Pheesa and Dorka tonight! | The Boneyard

Pheesa and Dorka tonight!

Reaction Score
Living out here on the west coast, I was able to watch MN vs. LA. Pheesa scored 25 in a close win, and Dorka played 29 mins and scored 9 pts. Importantly, she was in at the end of the game, and stopped Nmeka down low in the last minute in a 3 point game. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Living out here on the west coast, I was able to watch MN vs. LA. Pheesa scored 25 in a close win, and Dorka played 29 mins and scored 9 pts. Importantly, she was in at the end of the game, and stopped Nmeka down low in the last minute in a 3 point game. Go Huskies!
My impression from viewing on tv was that Dorka, throughout the game, smothered Nneka Ogwumike. When Dorka was off court or guarding someone else Ogwumike was able to bresk out and score. Her defense is really tight, blocking movement and denying the ball at the same time. In addition, she had several deflections, two steals and at least one block. She is shy on offense but a tiger on defense. Fun to watch.

Reaction Score

History Of The World Part I Shrug GIF
:)

Reaction Score
My impression from viewing on tv was that Dorka, throughout the game, smothered Nneka Ogwumike. When Dorka was off court or guarding someone else Ogwumike was able to bresk out and score. Her defense is really tight, blocking movement and denying the ball at the same time. In addition, she had several deflections, two steals and at least one block. She is shy on offense but a tiger on defense. Fun to watch.
Dorka played in this well and her defense is pretty good. But I am not gonna act like Dorka shut down Nneka in that game. Let's not forget that Nneka had 27 the other day, and Dorka was guarding her at times. I am gonna chalk it up to Nneka having an off game. We will saw it all plays out again in a few days. We need more teams in the WNBA. Three games in a week against the same team? Jeez.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I watched the second half and I thought Dorka was very effective on the defensive end. Nneka is the focal point of their offense and they were trying to post her up and also use her in high pick situations to create mismatches and openings. Dorka was able to handle those switches, generally knowing how to play it and getting back to Nneka to make her work for everything.

Nneka is a seven time all star and Dorka is a rookie second round draft pick. So being able to hold her own in that situation is remarkable and speaks well to her UConn development.

Steal of the draft.

Now about those free throws…….

Minnesota will have to work hard for their wins. Napheesa is a genuine all star but the roster is pretty thin. I see they added Engsler, that is a good thing. Their guard play is especially weak, hopefully Diamond Miller can return soon and improve the backcourt.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Dorka forgot the UConn plug in that interview. I suspect she got a text from Chris.

Reaction Score
I just want to emphasize what others have said about Dorka. Reeve has her in at crunch time.

I didn't see Shepherd last night.

Reaction Score
I've seen Dorka play twice on TV and both times she really impressed with her hustle and over-all play!
She makes rookie mistakes sure but learns quickly so as not to make same mistake twice!

Reaction Score
I just want to emphasize what others have said about Dorka. Reeve has her in at crunch time.

I didn't see Shepherd last night.
Shepard is sick and did not travel with the team.

Reaction Score
Coach Reeve noticed what I did in the first half. Collier was not getting the touches she was supposed to get if she were the first option. Dorka played outside setting picks and didn't think about taking it to the hole. That all changed in the second half.
Also, Nneka was not getting touches either. Credit both defenses? I thought the Lynx defense picked up in the second half. (pressure)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom