francis?

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
We know what a great passer Lou has become, but how many know that Napheesa has 111 assists this year, versus 110 for Lou? A little friendly rivalry, perhaps? That assumes they are aware of it, which they probably are not. And speaking of going about her business quietly, who knew Napheesa had nine assists against Saint Francis?
All the more notable because last year Phee was the only starter with fewer than 100 assists.

Reaction Score
Napheesa has an amazing ability to find the "blue sky" inside. Combination of athletic ability, flexibility, instinct, and countless hours of practice. As a slightly undersized four, it is her ticket to success. Her outside shot is also greatly improved and that will be very important for her at the next level.

I just looked at the team stats and see she leads the team in points. I think she did last year also- veerrry quietly.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In my humble opinion, she doesn't get the mentions that others get because she goes about things so quietly. Glad you love her. Me too.

Phee was practically invisible in the HBO series on UConn last year, a most magical year for her, and you had to surmise that that was how she wanted it. She's on an unbelievable roll, let her alone type thinking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom