Pat to have knee replacement. | The Boneyard

Pat to have knee replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Summitt says she's having knee replacement surgery

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Former Tennessee women's basketball coach Pat Summitt is undergoing knee replacement surgery.

Summitt wrote on her Twitter account Wednesday, ''Seeking Fierce Courage... will need it after facing knee replacement surgery today, followed by weeks of rehab.'' Adam Waller of the Pat Summitt Foundation confirmed that Summitt would be undergoing replacement surgery on her right knee in Knoxville and would remain in a hospital through the weekend as a precautionary measure to make sure her rehabilitation starts correctly.

Summitt led Tennessee to 1,098 wins - the most of any men's or women's college basketball coach - and eight national titles in 38 seasons before stepping down in April 2012, one year after announcing she had early-onset dementia, Alzheimer's type. Since stepping down, she has remained on staff as head coach emeritus.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
1976_Oly(2).jpg
Wonder if this is the same knee she acl'd and rehabbed in time for the US National Team at the '76 Olympics...

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Best wishes and speedy recovery to her.

Reaction Score
Ohh! I hope they are careful. It is disputed in some quarters, but many believe that the medications used can accelerate the symptoms of Alzheimers. It really seemed to do that to my dad - notably different afterward and he did not even have a general anesthetic.

Reaction Score
View attachment 6071 Wonder if this is the same knee she acl'd and rehabbed in time for the US National Team at the '76 Olympics...
Wow, very unique jump shot form. Many girls have push shots, but she looks like she has a Maya-like jumper ( more to the side ). Hope she does well.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Ohh! I hope they are careful. It is disputed in some quarters, but many believe that the medications used can accelerate the symptoms of Alzheimers. It really seemed to do that to my dad - notably different afterward and he did not even have a general anesthetic.
My dad had laser eye surgery many years ago, which I assume involves no anesthetic and his health began a steady decline there-after.

It is odd how one thing can trigger other things, in ways that are not necessarily understood. Some reactions, of course, may be patient specific or not even truly related, but some, from all I have read from respected sources, are legit.

Best wishes to Pat, in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc