... people didn't expect UConn to be here, but kind of always expect UConn to be here | The Boneyard

... people didn't expect UConn to be here, but kind of always expect UConn to be here

Reaction Score
I appreciate that they appreciate UConn's achievements under extraordinarily awful circumstances this season.......I hope the game announcers also mention that UConn is playing with basically half a team so that the less WBB-knowledgeable viewers know what they have been dealing with...........

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I appreciate that they appreciate UConn's achievements under extraordinarily awful circumstances this season.......I hope the game announcers also mention that UConn is playing with basically half a team so that the less WBB-knowledgeable viewers know what they have been dealing with...........
Didn't they play Iowa last year in Portland with half a team and win?

Reaction Score
Andrea is the best analyst going now, and am really surprised how she always talks positive about UConn since she is a former Lady Vol.
She is great, knowledgeable and full of energy. I just wish she would speak a bit slower!

Reaction Score
Didn't they play Iowa last year in Portland with half a team and win?
different players.....different team........I can't remember how much the announcers commented about last year's decimated team.....

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
different players.....different team........I can't remember how much the announcers commented about last year's decimated team.....
UConn played 7 players last against Iowa and won:

Aaliyah - 20 pts - 34:59 min
Azzi - 24 pts - 40 min
Nika - 13 ast - 40 min
Lou - 11 pts - 32 min
CD - 15 pts - 23:47 min
Aubrey - 10 pts - 22:35
Ayanna - 4 pts - 6:59

I see everyone on the current team doing just a good if not better. Iowa lost two major players from last years team and their replacements are not the same as them. Both Warnock and Cziano played more than 32 mins each and caused problems for Aaliyah, Aubrey and Caroline.

Reaction Score
UConn played 7 players last against Iowa and won:

Aaliyah - 20 pts - 34:59 min
Azzi - 24 pts - 40 min
Nika - 13 ast - 40 min
Lou - 11 pts - 32 min
CD - 15 pts - 23:47 min
Aubrey - 10 pts - 22:35
Ayanna - 4 pts - 6:59

I see everyone on the current team doing just a good if not better. Iowa lost two major players from last years team and their replacements are not the same as them. Both Warnock and Cziano played more than 32 mins each and caused problems for Aaliyah, Aubrey and Caroline.
I don't think either team is the same.........most experts actually think Iowa is playing better this season even without Cziano...........many believe it's Iowa's year, kind of like Clark's last stand........I kind of like UConn's chances, but the game should be highly competitive........whoever wins is going to have a heck of a time beating South Carolina......

Reaction Score
The story of UConn making it into the final four isn't about how well Paige, AE and Nika have played. With all three we got exactly what we expected of them although with the added degree of difficulty of playing with the handicap of knowing fouling out was not an option. The story is that two freshmen were thrown into the mix and had to play 35 to 40 minutes a game even if they struggled .The way KK and Ash responded to that challenge is why we are playing tomorrow.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What irks me is that Geno is not under consideration in the Coach of the Year sweepstakes. Tell me one coach that has had to deal with what he and the staff did over the course of the season. Take away the 2nd, 4th and 5th best players on the team as well as a 6'5" post and see where they end up, bet it's not the Final Four.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
This commentary from Molly is just going to bring out all the haters, and I'm afraid it will fall on Paige and just put more pressure on her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom