Perhaps the Single Most Important Outcome from Today | The Boneyard

Perhaps the Single Most Important Outcome from Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
It's a game that we and the 50 recruits will not forget for a long time. So many emotional plays, players, coaches, crowd on their feet, jumping, hollering!!! What a great atmosphere, storming the field. Sealing the win with 59 seconds left.

I have a son who is about to get into the recruiting quagmire. I know he would have loved that atmosphere.

Reaction Score
The expectation levels have just been raised after tonight - bowl game is the floor, AAC championship is the ceiling expectation.
My ceiling expectation will be when UCONN reaches the 1-A FBS playoff. It may not happen in my lifetime but I like to set the bar high. (Sort of like sitting in Memorial Stadium in my student days & daydreaming of UCONN playing 1-A bigtime football)

Reaction Score
Diaco proved that he is a pretty good recruiter and judge of talent. Noticed how the players reacted to him after the game in the middle of the crowd. All jumping up and down, happy and hollering. So I have to agree with Dooley, the future is bright.

Reaction Score
Gotta also give props to the guy on the UConn sidelines waving the towels and getting the team to jump up & down & dance between plays, kickoffs, etc. Noticed it during the East Carolina game too and it definitely looks like it helps keep the team's spirit & enthusiasm up, and it has showed with the results on the field. Last 3 games the defense has been tremendous.

Reaction Score
Should move up ahead of Buffalo, Akron and Toledo on their choices.

The average high school football player just began to look at our program a little differently. In a really, really good way.

Reaction Score
Diaco proved that he is a pretty good recruiter and judge of talent. Noticed how the players reacted to him after the game in the middle of the crowd. All jumping up and down, happy and hollering. So I have to agree with Dooley, the future is bright.
That's what I noticed as well. Great life and love pervades the program. I saw that in that last Cincinnati game: but on the Cincinnati sideline with the players all jumping and shouting with Butch Jones in the middle of them. Then I looked at our sideline, kids just standing there, looking lost, PP with that confused but stern look on his face - the look of a captain determined to go down with his ship. And we were going down. With Diacco you see that same Butch Jones led team that kicked our butt so bad. The future is very bright. I think the PP damage has been undone, finally.

Reaction Score
Don't look now but this team has now won 3 straight heading into another big match up vs. Temple. Can they make it 4 straight?!

Reaction Score
Don't look now but this team has now won 3 straight heading into another big match up vs. Temple. Can they make it 4 straight?!
You know, if the Sherrif comes back, and with the wave these kids are riding right now, I'm not counting them out. I had them losing to UH but if they can keep the emotional high going for another week, anything can happen. Temple has played its emotional high game already against ND. Will they be way up for Uconn? Not like in past years. Our kids are believing in themselves right about now, and that's a good start!

Reaction Score
PP with that confused but stern look on his face - the look of a captain determined to go down with his ship. And we were going down.

LOL. so you're saying the Coach P era was successful then? (just kidding)

Reaction Score
LOL. so you're saying the Coach P era was successful then? (just kidding)
Well he stayed the course in a consistent manner with unshakeable direction and purpose. He stuck to his guns without yielding to flight of fancy or changing to the offense du jour. He drove the train off the tracks and managed to keep driving without rails. A lesser man would have called it quits but he held steadfast. I'd call that successful in a certain manner of speaking!

Reaction Score
Well he stayed the course in a consistent manner with unshakeable direction and purpose. He stuck to his guns without yielding to flight of fancy or changing to the offense du jour. He drove the train off the tracks and managed to keep driving without rails. A lesser man would have called it quits but he held steadfast. I'd call that successful in a certain manner of speaking!
It's all a matter of perspective and view.

Reaction Score
btw, I hope everyone gets that this was supposed to be an attempt at humor. Maybe I'm not a comedian, but that was the intent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom