Path to #6 Getting Tougher | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Path to #6 Getting Tougher

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Especially when it just pops up in front of you like that.
Cat Wants GIF

Reaction Score
A large number of teams have excellent players, including UConn. In my eyes, Donovan Clingan is the one force on the team that distinguishes UConn's chances to repeat. A large number of teams won't be able to deal with him in conjunction with our shooters, team play, and big guards. A couple weeks ago Zach Edey, Hunter Dickinson, and to a lesser extent Kalkbrenner, were the primary bigs on quality teams that I had assumed had any possibility of dealing with Donovan. Now Kentucky recruits a 7'2 phenom from overseas to add to Aaron Bradshaw 7' , and UCLA adds a 7'3 phenom that I saw deliver a behind the back pass. Holy Big Man Batman, the path to number 6 ain't gonna be easy. Get er done.
Theyll all get knocked off with their mediocre coaches. Coaching and backcourt play wins in March.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I don't get why Mara is going to college and don't get why he's going to UCLA but this and Kentucky getting the Croatian big man don't really change anything on the national level other than making the center position stronger than it already was nationally and it was already the strongest position.

UCLA is replacing their whole team and Kentucky just never really scares me anymore.
Gradually we seem to be seeing the return of the talented big man/inside dominance to the norm along with the four out. I think it has been growing and Uconn's performance in the tournament left little doubt about how that steamroller made a shambles out of their opponents. Elite defense, shotblocking, rebounding at both ends and a strong bench to wear down opponents. Own the end of the game. Our gladiator practices for minutes are the challenge that all recruits must face before they choose to play here. Not for the faint of heart. We want the guys who are high achievers and competitors and love challenges. That tournament run set the pace as a model.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The path to #6 was always going to be hard. IMO it is much harder when a team is expected to win it all. It is also much harder when a team is trying to repeat. I think we need to all understand that and plan for the fact that the odds are very much against us to do so. I am just hoping for a season or BE tourney championship and a good run in the ncaa tourney. If we can get two or even one of the three accomplished as fans we should all appreciate the accomplishment. We are a fickle spoiled fan base and if there is anything that is a given is that the BY will be a very entertaining once the season starts.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we are. It’s just that Newton, Karaban, Clingan have all showed they can be great distributors. And I bet they will be better this year. Add in Castle and Spencer and the math adds up. Everything else from the rest of the team is gravy!
100%
I fall prey to it as well, but we are not seeing the same guys we saw last year. All 3 will improve greatly. Karaban, Newt and Clingan are gonna surprise us just like we were surprised last year by .. Karaban, Newt and Clingan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom