per-40 stats thru Texas game available | The Boneyard

per-40 stats thru Texas game available

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I've uploaded the latest per-40 stats workbook to here.

Wow.

Too few data points to draw any conclusions about the numbers, though it's fun to appreciate their awsomeness to this point.

I don't know how they did it, but despite being virtually tied for the first 17:30 of the Texas game and the effectiveness of the Texas defense, I felt no doubts about the ultimate outcome.

Geno sure wasn't spoofing us when said this team can score. Now we know that, despite his whining, they can defend as well.

They've missed 59 shots and have 30 offensive rebounds (1 of every 2 misses)! The opponents have missed 70 shots and have only 23 O-boards (1 of 3).

Azzi is surreal.

Aubrey is a revelation. (Hurrah!)

Ayanna is already a force under the basket.

5 players are averaging 10 or more points a game. Two of them are averaging 10 rebounds game.

The ladies only stood around on offense twice in the Texas game that I noticed. "Everyone eats" indeed.

I like our chances. ;^)

Note for those who put their own data into a copy of the workbook.
I have added 2 macros for the vim text editor to the downloads page. If you copy the contents of a boxscore grid, paste them into the vim editor and run the appropriate macro, it will reformat the data for copying and pasting into the Detail or Exhibition tabs of the worksheet. You will only need to add data to the Opponent, Venue, Game ( always 1), Conference (Y/N), and Ranked (Y/N) columns of the Detail tab. uconnhuskies.com formatted box scores go into the Detail tab. NCAA PDF formatted box scores go into the bottom of the Exhibition tab. If you want to do this and need help with the details, PM me.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I look forward to reviewing your stats as much as I look forward to watching MJL243's YouTube replays.

Reaction Score
I've uploaded the latest per-40 stats workbook to here.

Wow.

Too few data points to draw any conclusions about the numbers, though it's fun to appreciate their awsomeness to this point.

I don't know how they did it, but despite being virtually tied for the first 17:30 of the Texas game and the effectiveness of the Texas defense, I felt no doubts about the ultimate outcome.

Geno sure wasn't spoofing us when said this team can score. Now we know that, despite his whining, they can defend as well.

They've missed 59 shots and have 30 offensive rebounds (1 of every 2 misses)! The opponents have missed 70 shots and have only 23 O-boards (1 of 3).

Azzi is surreal.

Aubrey is a revelation. (Hurrah!)

Ayanna is already a force under the basket.

5 players are averaging 10 or more points a game. Two of them are averaging 10 rebounds game.

The ladies only stood around on offense twice in the Texas game that I noticed. "Everyone eats" indeed.

I like our chances. ;^)

Note for those who put their own data into a copy of the workbook.
I have added 2 macros for the vim text editor to the downloads page. If you copy the contents of a boxscore grid, paste them into the vim editor and run the appropriate macro, it will reformat the data for copying and pasting into the Detail or Exhibition tabs of the worksheet. You will only need to add data to the Opponent, Venue, Game ( always 1), Conference (Y/N), and Ranked (Y/N) columns of the Detail tab. uconnhuskies.com formatted box scores go into the Detail tab. NCAA PDF formatted box scores go into the bottom of the Exhibition tab. If you want to do this and need help with the details, PM me.
Thanks for your work, JRRJ.

MIght you know any way I could render the file readable in LibreOffice Calc?

Thanks in advance for any help -

Wilderness

Reaction Score

Wilderness
Convert the excel to CSV.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

Wilderness
I'm afraid not. I use both programs on my various devices. Libre Calc does a pretty good job of keeping up with Excel's changes for calculations and formatting, but they don't do a great job with pivot tables. At least not mine ;^) The row numbers in the formulae in the per-40 and per-game sections that refer back to the pivot table are fubar and there are a few formulae that randomly appear where they shouldn't be.

Sorry.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
That will remove all the pivot table and formula information from the workbook. And I don't think it handles multi-tab workbooks.

Reaction Score
I'm afraid not. I use both programs on my various devices. Libre Calc does a pretty good job of keeping up with Excel's changes for calculations and formatting, but they don't do a great job with pivot tables. At least not mine ;^) The row numbers in the formulae in the per-40 and per-game sections that refer back to the pivot table are fubar and there are a few formulae that randomly appear where they shouldn't be.

Sorry.
Thanks -when I checked a cell I could see references were transposed. I was able to make pne line right and copy it to the others. Great work - and will be more interesting each week.

thanks
Wilderness

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I look forward to reviewing your stats as much as I look forward to watching MJL243's YouTube replays.
The Texas game has already been posted in the "Boneyard Rules, Game Replays & Links to Boneyard lessons" that @HuskyNan has pinned at the top of the Boneyard. Watched it last night, no commercials.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The Texas game has already been posted in the "Boneyard Rules, Game Replays & Links to Boneyard lessons" that @HuskyNan has pinned at the top of the Boneyard. Watched it last night, no commercials.
Thanks. I watched the game live and then the replay last night too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom