2024 Recruiting: - Patrick Ngongba | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Patrick Ngongba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mr Rogers Clown GIF
Seems like it’s time to start watching YouTube videos and send scholarship offers to the best dunkers. Not sure why it’s come to this, again. I’m not amused.
This is awesome-PN hasn’t even commented elsewhere yet!

Reaction Score
Seems like it’s time to start watching YouTube videos and send scholarship offers to the best dunkers. Not sure why it’s come to this, again. I’m not amused.
Did the National Championship amuse you? Live on that for a season- come back next one.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I want PN to come to UConn but if he is concerned about having to earn his spot and face competition is he really the guy we want? I want guys who want to be challenged, grow & compete, i'm fairly certain Hurley is looking for the same.
Ngongba official visit to Duke October 20-22 confirmed. He'll be there with Cooper Flagg and VJ Edgecombe on their "Crazy" night.
Don't know if it means anything, but they don't have a center to compete with him at this point and he may believe we do with SJ and YS.
This might be concerning.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I want PN to come to UConn but if he is concerned about having to earn his spot and face competition is he really the guy we want? I want guys who want to be challenged, grow & compete, i'm fairly certain Hurley is looking for the same.

This might be concerning.
This is all I was saying a few posts up. The Duke center situation is completely wide open and there's a good chance he'd play with Flagg. I'd have to give them an edge.

Reaction Score
Ngongba would be my only disappointment in this 2024 class. From what I've seen, he and Flagg are the only 2 players out there that would move the needle for us. Flagg is so good I'm satisfied just with having a finalist's shot. Ngongba is alone on the next tier and I had sold myself that he would join his cousin, hence the disappointment if it doesn't happen. I haven't seen anybody else who has unique size or skills at any position. I think the portal and international can replace the talents that any other 2024 players provide. With Ngongba it could be the appeal of specific coaches, NIL, or anything else. I suppose the possibility also exists that he isn't sold Clingan will be gone. If he wants to play with Flagg or Betsey or both, they can all do that here ;);)

Reaction Score
Ngongba is alone on the next tier and I had sold myself that he would join his cousin, hence the disappointment if it doesn't happen... With Ngongba it could be the appeal of specific coaches, NIL, or anything else...
That’s what makes following recruiting brutal, though, isn’t it? From the outside, it can get easy to connect some pieces of information and weave a tale that ends how you like. His family, mom especially, is very in to that “Duke brotherhood“ they’re good at selling- year after year of players and all the connections and off-court stuff that come with it. It’s legit, even if you hate Duke.

UConn had that and is getting it back, but it’s not the same. I know people want to look at Scheyer and say he’s not K and everything’s different, which has to be be true to some point, but not as much as some people may wish for.

Some of the information in this thread and the Betsey one is new to some people, but not to the staff (which I hope would be obvious) and they’ve been responding. Until the next piece falls in place, Ahmad and Isaiah are a great start and perfect fits.

Reaction Score
When working with young children, it’s often helpful to positively reinforce desired behavior and ignore behavior which seems designed to gain attention and a big reaction from others. The same works for message board trolls, especially when they aren’t even funny.
Well the sad part is the kid ain’t trolling

Reaction Score
Forget Flagg and everyone else, this guy is the real loss if we dont get him. We always end up ok, but we get him and we have a lot of pieces in place for a future run with this years class. We would just need a really good shooter to go with these guys and we’re good.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What the frick does this mean?

Reaction Score
What the frick does this mean?
It means he's so delusional about his right to be angry that because he has decided we WILL lose out on some highly rated recruits that we may or may not lose out on, he has determined that just because he doesn't know what our back up plan is for these recruits it means we don't have one better than KO's signing players with ratings not up to the normal UConn levels. (I could go on and say like, for example, Whaley and Cole, but that would be giving that poster way too much credit for some level of rationality.)

Reaction Score
One of the best parts of PN coming to UConn would be the crack it would put in the belief Duke always gets who they want......

Reaction Score
One of the best parts of PN coming to UConn would be the crack it would put in the belief Duke always gets who they want......
was hoping said cracks would start to reveal themselves sooner rather than later. hurley is indisputably a better more experienced HC than scheyer. we just won our 5th freaking national championship in under 25 years and put 3 guys into the nba. yet duke is favored to sign all 3 of the remaining guys we're after (if not betsey that's only because they think they can do better). what else can we possibly do?

plus ca change, plus cest la meme chose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
was hoping said cracks would start to reveal themselves sooner rather than later. hurley is indisputably a better more experienced HC than scheyer. we just won our 5th freaking national championship in under 25 years and put 3 guys into the nba. yet duke is favored to sign all 3 of the remaining guys we're after (if not betsey that's only because they think they can do better). what else can we possibly do?

plus ca change, plus cest la meme chose.
A lot of truth. At some point we have to realize we have a great deal to offer, and we should want recruits who want to be here. If they hear our best sales pitch and aren’t interested, then on to the next guys. I want guys who want to be here.

Reaction Score
It means he's so delusional about his right to be angry that because he has decided we WILL lose out on some highly rated recruits that we may or may not lose out on, he has determined that just because he doesn't know what our back up plan is for these recruits it means we don't have one better than KO's signing players with ratings not up to the normal UConn levels. (I could go on and say like, for example, Whaley and Cole, but that would be giving that poster way too much credit for some level of rationality.)

Yep, you nailed it @businesslawyer...
This dude thinks Dan Hurley has the same level of preparedness as Kevin Ollie.
He's also upset we're not closing 100% of top 20 recruits.
But hey, maybe in another year recruits will just write off Duke, Kentucky, & Kansas as options not worth considering because they don't have a dairy bar.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
A lot of truth. At some point we have to realize we have a great deal to offer, and we should want recruits who want to be here. If they hear our best sales pitch and aren’t interested, then on to the next guys. I want guys who want to be here.
agree, we don't have to settle for being someones fall back anymore

Reaction Score
agree, we don't have to settle for being someones fall back anymore
We want these guys which is why they were offered. But if the love isn’t reciprocated then you have to move on to someone else. Historically we have found many great players that were not 5 star recruits.

Reaction Score
Guys who want to be here are guys who are willing to do what is necessary to win championships. Be careful what you wish for

Reaction Score
What am I speaking Spanish!!! What do you think it means!!!
Obviously it's not Spanish. You were clearly speaking Trollish, anyone can see that. As for what I think it means, and I try not to speak for others on this board, it points to you being an idiot. I mean, come on, do you read what you write?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Obviously it's not Spanish. You were clearly speaking Trollish, anyone can see that. As for what I think it means, and I try not to speak for others on this board, it points to you being an idiot. I mean, come on, do you read what you write?
Hurley is abysmal at winning close games. Now he is abysmal trying to recruit after a championship. Hurley just got paid and he seems to be on vacation while others are at work. I’m not amused. We need more than two recruits for next year’s class.

Reaction Score
Hurley is abysmal at winning close games. Now he is abysmal trying to recruit after a championship. Hurley just got paid and he seems to be on vacation while others are at work. I’m not amused. We need more than two recruits for next year’s class.
It's pretty obvious you're not serious. Not sure why some people are taking your posts seriously. But I think your schtick has run its course. Not funny anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom