Perception v. Reality | The Boneyard

Perception v. Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SC, ND, Baylor and Tennessee have talented teams, Jewell Loyd is an excellent player and there are a handful of fine point guards in America.

That being said, the reality is, Moriah Jefferson is the nation's top PG, Stewart is the nation premiere player and the UConn Huskies are the class of the field.

The Huskies pounded the former No.1 team in the country tonight like it was free, while Jefferson and Stewart showed what they can do when they play big minutes against top flight competition on the big stage. Until the Beast of the East (and everywhere else) is dethroned, any dissenting opinion is perception.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yep. Loved the comment by Doris I think, when she said UCONN was beating SC like some teams in the AAC. Not only was it an epic beatdown, but some of the crazy high degree of difficulty shots SC made was all that kept the score that close.

I would go so far as to say in addition to what you pointed out, that KML is the best wing in the nation. You could argue that UCONN boasts the best PG, wing and forward in the nation. I just couldn't be more pleased with how the team played. The one criticism - UCONN needs to work on stopping big teams like SC getting so many O-boards.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
As I said a few weeks ago in the "2 UCONN players on mid season top 20 Wooden list", there's not another GUARD (point guard, shooting guard or mud guard) in the country that I'd rather have than Moriah and that includes Jewell Loyd and Tiffany Mitchell.

Reaction Score
Though Stewie is the best, Loyd is an incredible player. However,I don't think she would want to nor would she be able to fit into Geno's team-first style. Loyd can do it all, but requires too many touches and shots per game. Stewie has sublimated her extraordinary skill set (and scores 16 ppg when she could easily put up 25 ppg) for the benefit of the team. And because all she wants is to win. And when she does step up her offensive game as she did tonight, she still contributes in so many other ways. She IS the best.

Reaction Score
Moriah ran by 9 other players!

That was incredible! And it started with 6'2 Moriah grabbing the defensive rebound in traffic among the bigs under their basket, then spotting the SC players a good 4-5 steps, and then blowing their doors off to the other end. That was a really really remarkable display of quickness. What a motor that kid has. Lieberman Award.

Reaction Score
Though Stewie is the best, Loyd is an incredible player. However,I don't think she would want to nor would she be able to fit into Geno's team-first style. Loyd can do it all, but requires too many touches and shots per game. Stewie has sublimated her extraordinary skill set (and scores 16 ppg when she could easily put up 25 ppg) for the benefit of the team. And because all she wants is to win. And when she does step up her offensive game as she did tonight, she still contributes in so many other ways. She IS the best.
No question Loyd is an outstanding talent, but Stewart can post up ANY big in the game, score in the midrange against any wing and bury a three over ANY guard in America. On defense, she can rebound with ANY post in the game and block the shot of ANY player in the nation from the low block to the 3pt line. She can run the floor, finish on the break and change a game in more ways than ANY player in WBB.

Loyd is blessed with a variety of skills and is a volume shooter and volume scorer, but she cannot affect a basketball game in as many areas as Stewart.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
With all the individual talent on UConn and arguably the best players at this position or that position...three things emerge that in my opinion are quite clear... 1. UConn is the best team in WCBB. 2. They have the best starting five in WCBB. 3. If we played Stanford now we would win by 4o points.

Reaction Score
With all the individual talent on UConn and arguably the best players at this position or that position...three things emerge that in my opinion are quite clear... 1. UConn is the best team in WCBB. 2. They have the best starting five in WCBB. 3. If we played Stanford now we would win by 4o points.
If they don't get to play Stanford in the tournament, I'll be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom