Perception: Comparing the Fruit Flies With UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Perception: Comparing the Fruit Flies With UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Absolute joke. Only reason I didn't bet the game was work. They NEVER had a shot at covering. 14.5 they lose by 35.

Bet the farm on Clemson and enjoyed every minute of the game! Just seemed too good to be true at -13.5. That team is in trouble under Shafer. The guy is a hothead on the sideline, can't recruit, and lets his players act like jacka#### on the field. Just a matter of time before he drags that program back to the Grobby cake days(which wasn't that long ago).

Will be going on a nice vacation with the wife all on the backs of SUs' ineptitude:cool:

Reaction Score
This is funny. All you guys were making fun of the Syracuse game .... but you were WATCHING it. That is what the networks want: Eyeballs.

I didn't watch, didn't even know they were playing. Saw the score and was not surprised. Swofford is an idiot.

Reaction Score
Bet the farm on Clemson and enjoyed every minute of the game! Just seemed too good to be true at -13.5. That team is in trouble under Shafer. The guy is a hothead on the sideline, can't recruit, and lets his players act like jacka#### on the field. Just a matter of time before he drags that program back to the Grobby cake days(which wasn't that long ago).

Will be going on a nice vacation with the wife all on the backs of SUs' ineptitude:cool:
How can you say a guy "can't recruit" when he has not had a recruiting class yet?? He was named head coach in January, just a couple of weeks before national LOI day.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is funny. All you guys were making fun of the Syracuse game .... but you were WATCHING it. That is what the networks want: Eyeballs.

I watched because I had a large amount of money on the game and waited for opportune times throughout to invest more live. Let's just say it wasn't Vegas' best showing. But since you brought it up...

2.8 rating ABC 3:30 pm #3 Clemson at Syracuse (27 markets) or or Minnesota-Michigan (20 markets) or Kansas State at #21 Oklahoma State (9 markets)
3.1 rating ABC 8:00pm #15 Michigan-UConn (37 markets) or Kansas St-Texas (19 markets)

Eyeballs are useless if you can't hold an audience. I'm going to guess that a large majority of the audience, who weren't financially invested, channel surfed sometime around the 2Q when it was 35-7 and Clemson stopped playing hard.

Reaction Score
No not really watching - just checking the score

Reaction Score

I watched because I anticipated a curb stomping. And I was not disappointed.

Nobody tell the students that their team lost badly. I assume they are hibernating until basketball season?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
in fairness to syracuse students, all they here about is fruit fly football from the 70s and 80s so they probably just assumed they dont have a team anymore.

Reaction Score
The networks care about eyeballs but the conferences care about tv sets.

Reaction Score
How can you say a guy "can't recruit" when he has not had a recruiting class yet?? He was named head coach in January, just a couple of weeks before national LOI day.

Didn't you hear? Only Rutgers knows how to recruit. They are the champions of the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom