PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 54 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Kinda looks like a Chris Paul from his early days at Wake. Kid's gonna be a beast

Reaction Score

Earlier this week I had a conversation with a very well respected scout. I asked him what player was he most impressed with at USA Basketball tryouts? His answer was UCONN commit Alterique Gilbert from Miller Grove HS(GA). He went on to say that Gilbert was the first kid in the gym every morning and the last to leave everyday. This type of work ethic explains why the senior had one of the best summers and continues to impress scouts with his growth at the point guard position.

Gilbert has been in the lab working out with trainer Robert Swain of Swain Basketball Academy. Swain says they have been focusing on his midrange, penetration and conditioning. “We get 5,000 shots up a day”, said Swain.

via @courtcred

Reaction Score
X3kDq4w.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Does he go by Ricky? Terry? Alterique?

Reaction Score
Khalid/Ricky
Taliek/Gordon
Kemba/Bazz
Boat/Bazz
Adams/Gilbert

I'm not sure how the rest of the college basketball world has not noticed, but having two starting PGs is a must

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
What our players (legally) do off the court is their business. And I believe you meant to say "incest survivor in a consensual relationship with a plus-sized gentleman".
Well she is inbred and her child is of incest as well. I'll give you the plus-sized gentleman...because lets face it...Samwell is a fine lad.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Khalid/Ricky
Taliek/Gordon
Kemba/Bazz
Boat/Bazz
Adams/Gilbert

I'm not sure how the rest of the college basketball world has not noticed, but having two starting PGs is a must
They have, but the hard part no one has seemed to be able to replicate is the "UConn toughness" that our great guards have shown.

Reaction Score
They have, but the hard part no one has seemed to be able to replicate is the "UConn toughness" that our great guards have shown.

Good point. Kentucky is going to give it a run with Ulis and the two new guards they recruited. We will see. It's my contention that UCONN gives guards more freedom/responsibility. They are forced to become complete players. The coaches demand the guards perform at a high level and provide the freedom to do almost anything they want.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Good point. Kentucky is going to give it a run with Ulis and the two new guards they recruited. We will see. It's my contention that UCONN gives guards more freedom/responsibility. They are forced to become complete players. The coaches demand the guards perform at a high level and provide the freedom to do almost anything they want.
This is definitely true, and recruits who have committed to Ollie have said those words before directly regarding why they liked KO's style of play.

I've also seen on several occasions fans of blue bloods saying things like "I wish our guards would play like UConn guards" in message boards and forums. As if "UConn guards" have a signature style that you can see if you covered the team name on the chest, it's our signature brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom