PGA and LIV merge | The Boneyard

PGA and LIV merge

Reaction Score
Looks like creation of the Super P-5 of Golf. An I credibly well funded SEC and BIG-like entity where the stars make the money and the others get crumbs. PGA was tired of no names playing on weekends—ratings way down. No Tiger. Rahm and Scheffler are boring. McIlroy was the only star power. They had to do something.

Reaction Score
In sports money rules.
No doubt. Funny how the moral high ground gets hazy when hundreds of millions are at stake. In the end, looks like those who took the LIV cash and suffered the slings and arrows of the PGA made out like proverbial bandits. Some of the others now look like chumps by comparison. .

Reaction Score
No doubt. Funny how the moral high ground gets hazy when hundreds of millions are at stake. In the end, looks like those who took the LIV cash and suffered the slings and arrows of the PGA made out like proverbial bandits. Some of the others now look like chumps by comparison. .
It is funny how that works. I am interested to see as details emerge on this. Among many interesting questions I have, from a financial standpoint I wonder how the contracts for those big pay days were structured? Is it possible some of the amounts were “spread” over years of participation and did they consider this possibility when they were originally signed? I do not follow it closely so perhaps that information is out there.

Reaction Score
Looks like creation of the Super P-5 of Golf. An I credibly well funded SEC and BIG-like entity where the stars make the money and the others get crumbs. PGA was tired of no names playing on weekends—ratings way down. No Tiger. Rahm and Scheffler are boring. McIlroy was the only star power. They had to do something.
Like Harry Higgs said, LIV got all the a**holes. There wasn't any villains and compelling story lines were lost.

Reaction Score
Didn't the PGA suspend a bunch of players for playing in LIV? Guess money always talks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom