PeeCee vs Nova | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PeeCee vs Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Villanova would be the 5th best team in the AAC. Poor PC. Maybe they can make a nice NIT run but that is a killer for their NCAA hopes. Cotton is their whole team so next year doesn't look so good. New England's team!

This is my view too.

I watched Villanova in person play Temple with my own eye. I don't think they are better than the top 4 in the AAC. Matchups? I do think they might win a game or two in a round robin; but, they aren't number 4 -10 (IMHO). Nice pieces - Pinkston & Bell & lots of good young shooters.

Syracuse ??? The Best in the Land? We are going to find out ... because, in this sport, we have a great tried & true methodology.

Reaction Score
It was lack of control over the program. Grades, drugs, discipline, a coach telling recruits he was going to be the HC next year. Keno was a nightmare.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nova is NOT the 9th best team in the USA- plain and simple-

Reaction Score
A lot, huh? Let's hear them.
Florida, Syracuse, UConn, Louisville, San Diego State. The Shockers. Only came up with six off the top of my head. Kansas can beat those teams I named but could also lose to several more. They have the talent but are up and down, they go as Naadir Tharpe goes.

Reaction Score
Florida, Syracuse, UConn, Louisville, San Diego State. The Shockers. Only came up with six off the top of my head. Kansas can beat those teams I named but could also lose to several more. They have the talent but are up and down, they go as Naadir Tharpe goes.

I think you can add Arizona, Duke, Michigan and Michigan St, Kentucky, Kansas, obviously Creighton, Cinci.
Its hard making lists like this because there is just so much damn parity in CBB. If you asked me my opinion on each of the top 25 teams, I'd probably say that 20 are overrated.

Reaction Score
Watched most of the 2nd half and both OTs.
Thought it was a well-played game esp considering Nova blasted PC in their previous game.

I will say this, Gary Williams is the worst announcer I've heard in several years.

Reaction Score
I think you can add Arizona, Duke, Michigan and Michigan St, Kentucky, Kansas, obviously Creighton, Cinci.
Its hard making lists like this because there is just so much damn parity in CBB. If you asked me my opinion on each of the top 25 teams, I'd probably say that 20 are overrated.
Yup, it's wide open. Going into this year we were told there were a few dominant teams mainly because of the phenom freshman. It's clear there are no dominant teams, there are some very good teams but nobody jumps out at you. As of now Florida is the best team in the nation.

Reaction Score

I've watched enough college bball this year to know it's wide open. Most games are competitive. Many top ten teams either surviving by the skin of their teeth or losing. You can take 30 different teams right now, square them off, and it would come down to the last few minutes.

I think Florida is clearly the best team right now. After that it's a crap shoot with many arguments to be had.

Kansas is certainly good but the poster above asking whose better, I do believe you made a post a couple weeks ago saying Kansas was on their way to becoming unbeatable. I thought it was weird seeing they were coming off a loss to San Diego State and had some close wins at home. They since have been blown out by Texas, lost to unranked Kansas State, and needed a last second shot to beat Texas Tech. I think they are good and have as good a shot as any but you seem to be very high on them and right now they are not playing better than anyone else in the top 15-20. Their best players are freshman and experience usually wins out in March (with some exceptions).

Reaction Score
I've watched enough college bball this year to know it's wide open. Most games are competitive. Many top ten teams either surviving by the skin of their teeth or losing. You can take 30 different teams right now, square them off, and it would come down to the last few minutes.

I think Florida is clearly the best team right now. After that it's a crap shoot with many arguments to be had.

Kansas is certainly good but the poster above asking whose better, I do believe you made a post a couple weeks ago saying Kansas was on their way to becoming unbeatable. I thought it was weird seeing they were coming off a loss to San Diego State and had some close wins at home. They since have been blown out by Texas, lost to unranked Kansas State, and needed a last second shot to beat Texas Tech. I think they are good and have as good a shot as any but you seem to be very high on them and right now they are not playing better than anyone else in the top 15-20. Their best players are freshman and experience usually wins out in March (with some exceptions).

I think UF, MSU and Zona are a little better than the next tier. No idea about the Shockers. They haven't played anyone.

Reaction Score
I think UF, MSU and Zona are a little better than the next tier. No idea about the Shockers. They haven't played anyone.

I don't see it the case of Zona and MSU. Zona just had a key injury, lost to Arizona State and should have lost to Stanford. You do realize MSU just lost at home to Nebraska?

Reaction Score
Well in retrospect. It was the right move. PC is at heights they haven't hit in almost a generation.

Think about.

Losing twice to UCONN last year - But both close games.

You are right; losing twice to UCONN rarely happens

Reaction Score
I don't see it the case of Zona and MSU. Zona just had a key injury, lost to Arizona State and should have lost to Stanford. You do realize MSU just lost at home to Nebraska?

MSU will be getting healthy soon. Always like Izzo in the tourney. Zona is very talented. Wide open tourney. Gun to my head; I like FloridaFlorida

Reaction Score
Friar J-my best friend Budfrog, who lives in Pawcatuck CT, called me and said his neighbor has 2 to 10 months to live. He is a nice guy and a huge Friar fan and grad. I'm with you on hoping PC gets an NCAA bid this year, for him and Bryce. BTW-you are a class act. Good luck with your team.

Reaction Score
I had to stop there. I get that this is a UConn board and we're all homers to a certain extent but come on . . .

I agree on Kansas especially the eye test…….but somehow with all the highlight plays and athletic talent they find a way to be very mediocre for stretches and keep teams in the game? They are dangerous and could make a run but an enigma of sorts too……But Embiid is the real deal and Wiggins is beginning to mature although still a bit inconsistent…….I wouldn't want to be in their bracket too early!

Reaction Score
Bryce Cotton is a real nice player…….just plays too which I like. Seems to be a real leader as they all turn to him much like Bazz. 2 real good guards in New England right there no doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom