OT: - Paul Skenes debut | The Boneyard

OT: Paul Skenes debut

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
2K, 1BB in 1st. 18 pitches, 5 > 101 mph.

Decent, but he's no Steve Nebraska.

I like to think Bob Costas wakes up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat wondering why he took 30 pieces of silver to announce that a pitcher struck out 27 straight major league hitters. Even on this board it's rare anybody says something so stupid.

Reaction Score
With my son going to Duquesne in the fall, can’t wait to see what the next four years looks like for the Bucs. Skenes, Keller, Jones = promising start.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I like to think Bob Costas wakes up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat wondering why he took 30 pieces of silver to announce that a pitcher struck out 27 straight major league hitters. Even on this board it's rare anybody says something so stupid.
You're talking about the same guy who got paid for this:

Reaction Score
Got a family wedding in Pittsburgh in August. I hope to be able to see Skenes pitch live then. Dude is a beast.

Reaction Score
If he stays healthy he'll win a few Cy Youngs. I haven't seen natural stuff like that, (and apparently he was off yesterday) in a long time.

As a team, you guys are super easy to root for. That Cutch HR celebration last night was so great to see. He's the best ambassador for the game...still.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As a lowly Pirates fan, this is good news for the franchise because people will buy tickets to see Livvy Dunne.

And then with all the extra money, ole Bobby Nutting will still never pay for a good player.

Reaction Score
I grew up as a Yankees fan but there have always been other teams (in every sport except college basketball) that I root for. The Pirates have always been one of those teams. I’d like to see them do well and keep their players. I don’t know who their ownership is but I always felt like those fans will show up if you put a good product on the field.

Reaction Score
I grew up as a Yankees fan but there have always been other teams (in every sport except college basketball) that I root for. The Pirates have always been one of those teams. I’d like to see them do well and keep their players. I don’t know who their ownership is but I always felt like those fans will show up if you put a good product on the field

Reaction Score
If he stays healthy he'll win a few Cy Youngs. I haven't seen natural stuff like that, (and apparently he was off yesterday) in a long time.

As a team, you guys are super easy to root for. That Cutch HR celebration last night was so great to see. He's the best ambassador for the game...still.

That’s a huge if. The velocity he throws and the slider? He’s a lock for Tommy John at some point. When it happens and how he returns will write the script. Like Strasburg.

Reaction Score
Yes, let him play out the early years in Pitt so he can become a Yankee before FA. He threw very easy 101.

Reaction Score
That’s a huge if. The velocity he throws and the slider? He’s a lock for Tommy John at some point. When it happens and how he returns will write the script. Like Strasburg.
Seems like every young pitcher who throws harder than 95 mph has Tommy John surgery at some point. Lots of kids are now having it done in college.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Has he had his Tommy John surgery yet? It’s only a matter of time with most coming back as good or better but some not so good

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
2K, 1BB in 1st. 18 pitches, 5 > 101 mph.

Decent, but he's no Steve Nebraska.
I have been all in on him in my main $$$ fantasy league last year. Actually kept him going into this years draft.

What is great about how things shook out yesterday is that he now has to think about things that happened. Next up, he has the Cubs at Wrigley next game.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Also, I think he was squeezed early on for a few calls. Got the calls later, tho.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
His delivery seems very fluid. I like the way his left arm finishes tight against his body.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
More interested in Chris Scott’s debut with my Mets

We saw Scott Saturday. He looked exciting. With exception of a mistake early for a Homerun, he did really well against a powerful Braves lineup. One swing away from being No hit, JD Martinez hits a a ball over the wall in center for the only hit of the day. Scott, needed some run support.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Don't get invested in anybody throwing 100. Guaranteed arm trouble.

Anybody see this? 9 of the 10 hardest throwers in MLB are on the DL.

So, nobody can pitch 7 innings, and everybody gets hurt. Maybe don't throw so hard, guys?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
His delivery seems very fluid. I like the way his left arm finishes tight against his body.

I'm sure he'll keep throwing 100 without arm trouble! There's always a first for everything, right?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We saw Scott Saturday. He looked exciting. With exception of a mistake early for a Homerun, he did really well against a powerful Braves lineup. One swing away from being No hit, JD Martinez hits a a ball over the wall in center for the only hit of the day. Scott, needed some run support.
Yeah I didn’t think this lineup could hit even adding JD. Anemic hitting added to a mediocre pitching with good bull pen you have a team with .500 potential

Reaction Score
Don't get invested in anybody throwing 100. Guaranteed arm trouble.

Anybody see this? 9 of the 10 hardest throwers in MLB are on the DL.

So, nobody can pitch 7 innings, and everybody gets hurt. Maybe don't throw so hard, guys?

For some reason that list doesn’t have degrom on it who’s the poster boy for increased velocity and arm issues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom