Pat Narduzzi | The Boneyard

Pat Narduzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He went to High School in Youngstown, Ohio.

How is being born in CT a qualifying factor in being a Connecticut guy?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He's definitely on my very early list of candidates.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a good candidate, and I know defense wins games. However, our offense is so dismal, perhaps an offense expert might be a more appropriate candidate?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Is him being linked to UCONN based solely on the fact he was born in New haven haha?

Reaction Score
Is him being linked to UCONN based solely on the fact he was born in New haven haha?

No - here:

footballscoop 11:45am via TweetDeck
Spoke w some coaches re: UConn. Strong feeling among group I spoke w that Pat Narduzzi will get good look.

footballscoop 11:49am via TweetDeck
Have heard Narduzzi speak about how hard it is to defend an offense that can run power; but on next play can spread it. Need coachable QB

He was born in New Haven because his dad Bill was a Defensive Coordinator @ Yale under Carm Cozza.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He absolutely deserves a look. Another who warants a look (i spoke with FDNY99 about him over the weekend) is Jeff Stoutland.

One name I just thought of is Rich Bisaccia (currently special teams coach for the Cowboys). Not quite a year ago at a corporate function I ran into someone who claimed to be pretty close to him. At the time Bisaccia was Alabama's special teams coach, Saban had brought him in from the NFL to fix the special teams. Supposedly, Bisaccia is from around here and the person I met ws a HS teammate of his. also, that person claimed that Bisaccia tried to get an interview for the job when Edsall left but his agent was ignored until after the presser introducing P as head coach.

If the guy wanted the job then he may still want it. It would not hurt to at least give him an interview.

One disclaimer, he is 53 (roughly my age) and I would prefer someone about a decade younger.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No - here:

footballscoop 11:45am via TweetDeck
Spoke w some coaches re: UConn. Strong feeling among group I spoke w that Pat Narduzzi will get good look.

footballscoop 11:49am via TweetDeck
Have heard Narduzzi speak about how hard it is to defend an offense that can run power; but on next play can spread it. Need coachable QB

He was born in New Haven because his dad Bill was a Defensive Coordinator @ Yale under Carm Cozza.

Thanks Medic.

I pretty much don't watch college football anymore besides UCONN, so I really have no comment on this next hire, with my only contention being can they recruit.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
He went to High School in Youngstown, Ohio.

How is being born in CT a qualifying factor in being a Connecticut guy?

Back in the heyday of civilization in the mid '90s, a younger form of myself living in Roswell, GA opened some type of carbonated beverage and won a free NCAA basketball jersey. At this point of time, I probably couldn't even point out where Connecticut was on a map - despite being born out on Long Island and having deep family Yankee (as in Northern not the baseball team....although I have those too) roots. This child filled out a form detailing out his top 3 teams which would be considered when shipping out his prize. Now, I don't recall the exact 3 teams I put in that form but I can tell you that none of them included the Connecticut Huskies. As a good catholic boy at the time, Notre Dame was on there and I believe Auburn was there (a former basketball player from my high school where I attended basketball camp played for Auburn). Well I licked the stamp, sealed the envelope, and shipped off my preferences. I anxiously awaited my package in the mail and a month or so passed when it finally arrived. I ripped open that package and received the finest jersey of them all..... a Connecticut Huskies jersey. Flash forward to my college decision time and I decide to pack up and move up the eastern seaboard to a state that I had only set foot in once (on a college visit). I still had that jersey packed away with me (and I still have it to this day). I graduated from UConn and have lived up here ever since (and am back at UConn now).

So what does this have to do with Narduzzi being born in CT. Nothing really but its a good story. And it shows that the littlest things can make you a Connecticut guy.

Reaction Score
Any well qualified B1G coach with Delaney's cell # in their phone should automatically be on the short list!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01