OT: - PGA at Kiawah | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: PGA at Kiawah

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My top 4 favorites are a combined +7, the best being Rahm at even. I was ungood on my picks.

Wish I was that good after day 1.

My top 4 were +11.

Best of my group was Spieth at +1.

My winner pick, Ancer, isn't out of it, but +2 isn't ideal.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Played the Ocean Course the year after we won Ryder. It was our 20 something anniversary and I got my wife a day at the spa and she made me a tee time as a single. It poured rain - sideways the entire weekend! I wasn't passing the golf up and neither were the 3 Brits they teamed me up with. All they wanted was to play the course that took down the European team! We were it for the entire course. On number 17 par three we were four guys vying for the starting roles in Tin Cup. Dinner and drinks after were so much fun.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The course wouldn't see to fit Mickelson's game, yet there he is on the front page of the leaderboard.

edit: scratch that... he's leading the thing.

Projected cut is +2. DJ and Reed can go home. A bunch of other names are praying it drops to +3.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While we're on a golf kick... doing a live stream with Nathan Grube of Travelers Championship Monday at 7pm. Check it out if you're a golf fan!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Wow - Tringale 3 under on the tee at 14. Finishes the round 5 holes later at +10. OUCH

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wow - Tringale 3 under on the tee at 14. Finishes the round 5 holes later at +10. OUCH
I think he's at the turn. He teed off on #10 to start. It's the middle nine holes that are into the quartering wind that's killing the field. The actual 15-18 have been playing downwind.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I think he's at the turn. He teed off on #10 to start. It's the middle nine holes that are into the quartering wind that's killing the field. The actual 15-18 have been playing downwind.
You are correct. He's got 9 more holes to do more damage.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Wow no comments so far after day two. Amazing to see the old timers on top of the board. I just don't see Phil keeping the pace up, specially now he'll be playing later in stronger winds, but serious kudos for the 50 year old to be leading after day 2.

Louis has never won in the states, but he's still young enough with enough game and is obviously playing well. I just don't see a breakthrough here.

Remarkably with everyone writing him off with injury, I think it's Koepka's to take.

My top 4 picks are now +16 with JT missing the cut, Rahm and Rory +3 and Spieth +4 all looking too far back (though you never know what Saturday brings).

I'd put any remaining money on Koepka at this point. Maybe 75% on Koepka/25% on Louis.

Still a packed leaderboard with 24 players within 5 shots, 38 within 7 shots, so there are other names that could leap up.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wow no comments so far after day two. Amazing to see the old timers on top of the board. I just don't see Phil keeping the pace up, specially now he'll be playing later in stronger winds, but serious kudos for the 50 year old to be leading after day 2.

Louis has never won in the states, but he's still young enough with enough game and is obviously playing well. I just don't see a breakthrough here.

Remarkably with everyone writing him off with injury, I think it's Koepka's to take.

My top 4 picks are now +16 with JT missing the cut, Rahm and Rory +3 and Spieth +4 all looking too far back (though you never know what Saturday brings).

I'd put any remaining money on Koepka at this point. Maybe 75% on Koepka/25% on Louis.

Still a packed leaderboard with 24 players within 5 shots, 38 within 7 shots, so there are other names that could leap up.

Didn't watch much of day 2. Had half day of work and then hit the links to get in 18 only own.

Great leaderboard on top. Obviously Phil will be getting huge push from the fans. Brooks will get some love too.

Hovland and Connors regressed to the norm.

Would have no problem seeing Louis win another major. Beautiful swing and tempo.

Reaction Score

Agree, I think this is Brooks’ to lose

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Didn't watch much of day 2. Had half day of work and then hit the links to get in 18 only own.

Great leaderboard on top. Obviously Phil will be getting huge push from the fans. Brooks will get some love too.

Hovland and Connors regressed to the norm.

Would have no problem seeing Louis win another major. Beautiful swing and tempo.
Three S. Africans in top 5. No idea what the significance of that is, but it is odd.

I'm not sold on Koepka yet. Between his knees, hip, wrist and neck, his body is old for his age. He's had one Tour win in past 2 years. Great player, but a walking injury waiting to happen.

I wouldn't sleep on Matsuyama, now that he's got one major under his belt.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
"Actually, that's a little wee gator..."

Who talks like that?

About 40-50 miles away at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, SC they make it abundantly clear on the first tee how to act.

FB_IMG_1621699444794.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This youngin has been frequenting one of the ponds on my local course. This pic was from a few weeks ago. Yesterday I saw it chilling in the water.
About 6'.

IMG_20210513_174347908~2.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This youngin has been frequenting one of the ponds on my local course. This pic was from a few weeks ago. Yesterday I saw it chilling in the water.
About 6'.

View attachment 67565
C'mon wuss, bring some game. Southern New England laughs in your face.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Seriously? A fox????

Any grown adult should be able to fend off a fox with back of the hand.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Brysons swing looks so uncomforatable the way he keeps his arms and elbows locked. Makes my left elbow hurt just watching him.

He is seriously off key so far today.

Nice run by Spieth this morning.

Wind was calm but looks to be picking up. -5 should he looking good by end of day.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Phil off to a great start with some serious spin out of the sandy areas on 3.

These guys can care less what surface is below their ball. If they can get clean contact on the ball they can work their magic.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The rabid bobcat would worry me way more than a rabid fox.

And yes, you can You Tube a bobcat taking down an infant allgator in someone's back yard. Not overly impressive as bass and other fish have no problem taking out gators up to 2' long. There's all videos of full grown gators enjoying a bobcat appetizer.

But, this is impressive footage of the bobcat just clowning a rattlesnake.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Phil's trajectory and spin control on his irons has been spot on so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom